Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first "truck" but I noticed on my moms SUV that having the tow hitch installed at the manufacturer it was built into the vehicle vs installed at a lower location later on. Is there much of a difference in the location or how it works if I get the tow package with it vs getting an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
85 Posts
In the case of the Santa Cruz, the position is exactly the same.

If you don't want to install it yourself, then you should look for one that is already included . There are a few threads on the subject here on the forum. Do a search and you will have all the information. The install is very easy if you decide to do it yourself.

MJ

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I just know it limits the availability of what I can buy if I only look for one w/ towing package tho. Was debating if it had a cleaner look pre installed and was worth it. I'm just so nervous about pricing going up in the near future with all the talk about manufacturers increasing the invoices since the market is allowing for such high pricing right now. Hoping to get it sooner than later.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had to install mine after the purchase. There were four SC's on the lot. Only two had a hitch. One was a limited the other an SE. The SEL with the activity package (which I wanted) did not have a hitch.

I purchased my hitch and wiring adapter from the dealership and it arrived 3 days later.

I was able to install it in my driveway in less than 2 hours.

So, either way it will work for you. I wouldn't stress about this piece of it.

MJ

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
This will be my first "truck" but I noticed on my moms SUV that having the tow hitch installed at the manufacturer it was built into the vehicle vs installed at a lower location later on. Is there much of a difference in the location or how it works if I get the tow package with it vs getting an aftermarket one?
It does not matter whether it is installed at the factory, added by the dealer, or you install it yourself, it will still be in exactly the same location.

Reactions: JMII
1 - 5 of 5 Posts