1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
728 Posts
If this is anything like the Subaru Baja then I might be interested in getting one for light duty hauling and the better fuel economy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
At least Ford recognizes that their new Ranger isn't really a midsize truck. Since its being based upon the Focus does that mean it will only be FWD? Was hoping it would be RWD like the original Ranger.

·
Registered
43 Posts
While its good that Ford will be bringing a more affordable truck to market, I'm not a fan of the Courier from a design standpoint. I think Subaru did a much better job with the Baja.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car based pickups are not a new thing in Europe and we know how popular they were back in the 60's. What are the chances that Ford is bringing back the Ranchero nameplate?

·
Registered
728 Posts
The new Ranger/Tacoma/etc. is like the F-150 from 10-15 years ago...

so this new pickup might be like a Ranger/Tacoma/etc. also from 10-15 years ago and already I can see a void to be filled that those left.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a feeling that Europe is probably where these new utes will see the greatest amount of interest. I think North Americans remain skeptical of the capabilities of a pickup based upon a car platform.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have a feeling that Europe is probably where these new utes will see the greatest amount of interest. I think North Americans remain skeptical of the capabilities of a pickup based upon a car platform.
Markets in South America and parts of Asia would do well as these are secondary markets, not nearly as competitive and already has a culture based around these.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This depends on what your given needs are from a pickup. More and more people are looking at them as an alternative to an SUV, not a proper workhorse.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The RAM 700 sold overseas might be the best point of reference we have. Its sold overseas and over the past 5-10 years an increasing amount of european vehicles have come state side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts