Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Color looks very baby blue in the sun. And the chrome grille looks decent when combined with this color.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Color looks very baby blue in the sun. And the chrome grille looks decent when combined with this color.
Isn't that just the silver grill? I thought only the Limited gets the Black-Chrome grill? It looks silver to me.

Whatever it is, it looks good with the Blue Stone.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
Isn't that just the silver grill? I thought only the Limited gets the Black-Chrome grill? It looks silver to me.

Whatever it is, it looks good with the Blue Stone.
Not sure what is up with that grill. Also, the wheels are not the same as the ones on @alisarom's Limited SC.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Guess that rules out the SEL Premium, not fond of those wheels and I don't do aftermarket.
On a list of things that is easiest to correct it’s the wheels. You could swap with someone, buy the other option from the dealer, see if Tucson wheels fit or go aftermarket. Why is aftermarket a no go?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
On a list of things that is easiest to correct it’s the wheels. You could swap with someone, buy the other option from the dealer, see if Tucson wheels fit or go aftermarket. Why is aftermarket a no go?
For me aftermarket wheels are hit and miss and most of the time they don't look right. But I know there are plenty of people who do that. I have already gone down the road of 2 set of wheels/tires for summer/winter and I got tired of the hassle. Just sold the extra set of tires/wheels on our WRX (sold the vehicle too), our Ridgeline, and our Outback.

·
Registered
510 Posts
... I have already gone down the road of 2 set of wheels/tires for summer/winter and I got tired of the hassle. Just sold the extra set of tires/wheels on our WRX (sold the vehicle too), our Ridgeline, and our Outback.
So... what happens when winter comes this year?

·
Registered
221 Posts
For me aftermarket wheels are hit and miss and most of the time they don't look right. But I know there are plenty of people who do that. I have already gone down the road of 2 set of wheels/tires for summer/winter and I got tired of the hassle. Just sold the extra set of tires/wheels on our WRX (sold the vehicle too), our Ridgeline, and our Outback.
On Tire Rack's website you can see how a wheel looks on a particular car, I've done it and have had no problem with aftermarkets. I don't like the appearance of any of the stock Santa Cruz rims.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Guess that rules out the SEL Premium, not fond of those wheels and I don't do aftermarket.
I like the lower trim wheels better myself. There are plenty of quality aftermarket wheels out there, but if you want to stick with Hyundai factor wheels maybe a N-Line style similar to these will float your boat.

I think this Toyota Landcruiser style wheel will look great on a Santa Cruz.

Rims and tires can really change the look of a vehicle and personalize it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Found another! Love this guy's energy and enthusiasm! Off Road "what is could look like"

·
Registered
896 Posts
Found another! Love this guy's energy and enthusiasm! Off Road "what is could look like"
Fenders flares are an accessory that will help. I don't want a lift, but wider and adding a brush/bash bar up front with an LED light bar would be perfect. The smaller wheels do look better. Dude commands Photoshop (y) I added my comments to YT as well.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
That guy does some amazing Photoshop design work. Hyundai needs to hit him up for an off-road version!

·
Registered
724 Posts
While he's clearly a master with Photo Shop or whatever that software package he's using is, he called it a Mall Shopper! 😱 Lol...

·
Registered
510 Posts
While he's clearly a master with Photo Shop or whatever that software package he's using is, he called it a Mall Shopper! 😱 Lol...
Actually, I kind of like that. Hmmm... "Mall Shopper." It's a bit snappier than "trucklet" (that's "trucklette" for those north of the border.) It certainly sounds less awkward than 'sport activity vehicle' or "SAV." I still think "truckster" could catch on.

It has a kind of familial ring to it: "Honey! I'm going to the bodega, need anything?" "No, thanks, but don't take the mall shopper, I need it to go to Home Depot and pick up the mulch."

• Haha
Reactions: Walking Black Bear

·
Registered
724 Posts
Actually, I kind of like that. Hmmm... "Mall Shopper."
Around here that's a humorous derogatory remark -OR- a complement like she's PHAT (Pretty Hot And Tempting) or that's sick, depending on the rig and the person driving it. I certainly didn't mean anything negative by it. We all know how many 4X4 rigs never see a grain of dirt around SoCal.

Walking into Costco the other day a fully decked out bright orange 4X4 Jeep Rubicon with matching bright orange hardtop with two muscle bound guys in full military camo outfits (probably from the military base close by) drives up next to me and had to stop for pedestrians. I checked out his rig and said, "Nice grocery getter!" with a smile. The driver cracked a sarcastic grin and the passenger started laughing so hard he buckled over in his seat. Then I gave them a thumbs up. (y) Humor is wonderful when it works.

I can only imagine the conversation in that beautiful orange Rubicon after that...

·
Registered
92 Posts
re: wheels: one could also look at other "family" wheels; Telluride, Palisade, Genesis GV70, GV80. Typically, they all use the same center bore, lug pattern & close to the same offset. Case & point: my currently owned 2019 Soul + came with 17" wheels & I found 2020 18" Soul Turbo wheels for a steal. (y)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
896 Posts
Mall Shopper is an insult, but I think it meant it as the current look is too tame. However let's be honest the SC is based on the Tuscon, which is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when you say "off roader". Some call these "soft roaders" as they can handle light duty trails.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
May not scream off-roader, but dammit if my head doesn't turn every time I pass a new Tucson on the road. I really do love that front end and can't wait to get the trucky version parked in my driveway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts