Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what I found in a showroom for sale! It is the Sage Grey Santa Cruz. Sat in it, walked around it. It is big. Even though it may be a "small pickup" there is nothing little about this vehicle. The bed is taller then the Maverick. You cannot just bend over it like you can the Ford. But it is a really nice SAV in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sat in it, walked around it. It is big. Even though it may be a "small pickup" there is nothing little about this vehicle. The bed is taller then the Maverick. You cannot just bend over it like you can the Ford.
I said in another post awhile back that photos were not doing this vehicle justice, that it would have a "presence" in person. Its actually kind of bulky at certain angles. Thanks for sharing your impression.

Bummer about the bed height, hopefully its no taller then my 2WD Dakota.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Look what I found in a showroom for sale! It is the Sage Grey Santa Cruz. Sat in it, walked around it. It is big. Even though it may be a "small pickup" there is nothing little about this vehicle. The bed is taller then the Maverick. You cannot just bend over it like you can the Ford. But it is a really nice SAV in person.
That's definitely the Hampton Gray, not Sage Gray.

Any other pics? You're the first one to post a pic of one in real life! Would love to see the inside without leather...

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's definitely the Hampton Gray, not Sage Gray.

Any other pics? You're the first one to post a pic of one in real life! Would love to see the inside without leather...
IDK I think that's Sage under Fluorescent lighting. These colors are weird under different lighting. On second thought I think that is Hampton Gray. It's gotta be the one in Deland Florida. He's from Orange City.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What dealer did you see this at?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I think it was in the pre-orders/reservations. Thus the $400.00 upcharge when they realized how many people wanted it.
I too believe this is what happened. There is no way Sage is any harder or more expensive to paint then the other colors. Sage is the launch color, used during the reveal, thus it will be forever the color people associate with this vehicle.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sure would be nice to see some pix with a person of known size sitting in it and standing next to it. Also, we'd like a measurement from the ground to the floor of the cargo bed.

One of the first "Gotchas" when the new Ridgeline came out was something no one would have guessed from the pre-release ads and review videos: the rear doors did not open wide enough for practical use. Who could have seen that coming? Oh, they opened alright, but it was just enough to let a person slide through sideways -- not enough to pass by with a baby's car seat in your arms. It was quite a brouhaha at the time (fixed in later models) but it shows that there is nothing that compares with a hands-on inspection.

Reactions: JMII and treybrad

·
Registered
896 Posts
Also, we'd like a measurement from the ground to the floor of the cargo bed.
I asked during one of those “showroom live” events and the answer is = 32” I watched them measured it for me LIVE, it was pretty cool. Based on specs the Ranger is 33, the F150 is 34… and my Dakota (I measured myself) is 29” :oops:

You are correct - this why you have to see the vehicle in person and test drive it to really understand how it functions. There could be some odd ball things that are deal breakers. For example my wife's Infiniti Q60 seat belts hit my shoulders at an odd angle, its fine for occasional use but I couldn't daily that car because it would drive me crazy. You would never get that from any review, its purely a body size / seat position thing.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Pro-tip: If you have a decent phone, just do a 360o walk around on video in portrait. You can get lots of quality stills from it, and most cameras are self-stabilized now.
Please do the inside too! I don't think we've even seen a single picture of the cloth interior yet, let alone the Gray interior or the Dark Gray Leather or rare bird Orange stitching...

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I asked during one of those “showroom live” events and the answer is = 32” I watched them measured it for me LIVE, it was pretty cool. Based on specs the Ranger is 33, the F150 is 34… and my Dakota (I measured myself) is 29” :oops:
My 97 Sierra measured 28" to the top of the tailgate. That's going to be an extra 4 inches to heft the lawn mower. Oh well.

Crazy that these are in showrooms now - while Canada's website still lists pricing as "coming soon" even though it's been public for over a week!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts