Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium / Preferred Trend
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a comment on YouTube vid a while back about the “safety hazard” of the SC from front turn signals because they create an arrow pointing the opposite direction of the intended turn. The commenting guy said he was taking a complaint to “the government.”

I didn’t think much of it until I saw a vid from a dealer sales guy when it logged in my brain as perhaps confusing. I snatched this screenshot.

What do you think? Confusing to oncoming traffic at night? Or not a problem?

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dislike the fact that new cars/trucks today with the LED system, when one turns on their signal, the LED lights associated with the left or right signal turn off.. Theory is, one could or can see the turn signal better if the LED headlight was turned off. Either one likes it or they don't. this is one negative towards the SC we don't like. In order to correct this, we're tempted to use the yellow or orange film over the entire light housing, which would appear as a fog light instead..

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium / Preferred Trend
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh sorry— I see there is already a thread about this. Maybe an admin could merge?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
I kind of agreed with the idea until one day I was facing a new Chevy Silverado turning left. Our backwards arrow is NOTHING compared to the giant and oversized version of it that sits in the grill. Since that, I have no issues. Haven't witnessed any traffic confused by it either. Oncoming vehicles thinking I don't have my headlights on at night is the lighting issue up front.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Morning and today is our D-Day. But before we leave I wanted to report something I've noticed with images of the SC we'll be looking at. I want everyone to take pictures of the front end of you cruz and post them on line Mainly focus on a single left or right headlight/turn single. My observation seems to indicate that somewhere down the line they (Hyundai) heard our complaints about the turn signal and changed the placement/housing and location of the signal. So, I'll be taking the camera with me today just to verify changes have been made. Other wise I'll report back in a few hours today via my thread. Couple Of Concerns Before Our Test Drive

TC reporting back soon.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Morning and today is our D-Day. But before we leave I wanted to report something I've noticed with images of the SC we'll be looking at. I want everyone to take pictures of the front end of you cruz and post them on line Mainly focus on a single left or right headlight/turn single. My observation seems to indicate that somewhere down the line they (Hyundai) heard our complaints about the turn signal and changed the placement/housing and location of the signal. So, I'll be taking the camera with me today just to verify changes have been made. Other wise I'll report back in a few hours today via my thread. Couple Of Concerns Before Our Test Drive
TC reporting back soon.
Turn signal design is different, depending on whether the trim level calls for halogen (SE, SEL) or LED headlights (SEL+Activity, Limited.) The halogen headlights have 'normal' turn signals, while the LED headlights have the 'confusing' design.

Reactions: Walking Black Bear

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts
And we didn't have to pay extra to get this. ;)
.....or an extra 100 hp/130 pound-feet of twist, decent headlights and a top safety rating. ;):ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Holy crap - I finally saw one of those Mini Countrymen on the road and followed it on the highway for a bit. Say whatever you want about our front turn signals ... WOW IS THE MINI TAILLIGHT STUPID!! It literally makes a full arrow flash pointing the wrong direction. And no, not just a curve that can be interpreted as an arrow head ... but a full blown arrow blinking the wrong way! Mind blowing. I get it, the designers were going for a Union Jack motif in the tail lights ... but they were so busy splitting a flag in half that they completely overlooked just how stupid it was in practice. Yikes!

Mini hands-down, flat-out wins the award for worst turn signal design EV-ER.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
349 Posts
Holy crap - I finally saw one of those Mini Countrymen on the road and followed it on the highway for a bit. Say whatever you want about our front turn signals ... WOW IS THE MINI TAILLIGHT STUPID!! It literally makes a full arrow flash pointing the wrong direction. And no, not just a curve that can be interpreted as an arrow head ... but a full blown arrow blinking the wrong way! Mind blowing. I get it, the designers were going for a Union Jack motif in the tail lights ... but they were so busy splitting a flag in half that they completely overlooked just how stupid it was in practice. Yikes!

Mini hands-down, flat-out wins the award for worst turn signal design EV-ER.
Well, the Brits do drive on the wrong side of the road. :oops::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
349 Posts
So do the Japanese, Ausies, Kiwis, Irish, West Indies, Southern horn of Africa, India, pretty much everywhere south of Thailand...blah blah - still doesn't make up for the fact that those Mini turn signals are completely wrong and gimmicky
I'm just joking around with my comment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.