Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the car dealers have once again forgotten why people dislike car dealers and how they have live up to the reputation they have earned time after time. When time are bad, sales are down and car companies are struggling to survive, they turn and ask for government hand outs. Perhaps Hyundai did not do this but in general you get the point. After much searching I found the Santa Cruz I wanted . Yes it was 2 states over but... It is in route and is available. No they are not adding a markup he said...or are they? I found that they intend to add a very healthy dealer add-on package. I explained that I did not the add-ons and that I was willing to pay list on the factory sticker. Apparently this was not acceptable. He kept talking about no one is discounting...he could not separate dealer add-ons that had not yet been added to the vehicle from what he was calling a discount. This would have be my first foray in to purchasing a Hyundai but this attitude is pushing me back toward buying that Tacoma I was originally looking at.

·
Registered
199 Posts
There actually are good dealers out there. I bought my SC from one and am very happy with how everything turned out. There was no markup and when I said that I wanted the add-ons removed, there was no problem with getting them off.

Hang in there, you can find a good dealer with an SC that you want, but you might have to be patient. :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the supply limited world of SC shopping. No inventory = dealers not willing to budge. You have to decide if you really want the vehicle and then find a dealer that will work with you. Searching this forum you'll find your not alone, this is just the current state of things. Patients is the key.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,207 Posts
There actually are good dealers out there.
What my family has found is that the so called good dealers don't have any inventory, or even a variety of incoming vehicles. They tend to be the smaller more personal dealerships that value their customer relationship. It's very hard to find one of those with a SC in the color and trim desired. Thus the frustration in ones search.

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
194 Posts
Well I think you will also find dealers that are willing to sell msrp with no BS are selling cars instantly, usually while they are still in transit. In my market, north Jersey / NYC many dealers have cars that sit on the lot for a week or more. If the SC isn't sold before it even hits the lot in a crazy big market like the New York area its because they are trying to get a premium. Whereas dealerships out in the sticks are selling instantaneously.

So basically if they say they have the car on the lot be rightfully suspicious. Especially if you are travelling from the next state or further don't go down to the dealership unless they have sold the car to you over the phone. Believe nothing a dealer tells you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What my family has found is that the so called good dealers don't have any inventory, or even a variety of incoming vehicles. They tend to be the smaller more personal dealerships that value their customer relationship. It's very hard to find one of those with a SC in the color and trim desired. Thus the frustration in ones search.
In my case, the dealer had 2 in stock, both of which had arrived just 24 hours before; mine in Sage Gray SEL Premium and a standard SEL in White. Neither of which had even been detailed by the time I got there.

So, I bought the Sage Premium and the White SC is still there.

My deal was good, actually below MSRP a little after we got done haggling (with me physically preparing to walk out several times) and I left happy.

Another dealership, 30 miles closer to home, was not such a good experience. They had the SC for sale with no "market adjustment" markup on the list price, but add-ons were included. and the sales personnel were terrible. I'm glad that I didn't buy there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
B
It seems that the car dealers have once again forgotten why people dislike car dealers and how they have live up to the reputation they have earned time after time. When time are bad, sales are down and car companies are struggling to survive, they turn and ask for government hand outs. Perhaps Hyundai did not do this but in general you get the point. After much searching I found the Santa Cruz I wanted . Yes it was 2 states over but... It is in route and is available. No they are not adding a markup he said...or are they? I found that they intend to add a very healthy dealer add-on package. I explained that I did not the add-ons and that I was willing to pay list on the factory sticker. Apparently this was not acceptable. He kept talking about no one is discounting...he could not separate dealer add-ons that had not yet been added to the vehicle from what he was calling a discount. This would have be my first foray in to purchasing a Hyundai but this attitude is pushing me back toward buying that Tacoma I was originally looking at.
Bought my SEL Limited in RI.. Sticker price.. perfect experience

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
74 Posts
I drove down from Buffalo NY to Atlanta Georgia to get my Mojave Sand limited because two local dealers had no clue on price and delivery date. I placed a $500 deposit at one dealer and they never ordered it. Go to Jim Ellis Hyundai in Atlanta, I purchased at MSRP as was given a great trade in on my old vehicle. Great experience

1 - 8 of 8 Posts