Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went down to the Hyundai dealer in town yesterday, and I wanted to look around at their offerings (particularly the Tucson). Thought it would help me get an idea of size and styling for the Santa Cruz.

Inevitably, a salesman came out and I struck up a conversation about what I was after, asking about the concept. It was funny, because we seemed to have completely different information about the Santa Cruz. When I said I thought it'd be based on the Tuscon, he said its have to be based on the Santa Fe. When I said it'd be compact, he said it'd be like the Honda Ridgeline. When I said it'd be diesel, he said they didn't make a diesel so it was unlikely, and that he thought the Santa Cruz would only be a European/Australian release.

I wasn't sure if I just knew way more about this than he did, or if I've been fed misinformation. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope so. I doubt the average consumer knows much about this concept as us die-hards, and thus I doubt he needs to know much about it another than casual office conversation. To be honest, the more he talked about it, the less and less interested I became.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I worked at a dealer for 13 years wrenching on cars. I can assure you that most salesman don't know anything about what is coming, they barely know about whats on the lot. they just want to make sales. I wouldn t read too much into it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is why I go on forums even if I don't know anything. Always good to be well informed when you're going to be dropping a few grand on a car.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I worked at a dealer for 13 years wrenching on cars. I can assure you that most salesman don't know anything about what is coming, they barely know about whats on the lot. they just want to make sales. I wouldn t read too much into it.
I found that very few of them are actually even slightly passionate about the vehicles they sell, some know nothing... and when you don't see them last long... it sort of goes to confirm that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts