Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
TBD
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Hyundai updated the Santa Cruz page on their website. While they added the information about these 2 new FWD trims, it seems they accidentally removed all the old trims at the time of this post. Oh Hyundai...
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Grille

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know that it was a mistake. They also updated the homepage and Vehicle page to now include the Santa Cruz, but everything says coming early 2022 now. It changed in three places, and digging into the code reveals that the text was input and not dynamically populated off a CMS that could have accidentally picked up the wrong info. This was changed on purpose?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I imagine the build and price is coming out sometime between now and Tuesday and these models will be left out and only for 'reservation' and they are transitioning the other models over to the build and price.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No more SE and SEL base FWD models...Whats going on???

Boy-O-Boy..they are screwing the pooch on this one...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I imagine the build and price is coming out sometime between now and Tuesday and these models will be left out and only for 'reservation' and they are transitioning the other models over to the build and price.
Ah that makes a lot more sense! So there will be two listings... live build/price and reservation. The thing I don't get is that they didn't launch the changes at the same time. Should have just left it as-is until both were ready, this was confusing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ah that makes a lot more sense! So there will be two listings... live build/price and reservation. The thing I don't get is that they didn't launch the changes at the same time. Should have just left it as-is until both were ready, this was confusing.
Should of waited till the middle of the night...like most IT's do... or weekend...it is Friday... Dorks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Everything surrounding this launch has been confusing. Why would they get better at it now?
The approach of most forum members:
"A,B,C,1,2,3... Clarity. Transparency. Tell me the bad news."

The approach taken by Hyundai USA:
B,R,D,J, 8,1,2... Let's do this. Wait. Let's do that. No. No. No. Do this."

I understand we are living in unique times. I truly do. That said, not the way I would run my business.

·
Registered
237 Posts

I understand we are living in unique times. I truly do. That said, not the way I would run my business.
And lookie us....We dumb consumers know this is unique times and businesses need to step up. I guess I'm one of the few that think Hyundai is flunking consumerism and a load of other things... I've never seen such let down on a product launch before...Right from the top to the dealers... a big fat "Incomplete"

I hope they don't think this is a way to push people up the chain to a premium or limited??? who would be that stupid LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few that think Hyundai is flunking consumerism and a load of other things... I've never seen such let down on a product launch before...Right from the top to the dealers... a big fat "Incomplete"
I assure you many members of this community agree with you. I also assure you, there are plenty of people now visiting the Ford Maverick forums because they said enough is enough.

I'm one of the few truly in a bind: 1) I am in dire need of a vehicle 2) The vehicle that truly speaks to me has had a less than smooth launch.

Had my vehicle (VIN) not appeared on the magic spreadsheet last week- I would have walked. Who knows, I may still walk.

I keep posting my thought not to b!tch and complain... Hoping someone (anyone) at corporate gets the message there must be a better way. (Not cool if the next product launch has the same issues)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Everything surrounding this launch has been confusing. Why would they get better at it now?
If they are anything like my company, they probably outsourced all the web design and maintenance to the absolute lowest bidder in India instead of doing it in-house. Its been a nightmare for us having all kinds of problems we never did before, but it saved the company a few bucks so the guys on the board could give themselves a pat on the back and a bigger bonus that eats up all the "savings" they just created. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
237 Posts
So I was quoted $32,150 for a SEL FWD Sage Gray....Good price or Bad????

·
Registered
237 Posts
Out the door......No activity I want to know MSRP so I know how much they are adding on Can't use Hyundais site now

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm thinking they are adding $3000 of something

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is there a way to see the window sticker with the VIN??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Think I had read somewhere a while back they had "sold" (think they meant the "reservations") all of 2021 production before they even started showing up on lots. Due to the new surge of COVID I would bet they are seeing less than expected production. With that I think the website changes are meant to send the message the SC won't be widely available until 2022.

Ah, here it is, from back in June:

Hyundai North America president and CEO José Muñoz told The Fox Garage that the brand’s upcoming Santa Cruz compact pickup is on track to sell out for the year by July … and the price hasn’t even been announced yet.

"I'm sure we're going to have a good result because we put this truck on presale starting last month and we have already sold out a fifty percent of the total production foreseen for this year," Muñoz said.
If he is referring to the "reservation" system when he says "sold" that is just hilarious!

·
Registered
221 Posts

You forgot A,B,C,1,2,3, send my reservation deposit back to me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts