Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

How will you set up your gauge cluster when driving?

• Linked to Drive Mode (cluster changes based on drive mode)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Classic A - White gauges (seen in Normal and Smart drive modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic B - Carbon fiber gauges (seen in Sport mode)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Classic C - Black gauges (not used in any drive modes)

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Cube - Numbers in Cubes (not used in any drive modes)

Votes: 3 13.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just for fun, I thought it might be interesting to know what gauge cluster theme everyone prefers on the SC and would find themselves driving with. (Or maybe I'm just curious to know how many people like the cube theme) If you did not know already, you can keep them linked to the drive mode or have one set as default no matter what drive mode you are in. As for me, I despise white gauges and was happy to learn that these are configurable.

As requested...
Classic A

Classic B

Classic C

Cube

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just for fun, I thought it might be interesting to know what gauge cluster theme everyone prefers on the SC and would find themselves driving with. (Or maybe I'm just curious to know how many people like the cube theme) If you did not know already, you can keep them linked to the drive mode or have one set as default no matter what drive mode you are in. As for me, I despise white gauges and was happy to learn that these are configurable.
Need photos for examples.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Once I get a SC I'll have to play around with them to bsee watch one is visually pleasing. I would likely set it to the one I like best all the time. Still wish we had terrain modes like CAN.
Anyone have ideas why they offer LOCK mode in US?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I like the classic B a lot, but admit I don't hate classic C at all. What I would have LOVED is if Hyundai would have given us a way to create our own dial art. They are, after all, just some basic images on a screen. Animations may be trickier for custom, but still ... how fun would that be?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the classic B a lot, but admit I don't hate classic C at all. What I would have LOVED is if Hyundai would have given us a way to create our own dial art. They are, after all, just some basic images on a screen. Animations may be trickier for custom, but still ... how fun would that be?
Obviously its all personal preference but for me... I despise white gauges. Classic B is nice for the red but I'm not a huge fan of carbon fiber. I'll be setting mine up for Classic C. As for other options, yes, it would be nice for some additional customization. i.e. replace tach with navigation info, music, etc. I know Mercedes allows for a LOT of customization of their digital clusters but of course, that's a luxury brand so I would not expect Hyundai to be anywhere near that level. That said, it's really just a matter of software code; so adding in a little bit of customization (beyond style of gauges) should not be too hard. Oh well, I'm happy at least I don't have to look at white gauges. :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Cube? Ummmm that is... ummmm NO just no :sick:

White might be too bright at night but otherwise Link-to-Drive seems fine. I'll be in Sport mode 80% of the time I bet ;)

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
185 Posts
I set mine for Cube before I left the dealer lot.

Later that night I switched to Classic B, with current speed in the center screen.

I'll probably try out the other two, and Cube again, before I settle on one.

·
Registered
91 Posts

As requested...
Classic A
View attachment 1724

Classic B
View attachment 1725

Classic C
View attachment 1726

Cube
View attachment 1727
So you have to use the display dictated by the drive mode? If I use the Smart mode I can't use the Carbon Fiber display?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you have to use the display dictated by the drive mode? If I use the Smart mode I can't use the Carbon Fiber display?
If you have your cluster set to "Linked to Drive Mode" then yes. Otherwise you can select from the 4 options (A, B, C, Cube) to be the default no matter what drive mode you are in.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you have your cluster set to "Linked to Drive Mode" then yes. Otherwise you can select from the 4 options (A, B, C, Cube) to be the default no matter what drive mode you are in.
I wish it could be configured with Classic B in Sport and Classic C in all other drive modes. I doubt it's possible though.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Logically all they need is to allow a user setting per drive-mode. That should be dead simple, since it's all software options. That's a bit disappointing.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
There's a LOT they could do with some extra code. You would think they would take advantage of something so easy and cost effective.
Open source the code and let us hack at it!! Determined users will find a way! :D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I like how you can have the digital speedometer on the left and have something else in the center.
That is definitely an advantage of the rather odd little cube design. I have come to really enjoy having the digital speedo in front of me all the time, even with a dial right beside it. I've had too many vehicles with inaccurate analog gauges. (My truck and the Dodge being two, currently. Dodge has digital speed in the middle, in the truck, I pull live data from my BlueDriver to get my speed/rpm/etc from the OBDII port.) The tach side of the cube layout just looks/feels odd to me though. Although for as much as the tach is really important while driving an automatic ... I suppose it wouldn't matter too much.

I'll play around with all of them, except the white faces I'm certain, and see what sticks.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
185 Posts
That is definitely an advantage of the rather odd little cube design. I have come to really enjoy having the digital speedo in front of me all the time, even with a dial right beside it. I've had too many vehicles with inaccurate analog gauges. (My truck and the Dodge being two, currently. Dodge has digital speed in the middle, in the truck, I pull live data from my BlueDriver to get my speed/rpm/etc from the OBDII port.) The tach side of the cube layout just looks/feels odd to me though. Although for as much as the tach is really important while driving an automatic ... I suppose it wouldn't matter too much.

I'll play around with all of them, except the white faces I'm certain, and see what sticks.
I've been using the Speedometer Pro iPhone app as a speedometer on my scooter, because the stock speedo reads at least 10% fast. When you're riding a motorcycle, you want to make sure that a brodozer isn't going to ride up your back end because you thought you were doing the speed limit, and you really weren't.

I haven't checked the accuracy of the Santa Cruz speedo yet.

And I agree, the way the tach works in Cube is odd. But I don't really pay attention to the tach any more when driving, since I'm not in a manual transmission vehicle. Although, to be fair, I didn't pay attention to the tach in a manual, either. I learned to shift based on the sound the engine made. Since the first three manual transmission cars I drove didn't have tachs, that was the only way to know when to shift (1973 AMC Hornet wagon, 1968 Dodge A100 van, 1970 AMC Hornet coupe).

I'm currently using Cube, with digital speed in the center, although if I stick with Cube, I'll switch digital speed to something else.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I learned to drive manual in a 63 Ford Falcon, 3 on the tree. Speedo didn't work above 30, so I installed a tach and calculated the speed at RPM in 3rd gear. I was dead accurate too, based on the police officer's radar gun. LOL I did use the tach in the Equinox last winter to figure out Chevy disables 6th gear in a 6 speed transmission when it's cold out. By cold, they mean below literal freezing. 32F/0C. Sometimes. Not always. Spent most of the winter with a 5 speed Equinox. But the tach told me something was off. Wouldn't want to be without one in a car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts