Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my black on black Limited this afternoon. Had to pay MSRP and add on the dealers $2K protection package (I didn't want) but it was that or no deal. So far so good! Sold my 2020 BE Ridgeline to Carvana last month to get ready. Drove it for a year and they gave me a grand more than I paid for it... really! I was pretty impressed with this covid car shortage. Funny this Limited is third black truck I've owned and always say "Never again!" but I'm a sucker for black. Originally started with a black '77 C10 Stepside I lowered quite a bit. Big mistake. Had to add HD springs cut down so it wouldn't bottom out and naturally it rode like a rock!
On the Ridgeline i lowered it 2", black chromed the grill and it's emblem, debadged, added fender flares (fun, had to tear off the front bumper), Duplicolor Spraymasked the hood stripe and tinted the windows before it was even out of Intransit. Added some pics as I was working on it.
I'm big on mods and upgrades so anxious to get started on my Limited. Also still have my 2003 Subaru Baja that with only 100K is pretty pristine for it's age. I will be setting it up for a side by side shootout with the new SC. Should be fun for a few comparison pics of old tech and the new.
Looking forward to a lot of good give and take here in the forum. Thanks in advance...

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire Tire Grille Vehicle Wheel Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just picked up my black on black Limited this afternoon. Had to pay MSRP and add on the dealers $2K protection package (I didn't want) but it was that or no deal. So far so good! Sold my 2020 BE Ridgeline to Carvana last month to get ready. Drove it for a year and they gave me a grand more than I paid for it... really! I was pretty impressed with this covid car shortage. Funny this Limited is third black truck I've owned and always say "Never again!" but I'm a sucker for black. Originally started with a black '77 C10 Stepside I lowered quite a bit. Big mistake. Had to add HD springs cut down so it wouldn't bottom out and naturally it rode like a rock!
On the Ridgeline i lowered it 2", black chromed the grill and it's emblem, debadged, added fender flares (fun, had to tear off the front bumper), Duplicolor Spraymasked the hood stripe and tinted the windows before it was even out of Intransit. Added some pics as I was working on it.
I'm big on mods and upgrades so anxious to get started on my Limited. Also still have my 2003 Subaru Baja that with only 100K is pretty pristine for it's age. I will be setting it up for a side by side shootout with the new SC. Should be fun for a few comparison pics of old tech and the new.
Looking forward to a lot of good give and take here in the forum. Thanks in advance...

View attachment 2047 View attachment 2048 View attachment 2049 View attachment 2050
I am kind of surprised that Carvana gave you 1K over with the mods. Was that disclosed prior to the sale? Congrats on the SC. I would love to hear your drive review in comparison to the Ridgeline.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts