Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been talking with dealer in Winston Salem, NC. Got a call that my config was in. On my way to talk to them, I got a call from a closer dealer that my config came in last night.
Original dealer wanted 2,000 over MSRP, second dealer MSRP no dealer addons, just straight out deal.
I went by and drove it home SC SEL AWD Activity.
Good dealer: Modern Hyundai, Concord, NC.
Vulture dealer: Bob King Hyundai Winston Salem, NC.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congrats on the purchase - and it being the better deal. Glad you got the call before a $2,000 mistake!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So Ive had one reserved at a dealer for 2 weeks had the vin and everything, being paraniod and distrustful of car delaers ive called multiple times per week to confirm arrival date. This afternoon I called to confirm it was arriving Friday and was told that vehicle is no longer available to me and has been sold.....I asked what the **** happened to my reservation and was told I needed to put down a $2500 earnest deposit and as I hadnt they couldnt hold it and have sold it. Was never told anything about more money down and was beyond pissed to say the least. I called the Hyundai Concierge and they investigated saying it was reserved for someone else even though it was them who gave me the vinand info on this on for the dealer. Has anyone else had similar experiences? My guess is they had someone offer way more for mine and decided to lose my reservation. Fortunately Ive located another close to what I wanted but a higher trim level...Downside is now Im wating another two weeks....Fingers crossed if this one get sold out from under me I may chanfe to the Maverick camp...Ford seems to be able to actually hold their reservations

·
Registered
724 Posts
Has anyone else had similar experiences? My guess is they had someone offer way more for mine and decided to lose my reservation. Fortunately Ive located another close to what I wanted but a higher trim level...Downside is now Im wating another two weeks....Fingers crossed if this one get sold out from under me I may chanfe to the Maverick camp...Ford seems to be able to actually hold their reservations
Oh yes! Many have. It's such a sad state of affairs. I found my "reserved" vehicle is on the stealers lot last night with a window sticker of OVER $41,000. This is a base model SE AWD. I guess my "reservation" has been canceled...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Concierge system is frustrating, but through trial and error I kept searching for a configuration that I liked, reserving it and then contacting the dealer to see if they were marking them up above MSRP. Found it odd that the color was changed twice after I had reserved when I went back in the next day to check my reservation, but finally found that Brown Daub in Easton, PA (near Allentown) was selling at MSRP, so that's where I bought mine. Please tell them Joe Marlin sent you as I would like to build a relationship with one of the few scrupulous dealers left! Calling out Major Hyundai, Dickson City and Motor World in Pennsylvania as scumbags for their "Market Adjustment" insane mark-ups!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Found it odd that the color was changed twice after I had reserved when I went back in the next day to check my reservation
Yup! This happened to me and others I know too. Not sure if that is designed into the Hyundai system to try and get you to buy what they have on the lot or coming even though that is not what you want -OR- simply a programing error on their part. Unfortunately the model, trim, exterior/interior color I'm looking for is nowhere to be found and I have no idea what dealerships are willing to sell at MSRP. Many claim they will sell MSRP to Insider Program participants, but that's easy to say when they don't have the car you want on their lot or coming. Then you have the issue of it coming in and everything regarding price changing after months of waiting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just finalized my deal and picked mine up yesterday (Labor Day) at Brown-Daub Hyundai in Easton, PA. (Near Allentown, PA) MSRP and no mark ups, plus they were not at all pushy about add-ons like extended warranty, etc...they offered them, but took my first 'no' before moving on. They still have 1 SEL Premium IN STOCK! (turbo engine, but 18" wheels) Tell them Joe Marlin sent you as I would like to solidify my relationship with this great dealer!

·
Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
59 Posts
This afternoon I called to confirm it was arriving Friday and was told that vehicle is no longer available to me and has been sold.....I asked what the **** happened to my reservation
Reminds me of the old Seinfeld rental car episode. You know how to take a reservation. You just don’t know how to keep a reservatio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts