Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On two different occasions, while driving, Google voice has activated by me sneezing. I was just listening to Sirius/XM. I also love using the built-in maps ability with my phone. The weird thing is the default voice is female but in the middle of a direction the voice changes to male!

Anybody else experiencing weird things with Google while driving?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
On two different occasions, while driving, Google voice has activated by me sneezing. I was just listening to Sirius/XM. I also love using the built-in maps ability with my phone. The weird thing is the default voice is female but in the middle of a direction the voice changes to male!

Anybody else experiencing weird things with Google while driving?
I have experienced the google lady rearing her head for any number of erroneous reasons, sounds or utterances. However I have not experience any female to male metamorphosis.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
487 Posts
Well, I'm confused. Did you have Google Maps running, or Android Auto, or what? Or did your phone just suddenly activate? And what did Sirius/XM radio have to do with it?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
Well, I'm confused. Did you have Google Maps running, or Android Auto, or what? Or did your phone just suddenly activate? And what did Sirius/XM radio have to do with it?
I presume the OP was talking about Android Auto/Google maps. It is quite common for the google lady to pop up for apparently no good reason. For a while I thought it was happening because of certain words were uttered in the vehicle and misinterpreted but that's not necessarily true as I have seen her pop up when nothing has been said. The Sirius conversations are a totally different thread,

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was simply listening to Sirius/XM and happened to sneeze and Google voice activated. When I start my SC, Android Auto/ Maps automatically connect by Bluetooth. I wasn't actively using Android Auto or Maps.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Premium - Phantom Black
64 Posts
Android auto glitch I assume... It happens to me all the time. Aggravating but I'm not sure there is a fix for it. Mine will do it sometimes when nobody is speaking at all. Just random...

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
487 Posts
I was simply listening to Sirius/XM and happened to sneeze and Google voice activated. When I start my SC, Android Auto/ Maps automatically connect by Bluetooth. I wasn't actively using Android Auto or Maps.
Okay, see it doesn't have anything to do with Sirius/XM radio.

You have Android Auto running in the background and wireless AA, and like you say it connected your phone to the truck via BT. So you actually WERE "actively using AA/Google Maps" just by virtue of having AA running. Then it's just a matter of Google listening in and talking to you.

You may want AA to automatically connect and display when you start your truck, and that's fine. But if not, you need to shut down AA when not in use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts