Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a new owner and just got my Sage Grey Limited yesterday! I absolutely love it but have one issue... It came with the Gopro mount installed on the driver side fender. At this point, I don't believe I will be using it for quite a while and want to remove it to match the other fenders... From what I have seen, there is a cover plate that is removed to install the Gopro mount and it just gets reinstalled to put the fender back to "normal". Unfortunately, the dealer does not have the cover plate and says the only way to get it is to buy the entire fender flare for $225... Does anyone have any idea about purchasing this cover plate or what my options are, other than just keeping the Gopro mount in place?

Thanks!

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you bought it new with the flares then warranty coverage shouldn’t be an issue for the missing cover. If someone installed the flares after the fact then warranty doesn’t help in the matter. I bought the set but have never seen an individual flare for sale. Contact Hyundai’s accessories website, they should have the answer.

·
Registered
SEL AWD
237 Posts
Kinda dumb that the dealer is trying to make you buy an entire fender for a $2 plastic cover. Here's the part number for the stock front left (non-flared): 87711-K5000-CA

·
Registered
Black Limited
324 Posts
Does anyone have any idea about purchasing this cover plate or what my options are, other than just keeping the Gopro mount in place?
Thanks!
Joe
I would pressure the dealer into getting the cover as someone there installed it, if it's a new car. If not, get the ahold of the previous owner and see if he/she has it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did see the installation instruction if purchased after receiving the vehicle and it shows the cover plate and specifically says to save the plate, but the fender flares and camera mount were on the window sticker and the Hyundai website doesn't specifically call them to be dealer installed, so it just might be as they say. I can certainly live with it and it does make a distinctive vehicle even more distinctular (sp?)... :)

If it really gets to the point where I can't deal with it, I'll look for a possible cover plate on ebay or an entire fender flare someone doesn't want... All good...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did see the installation instruction if purchased after receiving the vehicle and it shows the cover plate and specifically says to save the plate, but the fender flares and camera mount were on the window sticker and the Hyundai website doesn't specifically call them to be dealer installed, so it just might be as they say. I can certainly live with it and it does make a distinctive vehicle even more distinctular (sp?)... :)
If it really gets to the point where I can't deal with it, I'll look for a possible cover plate on ebay or an entire fender flare someone doesn't want... All good...
There is a SC on a dealer's site here I'm interested in but it also has the mount sticking out of the left ft fender which I don't want. The window sticker will not pull up so I can't see what the options say. So on your window sticker does it show a different optional flare so you have to buy the entire base flare to get rid of the mount. Or will yours still allow a cover plate to be snapped on after mount removal? In other words do you have an entirely optional flare or just the mount as an option? Thanks.

·
Registered
SEL AWD
237 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a SC on a dealer's site here I'm interested in but it also has the mount sticking out of the left ft fender which I don't want. The window sticker will not pull up so I can't see what the options say. So on your window sticker does it show a different optional flare so you have to buy the entire base flare to get rid of the mount. Or will yours still allow a cover plate to be snapped on after mount removal? In other words do you have an entirely optional flare or just the mount as an option? Thanks.
For mine, it was on the window sticker as the gopro mount. The dealer does NOT have the cover plate needed if I want to remove the gopro setup, so I will have to buy a set of fender flares and use one of the four (4) caps in that to put back to "normal"... Check with your dealer and see if he has the cap and let him know you want to put it to standard and he may have it or work with you... Good luck!

·
Registered
SEL AWD
237 Posts
Did you check to see if they put it in the glove compartment or the back seat storage areas?
Good point. If you got some dealer installed options that don't actually need to be installed (bed net, first aid kit, etc.), the dealer might have stashed the cap away with all of this other stuff.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, I found a window sticker online with the gopro mount option. It's a $550 option that indicates the entire flare is different. Says "Camera Mount with Fender Flares" So it may just be that if it comes from the factory like that you will need to buy a regular flare too and not just the cap. I'll assume it also includes pre wiring for that kind of money.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,091 Posts
There are two types of wheel arch trims, the regular ones, and available since the spring, the Fender flares - The flared version are a prerequisite for the GOPro mount.
A few of the users here ordered and installed the flares, and the Factory started to ship some units with the flares around that time too. The flares include nutserts/Rivet nuts that allow the Go-Pro mount (obtained separately) to be installed on either of the front wheel arches, the 'Easter Egg cover ' is removable (via a plug/ at the bottom of the wheel arch) to reveal two threaded inserts for the GO-Pro mount. I couldn't imagine anyone leaving the GoPro mount in permanently, or anyone daft enough to ship a vehicle with a small arm sticking out from the Wheel arch. If the Easter Egg cover is not stashed in the car, you certainly need to have the dealer/Hyundai cough up for a replacement cover- don't be bullied into paying for replacement flares.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm definitely with you... I'm talking to my salesman again today... Unless there is another storage I missed, I looked in all possible storage places in the vehicle and bed... Not a deal breaker as I really love the truck so far!!!

·
Registered
SEL AWD
237 Posts
I couldn't imagine anyone leaving the GoPro mount in permanently, or anyone daft enough to ship a vehicle with a small arm sticking out from the Wheel arch.
I don't understand what would make a dealer think that it's a good idea to install this thing prior to delivery

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,091 Posts
The dealer 100.5% responsible for ensuring the customer has a complete vehicle - or needs to provide the missing part(s), no-one lights the candles on a birthday cake before it leaves the store do they? This is the Dealerships equivalent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm done with the dealer... I am blessed with not having to sweat this. I will just let it be represented in the rating I give them... Luckily, it is not my neighborhood dealership... I will be going to them for everything from now on (they couldn't trade for this one...)...

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
122 Posts
Did you check to see if they put it in the glove compartment or the back seat storage areas?
That's where I found my original lugs, and the lock key. My dealer had put locking lugs on as a courtesy. I didn't even notice 'em until two weeks later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Distance of dealership from where you lived shouldn’t effect complete customer satisfaction from the dealership. I would hold them to making out right. You have options as a consumer and should exercise them. Hyundai is in the business to stand behind their 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. I bought my SC from a dealer 250 miles from where I live and was treated as a valuable customer!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Back in 2009 I bought a new Hyundai Accent. Bottom of the barrel trim, manual trans. I only bought it because of the surge in gas prices then and my other vehicle was an F-150 Lariat Crew Cab and to get to work was a 52 mile round trip. I bought the Hyundai 150 miles away, over the phone, sight unseen. When I picked it up the salesman was lackluster, bored and wanted to get rid of me as quickly as possible since I was not dropping big bucks there, which was OK with me. I took it for a spin around the block and then he tossed me the manual and extra key. The finance guy couldn't get it through his head that I didn't want any extras, that the entire exercise was to just have a cheap car to get to work with. So he wasn't thrilled with me either. When I got home I discovered that the car was missing the cargo cover that you pull out behind the rear seat. I checked with Hyundai online to see if that trim was supposed to have it since it cost $300 if you wanted to buy one. Yep. I called the salesman and he said he'd find it and get it for me. Then he blew it off. So, when they called to get a review from me they asked how I rated the salesman from 1 to 10. I said three. The next day he actually called and got profane between his hyperventilating. I said, the car was missing a part, you said you get it and didn't. He said I "got a great deal" and I should be happy with a car missing a part. So then I called Hyundai and explained the situation. Hyundai called the dealership sales manager and told them to get me the missing part. He said no to which Hyundai rep said "You're telling corporate NO?!" Then they called the dealership owner. I don't know what was said but I then got a call from the parts manager telling me to come pick up my part. I told him he needed to mail it since I lived 150 miles away. Got the part a few days later. Moral of the story, call Hyundai corporate if you run into a brick wall at the dealership.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts