Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

turn-down or tucked exhaust tip design doesn't inspire confidence that it'll sound loud

there doesn't seem to be much obstruction to access the resonator, which is pretty good to swap for aftermarket exhaust system.
also, drive shaft looking beefy that's a good sign.

I couldn't find any sound clip of the exhaust note, but I think it's tuned to the quiet side.
Let's hope Santa Cruces get to be somewhat success in terms of sale volume so that Borla and others can make an entire catback exhaust system that's direct OE bolt on fit.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Here's your exhaust -
- nothing crazy. I don't need a loud exhaust on my vehicle. Been there, done that, got tired of the neighbour complaints. (74 Gran Torino, 351W, dual exhaust right on the edge of legal.) It was great for scaring wildlife off the highway though.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's your exhaust -
- nothing crazy. I don't need a loud exhaust on my vehicle. Been there, done that, got tired of the neighbour complaints. (74 Gran Torino, 351W, dual exhaust right on the edge of legal.) It was great for scaring wildlife off the highway though.
thanks, I couldn't hear much at all from the video, probably microphone is not directed towards the exhaust pipe but still it's quiet.
Hyundai has some sick N exhausts that would fit Santa Cruz's image, hopefully they make them available in the future.
If wouldn't care about exhaust sound if I were to get a Maverick, but SC's DCT and its super fast downshift rev matching with paddle shifter can be music to the ear

·
Registered
793 Posts
also, drive shaft looking beefy that's a good sign.
Agree... and I'd love some more underbody pictures to get a better idea of the engineering.

I'm fine with it being quiet. In fact one of my complaints with my current truck is how loud it is at idle and lower speeds. Not so much the exhaust but the general roughness and roar you get from a large clutch based cooling fan. During start up and 1st gear it sounds almost like a diesel, lots of noise but not much foward motion.

Since I have C7 Z51 with a Borla exhaust and performance factory quad muffler along with rev-matching downshifts I've got my V8 rumble and pop whenever I want it :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would prefer it being quiet. I admit when had stick and dropped the muffler, loved the roar be it usually small engines. Louder exhaust was best when rolling your own. Haven't gotten the knack of automatic quick shifts. Thanks for the under photos. I find nosy trucks to be disappointing - always expecting a hot car. Just not a truck guy at all.

·
Registered
221 Posts
thanks, I couldn't hear much at all from the video, probably microphone is not directed towards the exhaust pipe but still it's quiet.
Hyundai has some sick N exhausts that would fit Santa Cruz's image, hopefully they make them available in the future.
If wouldn't care about exhaust sound if I were to get a Maverick, but SC's DCT and its super fast downshift rev matching with paddle shifter can be music to the ear
For me, based on appearance, there's nothing that makes me think it should have a loud exhaust, it's far from aggressive looking. Maybe if they come out w/ an N version. That being said, I'm sure there will be aftermarket options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts