Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. I picked up my Hampton Gray Limited on Saturday! So far, it’s everything I hoped for and more. Very quiet inside. I traded in a 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk and the Santa Cruz ride is not as plush but much more responsive. The perfect balance. I can’t get a hitch yet but was able to load my KTM in the bed. Going out tomorrow to ride. Had to remove the tonneau. Not too hard, 6 bolts and help lifting it out. I’m gonna have to get used to finger prints on the touchscreen. Much more sophisticated tech than I’ll ever use. Most of the operating safety features operate in the background warning automatically you when there is an issue which is nice. Unobtrusive. Bose is very good, not great. Lacks the crisp highs but otherwise crystal clear with good mid and base.

·
Registered
509 Posts
How much does the complete tonneau assmbly weigh? Specifically, could one person do it alone or does it require three or four hands?

Reactions: FFEMT6

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing! I'm waiting to see if anyone hauls an atv in the SC. It'd be great if you record a video of removing and reinstalling the tonneau cover - I'm sure tons in the forum would find it very informative.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much does the complete tonneau assmbly weigh? Specifically, could one person do it alone or does it require three or four hands?
It would be really hard for one person. Weight about 40 lbs.? But very awkward. I suppose if you fully disassemble it (take off side rails from roll up part) one person could do it. Just quite a bit more work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, thanks for sharing! I'm waiting to see if anyone hauls an atv in the SC. It'd be great if you record a video of removing and reinstalling the tonneau cover - I'm sure tons in the forum would find it very informative.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ok. I think I can do that. Gonna have to wait til I get the hitch 😉

·
Registered
34 Posts
Post a side on picture with the bike in the bed?

Also, how are your headlight? Any nics? Curious about the surface material the lenses are made of and them being lower to the ground?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Also, how are your headlight? Any nics? Curious about the surface material the lenses are made of and them being lower to the ground?
I will post a few more pics with the bike tomorrow. I’ve had a few cars with the plastic fog lamps and they do pretty well. The painted plastic tends to suffer much more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

They’re not actually as low as they appear. About the same as lights on many sedans, and higher than every sports car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am assuming this wouldn't fit as nicely with the bed extender though, right? Given the wheel seems to go past where the curved extender/fence is from pics.

Also I'm sure someone would take that tonneau cover off your hands if you're not going to use it. I feel like I read somewhere (here or on the FB group?) its a pretty cost-prohibitive part from Hyundai, to the tune of several thousand dollars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am assuming this wouldn't fit as nicely with the bed extender though, right? Given the wheel seems to go past where the curved extender/fence is from pics.

Also I'm sure someone would take that tonneau cover off your hands if you're not going to use it. I feel like I read somewhere (here or on the FB group?) its a pretty cost-prohibitive part from Hyundai, to the tune of several thousand dollars.
The plan is to put the bike on a hitch rack and use the tonneau cover to protect all the gear from the elements. All I need is the hitch😉. It’s ordered, no ship date yet…..

·
Registered
22 Posts
The plan is to put the bike on a hitch rack and use the tonneau cover to protect all the gear from the elements. All I need is the hitch😉. It’s ordered, no ship date yet…..
Official hitch? Been wanting to get one myself. But I didn't even know we could order them yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My SC didn't come with a tonneau cover. I want to get one from the factory and install it myself. I might wait for a soft one to come out aftermarket that way it is easier to remove and get out of the way.

·
Registered
615 Posts

I'm not a fan of the bed extender for the SC, as it blocks the brunk, and you don't really need that kind of divider that much when the bed isn't super long to start with. I'd skip that accessory, as stuff that overhangs you can always restrain with straps instead anyway.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
859 Posts
I think the extender could be useful. With it out, makes the bed about on par with my Sierra with the tailgate up - and I can put my kayak out over that just fine. With the tailgate up on the SC, there's no way I could do it. The angle would be too steep and I'd have a good 7 feet hanging off the back. The extender would give a better angle for long items to overhang. 8 foot 2x4s, for example, would be just fine laying over the top of the bed extender, but probably wouldn't be a safe load with the tailgate up and the same boards laying over it.

Ultimately, a lot of that will come down to individual uses. Some people will find it useful, others will definitely not see any need. It is a shame they couldn't find a mounting style that would allow it to be clear of the brunk opening though.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts