Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ratcheting Cargo Keeper Bar - Keeper Ratcheting Cargo Bar-47059 - The Home Depot -- This is what is commonly known as a load lock in the trucking industry. By design It attaches to the sides of the trailer (bed in this case) and is ratcheted out to create a tight fit. It would do a great job keeping cargo from moving but in no way extends the bed.
Correct, what I meant to say is that until the bed extender is released, this combo of the keeper bar and the Husky bin acts much like when the bed extender is stored inside the bed to create a space so that things don't just get tossed around the bed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My hitch arrived today! I managed to install it by myself. I lubed the exhaust hangers and pulled them off by hand. I didn’t remove the spare but lowered it 10” or so. The muffler side bolts were the most difficult. The wire harness was very simple.I didn’t even remove the panel as instructed, I just reached behind it. It looks pretty nice. Not as good as if it was integrated in the bumper but…
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Uh oh. Started my Santa Cruz today and noticed a puff of oil smoke. Checked oil and it’s half way between full and add. It was full when I left dealer 600 miles ago. Opened the air cleaner and found the missing oil, the filter is 2/3 saturated. I’m guessing crankcase or valve cover breather blow by but why? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Uh oh. Started my Santa Cruz today and noticed a puff of oil smoke. Checked oil and it’s half way between full and add. It was full when I left dealer 600 miles ago. Opened the air cleaner and found the missing oil, the filter is 2/3 saturated. I’m guessing crankcase or valve cover breather blow by but why? Any other ideas?
🤷‍♂️ hope they are able to figure it out. It would probably be a good idea for everyone to check their oil level, and if necessary their air filter too. Good luck

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
109 Posts
Wow, that has to mean the intake is sucking oil up from the crankcase! WTF?!?! I'd get that puppy to the dealer pronto.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Wow, that has to mean the intake is sucking oil up from the crankcase! WTF?!?! I'd get that puppy to the dealer pronto.
Most common reason in new cars is poorly seated rings letting too much air by into the crankcase. It can amd hopefully will fix itself over time. Definitely calling the dealer first thing tomorrow!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Most common reason in new cars is poorly seated rings letting too much air by into the crankcase. It can amd hopefully will fix itself over time. Definitely calling the dealer first thing tomorrow!
I’m hoping this happened early in and is better now…

·
Registered
893 Posts
The wire harness was very simple.I didn’t even remove the panel as instructed, I just reached behind it.
Looking thru the instructions I was trying to figure why they say the wiring needs to be done before the hitch. Guess its not required more like recommended as the hitch could get in the way of that panel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Looking thru the instructions I was trying to figure why they say the wiring needs to be done before the hitch. Guess its not required more like recommended as the hitch could get in the way of that panel.
It definitely could be done in any order. The hitch really isn’t in the way all that much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Update: there is a seal leaking in the turbo. They’ve ordered a new turbo and gasket kit. Now, the question is: How long to get the parts!!!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
859 Posts
It happens. We had a sticking waste gate on our Equinox last winter. Kept causing overboost when I'd put my foot down to pass. Nothing like pulling out to pass, dingers start dinging, dash lights start flashing, and the display switches to a reduced power mode warning. Repeatedly. For a couple of weeks. I wasn't super impressed, but they finally fixed it when the front and rear crank seals blew out and they had to tear down the engine and replace it all. Had a loaner for a month.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
It happens. We had a sticking waste gate on our Equinox last winter. Kept causing overboost when I'd put my foot down to pass. Nothing like pulling out to pass, dingers start dinging, dash lights start flashing, and the display switches to a reduced power mode warning. Repeatedly. For a couple of weeks. I wasn't super impressed, but they finally fixed it when the front and rear crank seals blew out and they had to tear down the engine and replace it all. Had a loaner for a month.
Ouch!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts