Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Preferred w/Trend Package
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 3 months of waiting I end up calling it on the limited sage gray I order because it was still at least 3 months instill I seen it screw Canada =P and ended up going to the dealership and my dealer gave me the the choice to take a black preferred Tread! witch I'm not very upset about only thing that kind of looks funny is the halogen bulbs need to upgrade to LED so it all matches but so far after taking it for a good ride everything checks out very happy this is my first new car iv ever bought and got it lower then MSRP and 500 bucks towards new tires! didn't get any pic since it was 10 clock after getting it home

So anyone waiting in Alberta good luck to you sir its gonna be awhile

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well after 3 months of waiting I end up calling it on the limited sage gray I order because it was still at least 3 months instill I seen it screw Canada =P and ended up going to the dealership and my dealer gave me the the choice to take a black preferred Tread! witch I'm not very upset about only thing that kind of looks funny is the halogen bulbs need to upgrade to LED so it all matches but so far after taking it for a good ride everything checks out very happy this is my first new car iv ever bought and got it lower then MSRP and 500 bucks towards new tires! didn't get any pic since it was 10 clock after getting it home

So anyone waiting in Alberta good luck to you sir its gonna be awhile
Glad to hear you finally got one . 1st new car is always exciting!
So is the "Preferred " the same as the "Premium" in the States?
The waiting game is difficult when one lusts after something. But as the old adage states "something worth having is worth waiting for." I'm not sure if that applies to cars though.
Good luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear you finally got one . 1st new car is always exciting!
So is the "Preferred " the same as the "Premium" in the States?
The waiting game is difficult when one lusts after something. But as the old adage states "something worth having is worth waiting for." I'm not sure if that applies to cars though.
Good luck with your new ride.
Im not to sure how the trims work in the stats The Preferred is the base model here i got the Preferred with the Tread package witch is one trim below the limted so got everything the top of the line got other then the bigger rims and the LEDs lights and the turn signal camera's and the vented seats witch really isn't a deal breaker for me

·
Registered
353 Posts
I looked it up. Preferred is the Premium. Ultimate is the Limited. I don't understand the marketing strategy. American English and Canadian English are pretty much interchangeable. EH? But Hyundai is doin' ya dirty not offering the SEL and SE trims. You're stuck with the turbo and dual clutch configurations. I absolutely didn't want those. I only wanted the AWD with ACT pkg with the Smart cruise in Blue and Gray. I getting 2 out 4. Oh well!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I don't really get all the trim crap between the stats and Canada but I wanted the turbo cause I wanted the higher towing since I have a trailer and I'm a sucker for a turbo haha but super happy got everything I wanted the things I did miss out on the limited for the extra 8K I can live with

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea I don't really get all the trim crap between the stats and Canada but I wanted the turbo cause I wanted the higher towing since I have a trailer and I'm a sucker for a turbo haha but super happy got everything I wanted the things I did miss out on the limited for the extra 8K I can live with
Congrats on your purchase. 🎉
Lucky for you, Canada only gets the turbo version…
I didn’t realize, dealers were releasing their demo’s just yet. I asked back in September, when I placed my factory order, they mentioned they weren’t allowed to sell the demo’s…

Enjoy… 😎

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn’t realize, dealers were releasing their demo’s just yet. I asked back in September, when I placed my factory order, they mentioned they weren’t allowed to sell the demo’s…

Enjoy… 😎
As long as there a replacement "Demo" meaning a other Santa Cruz witch they had a base model they can sell the Demo

·
Registered
353 Posts
What's the problem with Naturally aspirated engines? I would think them more reliable as the vehicle gets more miles on it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What's the problem with Naturally aspirated engines? I would think them more reliable as the vehicle gets more miles on it.
Absolutely nothing… I think Canada is only expecting to sell 10% of what US will sell…
sales number too end of September in Canada is 312 SCs sold (222) in September.
the upper trim levels have a larger profit margin…

it’s unfortunate, as there should be a range of trims…

·
Registered
353 Posts
Absolutely nothing… I think Canada is only expecting to sell 10% of what US will sell…

i get it, I thought for a moment you Canadian might be Turbo Snobs : ) Numbers make sense considering there are 229 million licensed drivers in the US as opposed to 29 mill in Canada. But all trims should be available to you as well. Personally I want Canada, Mexico and the US to merge so we all can buy and have fun any bloody place we want.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Its funny because people here in Alberta want these trucks people are offering to pay 10K over MSRP just to get there hands on them the issue that I seen happen is where not getting them a fast as you guys can my dealer alone said he had 1500 pre orders and people have been waiting 3 months+ with none coming this way in till the end of dec and from what my dealer was saying people are getting annoyed and canceling because of the long que time I get there a shortage of chips but when I order my Santa Cruz I was told was no longer then 3 months and when I went in the other day it was pushed back a other 2 months and I was number 9 on the pre order list the Santa Cruz will sell very well in Canada its just we are not getting them

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Trims run like this up here:
ALL - 2.5T/DCT/AWD
Preferred - analogue gauges, cloth seats
Trend - digital gauges, leather seats, non-ventilated
Ultimate - all the things

The price gap is about $3k between each step.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Im not to sure how the trims work in the stats The Preferred is the base model here i got the Preferred with the Tread package witch is one trim below the limted so got everything the top of the line got other then the bigger rims and the LEDs lights and the turn signal camera's and the vented seats witch really isn't a deal breaker for me
Disregard - need a delete button

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Trims run like this up here:
ALL - 2.5T/DCT/AWD
Preferred - analogue gauges, cloth seats
Trend - digital gauges, leather seats, non-ventilated
Ultimate - all the things

The price gap is about $3k between each step.
I’m not gonna lye I wish I would have got my limited but we needed a other car since our got wrote off and we had to get something before the winter hit so we just sent it but still very happy with the truck haven’t got much seat time in it yet since the wife drives it but she’s loving it once I get some more seat time with it I’ll do a review on the lower trim but so far we have had good luck with it nothing feels werid so that’s a good sign! I pray we have no issues with it and she last us the next 10 years we are pumped for summer to tow our tent trailer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.