Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoo... hooo... spoke with my So-CA dealer and decided to step down to a SEL Premium, but was able to keep the Stone-Blue w/ Black. Got my VIN and detailed price sheet. With adding floor mats ($195) and bed extender ($395), out the door price is $37.4K.

Arrival date @ dealer is 9/1.

Was hoping for an earlier delivery, but a limited would have been over $40k... more than I was looking to spend.

So again.. I'm not sure what the whole reservation program provided?? Other than providing our choice to the dealer. :cautious:

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
the whole reservation is a prepaid $100 Hyundai gift card, that's about it. Some claim to have found the exact same spec of the reserved vehicle in the chosen dealership allocation. But I think it's just pure coincidence, which is quite possible consider there are so few combinations/permutations of trim and color

the dealer I contacted said Hyundai's ETA is pretty accurate, but I hope they are wrong and you get it early

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the whole reservation is a prepaid $100 Hyundai gift card, that's about it. Some claim to have found the exact same spec of the reserved vehicle in the chosen dealership allocation. But I think it's just pure coincidence, which is quite possible consider there are so few combinations/permutations of trim and color

the dealer I contacted said Hyundai's ETA is pretty accurate, but I hope they are wrong and you get it early
Thanks.. me too. :p My VIN is not in the spreadsheet, but it does have that exact SEL/ trim listed for my dealer. I had reserved a limited, but no limited with Blue are listed.

I wonder how many folks are moving down a trim level (or up) based on having to pay MSRP initally. This is the first vehicle I ever thought about paying full boat.. well, besides my Jeep Rubicon. I must be crazy... stupid... or both. 🤨

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Thanks.. me too. :p My VIN is not in the spreadsheet, but it does have that exact SEL/ trim listed for my dealer. I had reserved a limited, but no limited with Blue are listed.

I wonder how many folks are moving down a trim level (or up) based on having to pay MSRP initally. This is the first vehicle I ever thought about paying full boat.. well, besides my Jeep Rubicon. I must be crazy... stupid... or both. 🤨
Same, I'm not very good at negotiating so normally I just tell the dealer I want the average true car price, and they always try to get me to go $200 more, but I just stayed firm not 1 cent more and eventually I get the true car price and they are all below MSRP.

But this year it's so crazy that true car prices are above MSRP, but I still stay firm about only paying MSRP. So far, for SC half the dealers I contacted respectfully told me or hinted to me to go pound sand with MSRP

·
Registered
724 Posts
Whoo... hooo... spoke with my So-CA dealer and decided to step down to a SEL Premium, but was able to keep the Stone-Blue w/ Black. Got my VIN and detailed price sheet. With adding floor mats ($195) and bed extender ($395), out the door price is $37.4K.

Was hoping for an earlier delivery, but a limited would have been over $40k... more than I was looking to spend.

So again.. I'm not sure what the whole reservation program provided?? Other than providing our choice to the dealer. :cautious:
Nice! I thought you might like that one coming in. (y)

I'm seeing VIN#'s show up for a few at my dealer now, but still don't know mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts

So, hyundai built a crap ton of Santa Cruzes to cover all of the preorder deposits and then some. Obviously, at 100$, many will back out, but some will stay. The ones that back out, their vehicles will be allocated to people who decide they want something different then what they originally "ordered". This will help reduce delivery times....for some. There are still a lot of unknowns for the SC including accessories and interior color options etc. I happen to know all of the interior color options and you can find out too by calling the concierge number that was emailed to you. There is more than what you've seen or heard about thus far.
Now, there are absolutely going to be scenarios where custom builds need to happen and some will have to wait a few weeks or even a couple of months for the build. This is pretty normal with building your own vehicle vs. buying from dealer lots.
Next big question is....INCENTIVES! Should be exactly the same as the Tucson and maybe a bit more, plus whatever dealers are willing to knock off to earn your business.

·
Registered
350 Posts
So, hyundai built a crap ton of Santa Cruzes to cover all of the preorder deposits and then some. Obviously, at 100$, many will back out, but some will stay. The ones that back out, their vehicles will be allocated to people who decide they want something different then what they originally "ordered". This will help reduce delivery times....for some. There are still a lot of unknowns for the SC including accessories and interior color options etc. I happen to know all of the interior color options and you can find out too by calling the concierge number that was emailed to you. There is more than what you've seen or heard about thus far.
Now, there are absolutely going to be scenarios where custom builds need to happen and some will have to wait a few weeks or even a couple of months for the build. This is pretty normal with building your own vehicle vs. buying from dealer lots.
Next big question is....INCENTIVES! Should be exactly the same as the Tucson and maybe a bit more, plus whatever dealers are willing to knock off to earn your business.
A new model with limited availability isn't going to have the same incentives as one of their top volume models in a competitive segment.

Incentives have been released and are discussed here:

·
Registered
11 Posts
A new model with limited availability isn't going to have the same incentives as one of their top volume models in a competitive segment.

Incentives have been released and are discussed here:

I didnt say "Will be", I said "Should be". The Tucson came out merely a month or two ago and many dealers dont even have many to sell yet. And it started off with a decent lease rate and about 500$ off from Hyundai and another few hundred for being Military or First Responders. The Santa Cruz will likely have SOME incentive to encourage people to consider their truck over GM's midsized twins, the Ranger and Maverick over at Ford and I guess anyone crazy enough to buy the Ridgeline. Oh and lets not forget the Gladiator, which, in many ways is superior to all of these options but far from affordable for the masses. I get employee pricing for FCA products (yes, i know it's stellantis now) and I still cant come close to affording a Gladiator. No rebates or incentives and only the Willys and Overland Lease well enough.
The Santa Cruz will have some sort of incentives. Maybe not right out the gate, but within a month.
For me, it doesnt matter much. Im trading in my Kia Soul GT Turbo and putting 2 to 3k down. The SC SEL Premium or Limited will come in well under what I was going to spend on a gladiator or some other vehicles.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Still no VIN, just AON. But dealer told me he got a date from Hyundai, 09/27 of arrival.
That's exactly 60 days from today, too much of a coincidence. I'm don't believe it. Must be some "hard-coded" date time.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts

Hope it all works out for you. Don't allow the dealer to put a bunch of add-ons at the dealership to increase the price a couple of thousand dollars.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Hope it all works out for you. Don't allow the dealer to put a bunch of add-ons at the dealership to increase the price a couple of thousand dollars.
Exactly, so far I have been very explicit in every inquiry, stating if they agree to sell at Monroney sticker MSRP.
Monroney window sticker basically is the vehicle that the dealer received from Hyundai, they can't adulterate that by law.
If I only said I'll pay MSRP, it gives room for them to tack on additional items and technically they have MSRP too.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Premium - Phantom Black
27 Posts
I had my dealer call me and confirm as well. He sent me a copy of the sticker and I should have it within 2 weeks... can't wait!

·
Registered
509 Posts
... If I only said I'll pay MSRP, it gives room for them to tack on additional items and technically they have MSRP too.
Well, doesn't the "M" in MSRP stand for "Manufacturer's"? Not the "Dealer's" price.

Reactions: LittleBokey

·
Registered
896 Posts
Then just point to the Monroney Label (aka window sticker) - that is the factory build and MSRP. Legally the dealer can't alter this sticker, they can only create an "addendum" to it. Tell them no addendum or you walk. There are some accessories that can appear on the Monroney like floor mats, wheel locks, etc but these are official Hyundai parts and not the dealer's third daughters college fund donation disguised as "paint protection" or "VIN etching".

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked mine up in the same color and package on Friday! I love it. Came from a 2019 Lexus GX460 and many F150's and the infotainment/features, blows them all away. Yes it does not have the same off roading credentials, but I don't need that. The warranty, features and interior quality are great. The turbo motor is excellent. I do not regret it.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
I just picked mine up in the same color and package on Friday! I love it. Came from a 2019 Lexus GX460 and many F150's and the infotainment/features, blows them all away. Yes it does not have the same off roading credentials, but I don't need that. The warranty, features and interior quality are great. The turbo motor is excellent. I do not regret it.
That GX460 is a pretty nice luxury vehicle to compare the SC with. You will appreciate the increase in gas mileage on the SC and the acceleration, but the passenger area difference in the Lexus is significant. Congratulations on the SC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That GX460 is a pretty nice luxury vehicle to compare the SC with. You will appreciate the increase in gas mileage on the SC and the acceleration, but the passenger area difference in the Lexus is significant. Congratulations on the SC.
thank you, yes the passenger area difference is way different, but I knew what I was getting. Just happy to get it without dealer mark up!

·
Registered
124 Posts

Congrats. I'm really excited for you. If it's any consolation, the SEL Premium's omitted features compared to the Limited probably save a decent amount of weight, so it's probably a little quicker. Cameras, adaptive cruise, etc.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats. I'm really excited for you. If it's any consolation, the SEL Premium's omitted features compared to the Limited probably save a decent amount of weight, so it's probably a little quicker. Cameras, adaptive cruise, etc.
Thanks!! I think I can do without the automatic wipers!! For sure it is saving $$.. I can't see paying over $40k. I think the premium will be a good compromise. (y)(y)(y)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts