Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
Its sad... so until someone decides to do copy & paste this is the best place to go: en_US
Even then you still have to cross reference pricing here: Pricing is live
And check the color matrix here: Santa Cruz interior color choices
At this point Hyundai should be paying us on this forum for connecting the dots and informing their customers.
Thank you much, @JMII. Those links should be a sticky on the front page. I looked all over for the data and could not find it. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Just received the call, and an email; copied from VM:
Hi *my name is * and I'm calling you from Hyundai concierge. I'm reaching out with you regarding your interest in a Hyundai Santa Cruz with news. The pricing has been released and the vehicle will start arriving at dealerships over the next several weeks and we will be sending your information to request this dealership to coordinate with you in finding the vehicle of your choice. So you can expect to hear from them in the coming weeks. And if you are no longer interested in the vehicle, please let us know so that you could receive a refund of your deposit. You will receive an email from us that you can reply to you. Thank you, and have a good day.
Mine was personalized and they knew my dealer name, and the model I ordered, with the package I wanted. They even told me the green I requested wasn't available but the gray was headed that way and asked if it was okay with me. They let me know that it would be a couple weeks. Not sure if the concierge has dropped the ball in your case or if something has changed since I got my call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As you call tell form the post, I got the calls! The time frame was "a couple weeks". Which would be great because the inspection on my trade-in dies the end of this month!

SEL, AWD with Activity Package in Hampton Gray instead of the Sage Gray I ordered, but that was my second choice anyway. And I know there's no guarantee I will land that one, but at least they are getting closer!
Did they ask you about interior colors and options or were those just your specifications?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The two dealers I'm talking to said the vehicles headed to them have no name assigned to them and first person to put down a deposit is the person that gets it. I asked about my $100. reservation fee holding the vehicle and the one just laughed out loud. Both said give us $1,000 and we will hold for you.
Can you please share the dealer name.. they should be called out. Completely unprofessional.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Its sad... so until someone decides to do copy & paste this is the best place to go: en_US
Even then you still have to cross reference pricing here: Pricing is live
And check the color matrix here: Santa Cruz interior color choices
At this point Hyundai should be paying us on this forum for connecting the dots and informing their customers.
BTW, the dealer shared that link by email, AFTER we spoke for about 20 minutes. They answered all my questions, then to help, they added the 3 links I shared stating, "these links will provide more information, check them every few days as they will be updated as new information comes out." So some dealers care.. others don't. Ruins the fun...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Did they ask you about interior colors and options or were those just your specifications?
There was no options, they just told me that an SEL AWD with activity package in Hampton Gray is scheduled for the dealer. I ordered the Sage Gray but that is the one they are sending - basically take it or leave it. Only other scheduled for that dealer is an SEL Premium in black - no thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have been told that i got all the options in asked when i made my initial reservation. This is the first time i have been able to customize my vehicle, and am anticipating the delivery. Dealer told me they have 2 in transit and the VIN# is attached to my order!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
I have been told that i got all the options in asked when i made my initial reservation. This is the first time i have been able to customize my vehicle, and am anticipating the delivery. Dealer told me they have 2 in transit and the VIN# is attached to my order!
The selection of interior color was not even available when I placed my reservation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can you please share the dealer name.. they should be called out. Completely unprofessional.
The salesperson at each dealership was not rude, they were just telling me right now with very tight inventories, it's a sellers market. In the past I've gotten large mark downs in a buyers market. The pendulum swings both ways. If I have to have a Santa Cruz right now, I'm going to pay a premium price, or wait to see if and when the market swings to my favor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The salesperson at each dealership was not rude, they were just telling me right now with very tight inventories, it's a sellers market. In the past I've gotten large mark downs in a buyers market. The pendulum swings both ways. If I have to have a Santa Cruz right now, I'm going to pay a premium price, or wait to see if and when the market swings to my favor.
Perfect storm; a new release and shortage of new vehicles. Unless one is in desperate need of a vehicle, or has to be the first kid on their block to have one, the prudent thing will be to wait, or be prepared to get ripped by a dealer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble opening this link? I just get a “page not found” error, but I know others seem to be able to access it.
I was able to just pull it up. Yesterday it was giving me an error too... First time I've seen an actual trim vs trim comparison from Hyundai on the SC!

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
What was your conversation with the concierge like when they called you to confirm you insider interest?

There was no options listed when I reserved way back in mid April either, but when the concierge called minutes after to confirm, she verified I didn't want any options and told me there is only black interior offered with my color choice. To which I told her that is what I want and if it was gray I'd change my exterior color choice. She and I both laughed.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
The selection of interior color was not even available when I placed my reservation.
What was your conversation with the concierge like when they called you to confirm you insider interest?

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
All this talk about crazy markups and mythical over priced add-ons when not a single SC has been sold and no one has paid over MSRP to date...

List your "actual dealer names" that claim on the phone or in person that they will be marking the SC up over MSRP or "actually telling you" to your face we are adding $500 for this BS and $1,000 for that BS. Without a name, it didn't happen IMHO. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
So looking at the training trim comparison here, I noticed a few things I hadn't seen before...

The 20" wheels are only standard on the AWD Limited, the FWD (which they're not producing yet it seems) will get the 18"ers....

The HVAC control are different on the SEL vs SEL Prem vs Limited:

I assumed it was all the same until you got the larger infotainment on the Limited and it was all capacitive touch control... interested to see exactly what those all look like.

Rear A/C vents are listed as standard on the SEL Prem and Limited.... previously I've seen that was only on the Limited.

Also, has anyone seen or heard where the subwoofer in the Limited with the Bose audio is located? Does that eat up one of the under seat storage areas in the rear?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I still can’t open the dang brochure…does it say if the Premium gets the rear seat USB ports? I’ve seen Limited only elsewhere.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
I still can’t open the dang brochure…does it say if the Premium gets the rear seat USB ports? I’ve seen Limited only elsewhere.
I can see the brochure on this windows 10 computer, but not on my locked down Apple cell phone. Maybe trying another computer or reducing your security will help(?).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Copied from Hyundai Sales Training webpage for the Limited trim package. S means standard & - means not on this trim level.

Audio / Navigation / Telematics
  • 8-inch color touchscreen display audio system, AM/FM with 6 speakers and voice recognition
  • 8-inch color touchscreen display audio system, AM/FM/SiriusXM®/HD Radio® with 6 speakers and voice recognition
  • AVN 5.0 10.25-inch wide color touchscreen navigation system, AM/FM/SiriusXM®/HD Radio® with dynamic voice recognition, traffic flow and incident data, free via HD Radio™ (HERE)
    S
  • Bose® premium audio with 8 speakers including subwoofer, digital amplifier with custom equalization, Digital Signal Processing, Dynamic Speed Compensation
    S
  • Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
    S (wired)
  • Front dual USB outlets
    S
  • Second-row dual USB outlets
    S
  • Rearview monitor with dynamic parking guidelines
    S
  • Surround View Monitor
    S
  • Wireless device charging (for supported devices)
    S
  • Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with voice recognition integrated into radio
    S
  • Shark-fin design roof antenna
    S
  • Blue Link® Connected Car system
    S

81 - 100 of 112 Posts