Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We really need manufacturer direct sales model ASAP in this day and age.
Agree, I just tried to spec out a Tesla Model Y, the estimated delivery is April now. So manufacturer direct sale in the age of shortage will mean customers being put on a waitlist, which is fine for me.

It's like going to a busy restaurant that truly enforces first come first serve, I don't mind the wait as long as everyone goes through the same process.
Right now dealerships are acting like crocked receptionist in a busy restaurant who would immediately seat you if you slide a $20 bill just to have the honor being in the restaurant

· Registered
283 Posts
Agree, I just tried to spec out a Tesla Model Y, the estimated delivery is April now. So manufacturer direct sale in the age of shortage will mean customers being put on a waitlist, which is fine for me.

It's like going to a busy restaurant that truly enforces first come first serve, I don't mind the wait as long as everyone goes through the same process.
Right now dealerships are acting like crocked receptionist in a busy restaurant who would immediately seat you if you slide a $20 bill just to have the honor being in the restaurant
That reminds me; my Model Y got delivered early. Delivered right to my driveway, accepted paperwork on my phone and it unlocked remotely. Also, it came with a factory installed tow hitch with 7-Pin (1K add-on). Also, driving the Model Y makes the SC feel so sluggish. Then again, the SC was much cheaper and has a bed.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Grille

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,365 Posts
If you reserve/order a Maverick... They don't mark it up from MSRP ..If you buy a Stock unit it could be marked up... But at least you can actually order what you want in a Maverick..
But I don't care anymore :) I bought a Santa Cruz :)

· Registered
'23 Limited AWD Blue Stone
2,536 Posts
..If you buy a Stock unit it could be marked up...
I thought they weren't offering Mav's off-the-lot, they were built to order only - or has that changed?

Regardless EVERY new vehicle goes thru this cycle - big marks up when new, normal pricing once the gotta-have-it crowd is satisfied, followed by standard discounts once normal people start buying them, finally massive discounts as the model has run its course and used versions are common. The Mav will be no different. The only difference is dealers who have agreed to sell at MSRP. Same goes for the C8, dealers are happy to take your order at MSRP... but you'll be waiting 8-10 months to get one. Want one today? As in right now? Well then add $15k to the sticker. Not taking the bait? They don't care because it will be sold within a week to someone else because supply is very limited.

· Banned
265 Posts
every new vehicle doesn’t go through this cycle, people just don’t know how to negotiate anymore. I got 2k off sticker on my limited Santa Cruz when they just hit the lots. Plus all the extra stuff for free that they try and get ya for.

And yet Granger is selling everyone the Maverick for 4% under invoice. We really need manufacturer direct sales model ASAP in this day and age.
I thought they weren't offering Mav's off-the-lot, they were built to order only - or has that changed?

Regardless EVERY new vehicle goes thru this cycle - big marks up when new, normal pricing once the gotta-have-it crowd is satisfied, followed by standard discounts once normal people start buying them, finally massive discounts as the model has run its course and used versions are common. The Mav will be no different. The only difference is dealers who have agreed to sell at MSRP. Same goes for the C8, dealers are happy to take your order at MSRP... but you'll be waiting 8-10 months to get one. Want one today? As in right now? Well then add $15k to the sticker. Not taking the bait? They don't care because it will be sold within a week to someone else because supply is very limited.

· Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
290 Posts
every new vehicle doesn’t go through this cycle, people just don’t know how to negotiate anymore. I got 2k off sticker on my limited Santa Cruz when they just hit the lots. Plus all the extra stuff for free that they try and get ya for.
This varies wildly by market. I'm in the NYC area. I spoke with every dealer in NJ and downstate NY and ever single one would not budge on a markup (Sussex said they would sell at MSRP but they got almost nothing allocated). PA dealerships about 2/3 told me they would sell at MSRP but they sold almost ever vehicle as soon as the VIN was in transit to the dealer.

· Banned
265 Posts
in those markets it’s easier. I’m in Chicago, just tell them there’s a dozen other dealers I’ll call and someone will budge. Did the same thing with my g70 sport when it came out.

This varies wildly by market. I'm in the NYC area. I spoke with every dealer in NJ and downstate NY and ever single one would not budge on a markup (Sussex said they would sell at MSRP but they got almost nothing allocated). PA dealerships about 2/3 told me they would sell at MSRP but they sold almost ever vehicle as soon as the VIN was in transit to the dealer.

· Registered
569 Posts
Still don't believe this - the ONLY way you got $2k off the sticker price is if they gave $3k less than value on your trade.

· Banned
265 Posts
Still don't believe this - the ONLY way you got $2k off the sticker price is if they gave $3k less than value on your trade.
You wanna call up my salesman and ask? Ask for Saed at napleton Hyundai in Naperville Illinois. Traded in my G70 that I leased with no money down and got 39k for it. Go look up what a 2019 3.3t awd G70 sport with 19k miles is worth.

· Banned
265 Posts
My sister sold her telluride after driving it for a year, made 5 grand on it and then went and ordered another new telluride at the same price they sold her the first one for. She’s gotta wait 3 months for it, but she’s got another car to drive.

· Registered
569 Posts
You wanna call up my salesman and ask? Ask for Saed at napleton Hyundai in Naperville Illinois. Traded in my G70 that I leased with no money down and got 39k for it. Go look up what a 2019 3.3t awd G70 sport with 19k miles is worth.
Well then you're the ONLY person in the country to get a deal like that. I said in in your other thread and I'll say it here - I call B.S. There isn't a new car (especially the Santa Cruz - the fastest selling car right now) in the country now selling for less than MSRP but yet you're the one who found one. Suuuuuuuuuuure. Also not sure how you think you got trade-in value on your lease - oh yeah, they paid off your lease - then used the wholesale value as a "credit". I'm sure that "wholesale value" they told you more than made up for that $2k "discount" hey gave you. But hey, good job.

· Banned
265 Posts
I got money out of my G70 because it was worth more than what was left on the lease payments and buyout. But I still payed 2k under sticker on my Santa cruz. My Santa Cruz stickered at 40,905 and my sale price was 38,434.00 with trade in allowance, tax and title out the door.

my dealership has more cars then they know what to do with. Took my sister there to check out the palisades instead of her getting another green telluride. They had 22 palisades on the lot. They got half a dozen Santa cruzs sitting there too. Napleton is the biggest Hyundai dealer in Chicagoland now I believe. I think family used to have that title but they took it. Dealerships like that make more on volume then they do anything else.

Well then you're the ONLY person in the country to get a deal like that. I said in in your other thread and I'll say it here - I call B.S. There isn't a new car (especially the Santa Cruz - the fastest selling car right now) in the country now selling for less than MSRP but yet you're the one who found one. Suuuuuuuuuuure. Also not sure how you think you got trade-in value on your lease - oh yeah, they paid off your lease - then used the wholesale value as a "credit". I'm sure that "wholesale value" they told you more than made up for that $2k "discount" hey gave you. But hey, good job.

· Banned
265 Posts
And just to be clear, I didn’t find anything. I first went to Pugi where I bought my genesis from and they gave me a good price. Then I went to napleton and they beat it. I’m sorry you don’t know how to car shop like me, I grew up on a car dealership lot so I have the experience and know the ins and outs… when I bought my genesis I visited 6 dealerships before I got the deal I wanted. With the lease my G70 would have cost me just over 46k to buy it out and it stickered at 52k. Just gotta know how to shop my friend. Don’t be afraid to walk away, they want the sale more then you do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.