Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We really need manufacturer direct sales model ASAP in this day and age.
Agree, I just tried to spec out a Tesla Model Y, the estimated delivery is April now. So manufacturer direct sale in the age of shortage will mean customers being put on a waitlist, which is fine for me.

It's like going to a busy restaurant that truly enforces first come first serve, I don't mind the wait as long as everyone goes through the same process.
Right now dealerships are acting like crocked receptionist in a busy restaurant who would immediately seat you if you slide a $20 bill just to have the honor being in the restaurant

·
Registered
161 Posts
Agree, I just tried to spec out a Tesla Model Y, the estimated delivery is April now. So manufacturer direct sale in the age of shortage will mean customers being put on a waitlist, which is fine for me.

It's like going to a busy restaurant that truly enforces first come first serve, I don't mind the wait as long as everyone goes through the same process.
Right now dealerships are acting like crocked receptionist in a busy restaurant who would immediately seat you if you slide a $20 bill just to have the honor being in the restaurant
That reminds me; my Model Y got delivered early. Delivered right to my driveway, accepted paperwork on my phone and it unlocked remotely. Also, it came with a factory installed tow hitch with 7-Pin (1K add-on). Also, driving the Model Y makes the SC feel so sluggish. Then again, the SC was much cheaper and has a bed.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Grille

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you reserve/order a Maverick... They don't mark it up from MSRP ..If you buy a Stock unit it could be marked up... But at least you can actually order what you want in a Maverick..
But I don't care anymore :) I bought a Santa Cruz :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stop paying above sticker for normal cars 🤦🏻‍♂️ I can see paying extra for a limited model that will be worth something down the road, but this trend of paying over sticker for basic cars kills me…

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
..If you buy a Stock unit it could be marked up...
I thought they weren't offering Mav's off-the-lot, they were built to order only - or has that changed?

Regardless EVERY new vehicle goes thru this cycle - big marks up when new, normal pricing once the gotta-have-it crowd is satisfied, followed by standard discounts once normal people start buying them, finally massive discounts as the model has run its course and used versions are common. The Mav will be no different. The only difference is dealers who have agreed to sell at MSRP. Same goes for the C8, dealers are happy to take your order at MSRP... but you'll be waiting 8-10 months to get one. Want one today? As in right now? Well then add $15k to the sticker. Not taking the bait? They don't care because it will be sold within a week to someone else because supply is very limited.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Not sure about in the US, but there is Maverick stock on local lots in my neck of the woods. Notably ALL EcoBooms, no hybrids.

·
Registered
84 Posts
every new vehicle doesn’t go through this cycle, people just don’t know how to negotiate anymore. I got 2k off sticker on my limited Santa Cruz when they just hit the lots. Plus all the extra stuff for free that they try and get ya for.

And yet Granger is selling everyone the Maverick for 4% under invoice. We really need manufacturer direct sales model ASAP in this day and age.
I thought they weren't offering Mav's off-the-lot, they were built to order only - or has that changed?

Regardless EVERY new vehicle goes thru this cycle - big marks up when new, normal pricing once the gotta-have-it crowd is satisfied, followed by standard discounts once normal people start buying them, finally massive discounts as the model has run its course and used versions are common. The Mav will be no different. The only difference is dealers who have agreed to sell at MSRP. Same goes for the C8, dealers are happy to take your order at MSRP... but you'll be waiting 8-10 months to get one. Want one today? As in right now? Well then add $15k to the sticker. Not taking the bait? They don't care because it will be sold within a week to someone else because supply is very limited.

·
Registered
166 Posts
every new vehicle doesn’t go through this cycle, people just don’t know how to negotiate anymore. I got 2k off sticker on my limited Santa Cruz when they just hit the lots. Plus all the extra stuff for free that they try and get ya for.
This varies wildly by market. I'm in the NYC area. I spoke with every dealer in NJ and downstate NY and ever single one would not budge on a markup (Sussex said they would sell at MSRP but they got almost nothing allocated). PA dealerships about 2/3 told me they would sell at MSRP but they sold almost ever vehicle as soon as the VIN was in transit to the dealer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
in those markets it’s easier. I’m in Chicago, just tell them there’s a dozen other dealers I’ll call and someone will budge. Did the same thing with my g70 sport when it came out.

This varies wildly by market. I'm in the NYC area. I spoke with every dealer in NJ and downstate NY and ever single one would not budge on a markup (Sussex said they would sell at MSRP but they got almost nothing allocated). PA dealerships about 2/3 told me they would sell at MSRP but they sold almost ever vehicle as soon as the VIN was in transit to the dealer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My father had car dealerships years ago before selling and going into the environmental/demolition business. No Jedi mind tricks 🤣😂 👍 good one though I like that.

This must be the exception the proves the rule. Or maybe your a Jedi and can control the weak minded.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts