Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found an aftermarket TPMS sensor that works? Hyundai wants $420 a set of the OEM ones on the Santa Cruz, which is the most expensive TPMS sensors I have ever purchased. I thought the Bluetooth ones for my Tesla were pricey at $75 each, but at $105 each, that's nuts. I'm thinking the ones from last year's Santa Fe or Tucson will work, but has anyone confirmed?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Has anyone found an aftermarket TPMS sensor that works? Hyundai wants $420 a set of the OEM ones on the Santa Cruz, which is the most expensive TPMS sensors I have ever purchased. I thought the Bluetooth ones for my Tesla were pricey at $75 each, but at $105 each, that's nuts. I'm thinking the ones from last year's Santa Fe or Tucson will work, but has anyone confirmed?
I thought that TPMS was standard on all Santa Cruz trim levels, or am I misunderstanding what you need/want to do, maybe wheel change or something?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that TPMS was standard on all Santa Cruz trim levels, or am I misunderstanding what you need/want to do?
Yes, it would be the same for all Santa Cruz trim levels. I’m wanting to buy aftermarket for half the price and need to know if Hyundai is using same TPMS in Santa Cruz as they use in one or all of their other vehicles, so I could just order an aftermarket set of those…ie Santa Fe or Tucson.

·
Registered
Limited
230 Posts
Discount Tire shows several for the Limited I searched for. They all were about $60 each. Google shopping showed the same part number(s) for anywhere from $40-$55 (steel version valve stem).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Discount Tire shows several for the Limited I searched for. They all were about $60 each. Google shopping showed the same part number(s) for anywhere from $40-$55 (steel version valve stem).
That’s is weird that they show 20 in stock at my location, because my guy said they don’t have any and don’t expect them for another month or so.

·
Registered
Limited
230 Posts
New models, a lack of technical specs, and a lack of knowledge are probably the issues.

In a worst-case scenario, you can have them pull one out of your tire to get the information off the TPMS. Then they should have no problem getting you new aftermarket sensors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You might ask Hyundai USA customer service (Contact Us | MyHyundai) for the TPMS specs. Then compare with the 2022 Santa Fe on TPMS.com. I've bought from them before with no issues since they sell OEM manufactured and aftermarket. They are probably the same for most if not all Hyundai products. TPMS.com only has the Santa Fe and Palasades listed right now.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,278 Posts
My tire shop couldn't pull the TPMS data from mine, it's not in their system yet. They even tried using a '22 Tucson to get codes and no luck. So we pulled my sensors out of the factory wheels for my winters. Hopefully they'll have programming for it by spring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My tire shop couldn't pull the TPMS data from mine, it's not in their system yet. They even tried using a '22 Tucson to get codes and no luck. So we pulled my sensors out of the factory wheels for my winters. Hopefully they'll have programming for it by spring.
Same thing happened to me regarding TPMS sensors. They pulled the OEM sensors and put them into the my aftermarket wheels. Hopefully in the spring, they will have sensor programming data. The same thing might need to happen on my wife’s ‘22 Tucson with her aftermarket wheels. The TPMS sensors were ’programmed’ when we left but after a bit of driving, the sensors are not registering with the car.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,331 Posts
Has the aftermarket TPMS sensor issue issue been solved yet?

El Santa Cruzo got a new set of hiking boots that I'm hoping to mount up next week.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
33 Posts
This thread indicates that they were able to get the TPMS sensors from the Sonata to work:

Part number is 52940L1100. I ordered a set but unfortunately, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get them installed and find out if they work.

@HSC4ME: Which rims did you get? Those look nice.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
@HSC4ME: Which rims did you get? Those look nice.
Black Friday or sale special Circuit CP33's at only $145 delivered.
Product Font Material property Circle Gas

The "Full Flat Bronze" is more like a slightly bronzed parkerizing; not as gray as firearm parkerizing, but clearly not what I think of when I visualize bronze. I believe I got the last full set from Circuit Performance in Valencia CA. They weighed in right at the advertised weight of 24lbs.

I like wheels with smooth edges that are easy to clean. I had ordered a set of Touren TR74's in Matte Gold, but they are backordered with no real estimate of when that will change. Touren does have the Matte Black TR74's in stock. That is another rim with smooth rounded edges, looks nice and should be easy to clean.

Thanks for the TPMS link! Ordered... Now about $52 on eBay and local. (y)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Got the dealer to install a new set of TPMS on my winter's- this past Saturday morning. Not sure where the $400 for the set comes from (perhaps - early on)

Cost me $174 (CDN) at the dealer-installed on to existing (had to take wheels off the SC and winter set of the rims) and programmed (not sure if it was required)
In most places I called or online, we're charging $50 to $60 per and no way of knowing if they would program it. (if installed at the same time as the winters to the rim.)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Has anyone tried any of these methods of Resetting Your Tire Pressure Light on new aftermarket TPMS to see if it will read them automatically? I suspect these methods are just for TPMS already programmed into your car.

I mounted my new AT tires up with new eBay 52940-L1100 TPMS. No light came on immediately. I took a 10 minute over 50mph freeway test drive after torquing the lug nuts up. Never came on during that whole freeway drive. A few minutes off the freeway back on side streets the TPMS warning finally came on. Initially it was flashing then went to solid on. I'm back home now and may try the other methods listed tomorrow just to see if it can pick them up automatically somehow. My best guess is that because they are new, their individual ID's will have to be "programmed" into my SC for it to start reading them. But you never know if the "new tech" is smarter than the "old tech" with each passing year...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the dealer to install a new set of TPMS on my winter's- this past Saturday morning. Not sure where the $400 for the set comes from (perhaps - early on)

Cost me $174 (CDN) at the dealer-installed on to existing (had to take wheels off the SC and winter set of the rims) and programmed (not sure if it was required)
In most places I called or online, we're charging $50 to $60 per and no way of knowing if they would program it. (if installed at the same time as the winters to the rim.)

Can I know which dealership you have your tpms installed. My tire guy couldn't program aftermarket sensor.
Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
Can I know which dealership you have your tpms installed. My tire guy couldn't program aftermarket sensor.
Thanks
I don't have the aftermarket TPMS - I got the OEM from the dealer and they installed it - Newmarket Hyundai

Also, I don’t think the programming information is generally available to the aftermarket installers, as couple members here has posted.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
371 Posts
I don't have the aftermarket TPMS - I got the OEM from the dealer and they installed it - Newmarket Hyundai

Also, I don’t think the programming information is generally available to the aftermarket installers, as couple members here has posted.
After Market software support such as Bar Tec has not been updated - So it looks like your dealer is the spot, if you trust them to send the kid out back, re and re your tires and torque up the bolts
Product Font Automotive tire Auto part Household hardware

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
After Market software support such as Bar Tec has not been updated...
Any idea when they will push an update through?

My AT tire mounter showed me his TPMS device and it listed 2022 Tucson and Palisade, but not the Santa Cruz yet. Do you think using the 2022 Palisade would work?

I've been hoping one of the many "reset" methods would automatically pick up the new aftermarket 433Mhz TPMS, but no luck yet. I know once the software for TPMS devices get updated they can easily program them, but maybe the Palisade or Tucson software will work now (?).

Someone mentioned they got the 52940-L1100 to work, but not how they did it...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts