Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
261 - 280 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
About 3:00 this afternoon, I was stuck two cars behind a sage gray heading west on NC-42 (passing over I-40). Couldn't catch up before it turned north onto Cleveland Rd.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts
So odd: saw 2 today; both within a few blocks and a few minutes of each other.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've seen only one Santa Cruz in the wild. It was on a 1700 mile round trip to North Topsail Beach, North Carolina, and I honked like a fool...much to my wife's displeasure. I just said "you don't get it." They should be nicknamed SR for super rare. LOL

The first pic was the day I brought her home on March 28th, 2022. The second was after we arrived at the beach house writing retreat on April 28th. It was a great road trip and she was a dream to drive through the West Virginia mountains.

BTW: her name is Rocc (short for Roccotári), named after a telepathic, white, elven steed "NOT A HORSE!" from my most recent book. She insists she isn't a horse through the entire novel...and at the end they find out she's right. SC isn't a truck, but also isn't a car. It's unique, fast, powerful, and gorgeous.
Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire

Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Font Automotive tire

Story excerpts about Rocc:

Careful, Rocc called out as she approached the warm glow from where she’d been quenching her thirst at the trough. We wouldn’t want a repeat of what you did the last time you stood too near a large fire. Unless she was speaking to just one person, Rocc always made sure everyone could hear her in their head.

“What happened last time?” Aderri asked.

The steed moved into the firelight, and the flames painted shadows across her dappled silver coat. It was the dead of winter and Prince Chaveet had hired us—

“Me. He hired me because you’re a horse.”

Rocc continued as if she hadn’t just been interrupted. Hired us to take a small chest from his palace in Obita to a fortress in the middle of nowhere.

Ellys turned her attention to Aderri. “Sorry about the honey. My temper nearly overtook me for a candle drop back there, and I struggled to find a solution that would allow me to keep the balance.”

“I for one thought it was brilliant, and I’ll gladly pay for two jars when we restock supplies on the way out of Pata.” Aderri wandered closer to Rocc as well. “I’m sorry you had to put up with such unwanted attentions. Is there anything I can do?”

There is nothing that needs done, truly. Though I cherish you for asking. Thank you, cara. Rocc paused for a candle drop then addressed them both. Can you believe that elf-trash called me a beautiful example of horse flesh? That makes me so angry I could go back and kick him again. She gave a little stomp, mid-plod, and snorted. I am not a horse.

Aderri reached out and stroked her neck. “Of course you’re not, darling. You are a beautiful lady, and shame on anyone for not seeing it.”

Ellys smiled at the interaction but kept her thoughts and her words to herself. Instead, she worked to dissipate the rage she felt for her best friend’s mistreatment. Vengeance was not allowed when you followed Toroc’s path.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Foothill Ranch, CA: Stone Blue running down Portola... a mirror of my SC.
I'm seeing more and more Ford Mavericks here in SoCal lately. A couple of them are already decked out for overlanding with racks and roof top tents. SC's are still a rare bird. Only 3 spotted so far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have seen one SC on I-75 in Macon GA and have not seen a Maverick on the road yet.

Two days ago the local Hyundai dealer didn't have a SC, drove by today and they do have one. Doesn't matter, no way I will do any business with that dealership.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drove to Mount Rushmore and back from San Diego and never saw another one on the road. Got lots of looks and several people wanted a closer look, one lady had to take a picture.... lol. The only other one I've seen here close to me by Imperial Beach is a white one a block from my house.

·
Registered
109 Posts
besides the two blue ones that a couple was picking up at the same time I was getting mine (I keep seeing one at Home Depot. Maybe we should get the three of us together there at the same time and really make people wonder!), yesterday I saw a grey one at a local gas station.
I have yet to see a Maverick.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
481 Posts
I saw a white one yesterday that looked familiar - it has a black cargo carrier on top. Haven't I seen your truck on here?

Anyway, whoever you are, I walked past you on Whitney in the DFW Mid-Cities. ;)

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
430 Posts
I passed three on my trip home from the dealership where I bought my SC in Tupelo, MS.

All three were south of Memphis in TN or northwest MS. Other than that, I haven't seen a single one close to home, here in Missouri.

I get plenty of weird looks and random questions at the gas pump.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I drove to Mount Rushmore and back from San Diego and never saw another one on the road. Got lots of looks and several people wanted a closer look, one lady had to take a picture.... lol. The only other one I've seen here close to me by Imperial Beach is a white one a block from my house.
You're the second SC to see Mount Rushmore! Stopped there for the first time in my life on the way home from purchase. I got the same reactions at all my stops. Lots of questions, lookie-loo's and pictures. Even a few that said they are going to buy one.

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited, Black
141 Posts
Since I first became aware of the SC last year, I have only to seen three, ever (the one I test drove last year, the one I bought, and the one on sale at the dealership last week).
Still waiting to see one in the wild.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD 🛻 Hampton Grey
6 Posts
Other than the white one that landed in our driveway last Thursday, I have not seen one yet. And I LIVE in Santa Cruz. My boss says that he has seen one in Redwood City in the Bay Area.
I live in Staten Island NY and saw only two others. Haven’t seen any commercials on TV yet either.

·
Registered
Ice White SEL 2.5 AWD non turbo w/activity package
47 Posts
So since I've had mine (January) I've seen exactly 3 through my first 7,500 miles. Then leaving work yesterday I see one behind me on the highway. I slow up to get next to him and the dude doesn't even look over. Then today, on a seven mile ride home from a ballgame, I see two in a matter of 3 miles. Both coming at me in the opposite direction. I waved at both but didn't see if they even noticed.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
244 Posts
Saw another white one last night.

I was waiting at a stop light to make a left turn from Westbound Inwood Road just east of Harry Hines, when I saw the distinctive DRLs of a Santa Cruz heading Eastbound. I flashed my lights at him, and the old guy gave me a quizzical look as he passed by.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Saw another white one last night.

I was waiting at a stop light to make a left turn from Westbound Inwood Road just east of Harry Hines, when I saw the distinctive DRLs of a Santa Cruz heading Eastbound. I flashed my lights at him, and the old guy gave me a quizzical look as he passed by.
I am now at 11.5K miles in Central FL. Just saw the second one ever, white, in Orlando. Have had mine since Oct. They are just not out there and still turn heads.

261 - 280 of 298 Posts