Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
430 Posts
Just saw two today on I-44 between Fort Leonard Wood and Lebanon, MO.
Bluestone limited close to Sleeper, MO headed west and a Sage SEL headed east close to Buckhorn.

Y’all on here?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Makes me wonder why they were so quick to discontinue the color.
Based on sales figures nobody was buying it. What is more perplexing is they announced the color was being canceled very soon after production started. So I wonder if they had a problem with either a) sourcing / mixing the paint or b) applying this color. Maybe due to limited build capacity they immediately realized having an extra color was just slowing down production.

Only 808 Sand colored SC have been produced out the 26,305 made to date. And yet the very first in person SC I saw was Sand... so go figure.

I've seen 2 or 3 more since my last report. I'd say at this point I've as many SCs as C8s.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Based on sales figures nobody was buying it. What is more perplexing is they announced the color was being canceled very soon after production started. So I wonder if they had a problem with either a) sourcing / mixing the paint or b) applying this color. Maybe due to limited build capacity they immediately realized having an extra color was just slowing down production.
Only 808 Sand colored SC have been produced out the 26,305 made to date. And yet the very first in person SC I saw was Sand... so go figure.
I've seen 2 or 3 more since my last report. I'd say at this point I've as many SCs as C8s.
I don't know how anyone could say that any color wasn't selling. No SC stays on the lot for more than a week or so from what I've seen, especially since it became known that they were out there.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
405 Posts
Eureka! Six months and ten days after getting my Cruz, I finally saw another one on the road today. We were driving southbound from Colorado Springs on Highway 115 and I saw what I thought were the DRL's of a Tucson coming towards us. As they got closer, I saw it was actually a Hampton Grey Santa Cruz, heading northbound. I could make out the tonneau cover as it passed. Unfortunately, I had no time to lower my window and give a wave before it passed us. The drought is over. 🤙 :D

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
349 Posts
I have had my SC since Oct 2021 and still haven't seen another one in the wild. A friend said since he's seen mine, he has seen several. 😒

I did, however, see my second Mav on the road. Still not impressed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was fortunate to snag the first SC in Pittsburgh (Phantom Black SEL AWD) and last week driving thru residential area here saw a Blue Stone in a driveway. (My wife wanted blue initially but seeing its hue on a cloudy day she was glad we got black. Nothing against the blue, for all SCs should be loved equally without favoritism.)
Ive seen an all black SEL in the Pittsburgh Economy area and I have a Sage Green SEL in the area. There is a Blue Stone in Mt Lebanin that I have seen in someones driveway. Havent seen any others except for the Pavestone rep at home depot.

I had a guy in an Audi SUV pull in next to me to investigate...lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not taking about at a dealership sitting on the lot (rare enough) but just another random owner driving by?

Today I saw an Accelerate Yellow (that highlighter maker color) convertible C8 in a parking lot and was reminded how rare spotting one in the wild still is nearly two years after the launch. When my wife had her super rare Volvo C30 I could count on one hand how many I encountered in traffic.
Yes several. I saw one being used as a contractor vehicle. I saw 2 just hitting the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had a black/black limited pull up at a red light next to me today, gave each other an appropriate salute indicating our mutual good taste. First I've seen on the road as yet, visually confirmed that driver also would easily qualify for AARP :)
[/QUOTE
I resemble that remark 🤪
Had a black/black limited pull up at a red light next to me today, gave each other an appropriate salute indicating our mutual good taste. First I've seen on the road as yet, visually confirmed that driver also would easily qualify for AARP :)
I remake
I resemble that remark

281 - 298 of 298 Posts