Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
... At highway speeds, there was no chance to wave at each other.
And a wave probably wouldn't be seen, anyway. But, you can pull back on the turn-signal/headlight stalk to flash the headlights. The other SC's driver will surely be staring at your DRLs as you close and pass.

We could even make that the 'Official SantaCruzFoums Top-Secret Handshake for Recognition at Highway Speeds' -- a quick double-flash of the headlights.

Reactions: SCinNJ

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
260 Posts
And a wave probably wouldn't be seen, anyway. But, you can pull back on the turn-signal/headlight stalk to flash the headlights. The other SC's driver will surely be staring at your DRLs as you close and pass.

We could even make that the 'Official SantaCruzFoums Top-Secret Handshake for Recognition at Highway Speeds' -- a quick double-flash of the headlights.
Yeah, I flashed my high beams at a local Santa Cruz in town a few months back, the other driver looked confused when I did so.

The main reason I didn't flash them during the trip is I didn't want people to think there was a cop up the road.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yeah, I flashed my high beams at a local Santa Cruz in town a few months back, the other driver looked confused when I did so. ...
Ahhh, but a forum member would recognize our 'secret handshake' and reply in kind. Why, it might even turn into a 'blink-fest!'
The main reason I didn't flash them during the trip is I didn't want people to think there was a cop up the road.
Were you afraid they might slow down for a little while? :D

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
Had my first night time sighting last week, was almost tricked into thinking it was yet another Tuscon (I see 5 of those a day easy) but was a SC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Someone about 0.5 mile from my house owns one and it's on a road I drive down pretty regularly. Felt like it was taunting me during the 2 weeks it took between putting a deposit down and taking delivery of mine (just picked it up Saturday, White Limited).

·
Registered
2022 Black SEL Premium AWD
59 Posts
Saw a Sage colored one at Gilbert Fire Places and BBQ off S Gilbert here in AZ. It also had some rails on the truck, likely the same one I saw about two weeks ago off Ray/S Val Vista hauling a big box in the back.

·
Registered
2022 Stone Blue SEL AWD
88 Posts
Had seen several in about two months,8/10, then none for a couple of months. Saw a Sage one Thursday at the at the golf course in Hampstead, NC.As high as gas is getting we don't get off the Island as much as we used to, thank you Joe.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz 22' SEL AWD w/ Activity Package (Hampton Gray)
135 Posts
I finally saw another SC. The first time since owning it Since April 2022… so 3 months. I was pulling into a bowling alley and it was parked out front of the restaurant next door. Black with some swirly decals on the doors and what appeared to be a Hawaiian design on the back.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
517 Posts
I'm seeing SC's more and more. Today I drove to Colorado Springs and saw three of them.
I saw a white one on Hwy 50 near Canon City. I saw a blue one and and a grey one Hwy 115 south of Colorado Springs. I had no time to lower my window and give them a 🤙 so I flashed my headlights with no reply.

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
134 Posts
While driving down one of our local streets that I noticed another SC sitting in a driveway. What made me look twice and eventually stop was the color was Mojave Sand, the same color as mine. I talked with the owner for a few minutes, and she said they are thrilled with the SC. Not on the forum, but I did recommend it for some great information. Two Mojave Sand Santa Cruz in the same town, hard to imagine with so few built.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not taking about at a dealership sitting on the lot (rare enough) but just another random owner driving by?

Today I saw an Accelerate Yellow (that highlighter maker color) convertible C8 in a parking lot and was reminded how rare spotting one in the wild still is nearly two years after the launch. When my wife had her super rare Volvo C30 I could count on one hand how many I encountered in traffic.
I've seen VERY few in Illinois, and they were all before I moved from Bloomington(which is a good sized city) to Galesburg(which is fairly small). As far as I know, I've got the only one around here.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
517 Posts
It looks like my SC is not the only one in my small town any more. I went to the bank today and saw this black SE parked in the employee parking lot so I parked beside it for a quick picture.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,816 Posts
Spotted a white SC in the Bolsa Chica beach parking lot today right next to the boardwalk. Caught me off guard as I went by. Told myself I would grab a photo of the way back, because it had a full mountain scene in black graphics on it. I couldn't tell as I went by if it was a business or advertising graphic, but what I saw looked really good.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
260 Posts
Saw two of them Sunday afternoon in South Irving, within a block of each other.

I was heading west on Rock Island, between O'Connor and Sowers. My wife pointed out a Blue Stone heading east, and I saw a Hampton Gray about a half-block behind it.

341 - 360 of 372 Posts