Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
None in Knoxville yet either. I am sure it will happen any day now though, since my local dealer has sold a few already.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The "Central NC Santa Cruz & Barbershop Quartet" is almost ready to ride! (...as soon as one of their members finally gets a ride.)

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
48 Posts
None in Buffalo NY, but when I drove down to Atlanta to pick mine up I saw one as I was entering the Atlanta area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last Saturday I spotted another blue stone SC parked in the same lot in the Portola area of Irvine. "Hello" if that was anyone here. It was really cool to see another blue one and I wish I could have parked next to it.

And I saw a pre production model on the freeway near Anaheim back in June. :)

·
Registered
Black Limited
178 Posts
Thought I saw one here in Omaha because of the grill... but when it passed by it was a Tucson. Have seen a couple on dealers lots but not on the road yet.
Was going to go to a big regional car show last weekend called "The Last Fling Til Spring" but didn't want people slobbering all over it.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,002 Posts
I keep looking for you brother... other than the one near me, I have not seen a single SC on the 5, 405, 91 or 240/260 or the 133. :D
Today I was at ACI Jet at SNA...from Cardiff by the Sea...see you on the 73 soon my friend!
Made a trek from the Disneyland area to the Mission Viejo Mall the other day on the 5fwy during afternoon rush hour. I thought for sure I'd see at least one SC on that trip through South County. Not a one. I did see several brand new with temporary license plate: Tacoma's, Telluride's and Pathfinder's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Haven’t seen another on the road, but the local dealer has a Limited in blue stone just like mine sitting out front. Went in to chat with them about how much I like mine, found out that this is their first Limited but their fourth SC so far. None have remained on the lot more than a day or two.

·
Registered
2022 Black Hybrid Limited Tucson
72 Posts
Have YET to see one on a dealer lot NOR on any road i have travelled. If NOT for this forum, i'd think it was a vehicle i had a dream about!
Hair Head Eye Cartoon Happy

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have seen three. One in the morning at 5am, still dark being trailed with two camo'd suv's. (southbound I-75) The second in the afternoon Blue, On Colonial Blvd, Ft. Myers 3pm. The last one at FGCU buy Miramar, White, Limited, 11am. They are statement vehicles with their cool lighting and style. But they are PRICEY. Was hoping they would be a lot cheaper for the AWD Turbo. We will see, I haven't heard from Hyundai about the Santa Cruz I reserved. I did hear from ford about the Maverick Lariat FX4 I ordered. Build Date Nov. 1st. 2021. If I don't like the Maverick I will not buy it. I will not pay a premium price either for ANY vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Black Hybrid Limited Tucson
72 Posts
I have seen three. One in the morning at 5am, still dark being trailed with two camo'd suv's. (southbound I-75) The second in the afternoon Blue, On Colonial Blvd, Ft. Myers 3pm. The last one at FGCU buy Miramar, White, Limited, 11am. They are statement vehicles with their cool lighting and style. But they are PRICEY. Was hoping they would be a lot cheaper for the AWD Turbo. We will see, I haven't heard from Hyundai about the Santa Cruz I reserved. I did hear from ford about the Maverick Lariat FX4 I ordered. Build Date Nov. 1st. 2021. If I don't like the Maverick I will not buy it. I will not pay a premium price either for ANY vehicle.
I also was so thinking it'd come in at around 37 MAX, and HOPING for around 35. 41K PLUS dealer markup was not my even in my realm of thinking when it came to pricing, so UNLESS they come way DOWN or my thinking goes way UP, i'll not be getting one any time soon : (

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't understand why everyone thinks the price of the SC should be so much lower than it's MSRP is priced at. A fully loaded AWD Turbo Limited is only about $3k more than a comparable Tucson from what I could calculate. To me, that seems reasonable given the added functionality that the truck bed provides over a standard hatch, otherwise, what would be the point of buying a SC over a Tucson in the first place. $3K doesn't seem like an unreasonable price difference. I think people have expected too much.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I don't understand why everyone thinks the price of the SC should be so much lower than it's MSRP is priced at.
Part is because you actually get more in the Tucson, dollar for dollar, if you start digging into specifics.

Part is because traditionally pickups had inflated MSRPs which was no problem nobody paid that. Our Ram 1500 Crew Cab RWD 5.7L loaded w/ heated ventilated leather seats power driver and passenger, cameras, sensors, sat radio, sport package, Rambox system, bed mat, tow package, you name it was MSRP'd for $41K and we got it I believe out the door for right around $30K after haggling. Granted, adjusted for inflation that is $38K now which is also something to remember.

Fact is, doesn't matter, SCs are the fastest selling vehicle and the market is what it is. Sometimes its a buyer's market, sometimes a sellers.

What's a bummer to me is that national inventory of base SE models seems to be non-existent.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts