Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
I saw my first TRX yesterday. All black, could barely make out the decals on it. Only the hood really gives it away. To the average driver passing by, it's just another Ram. My little SC turns more heads and I can buy two Ultimate/Limiteds for the base price of a TRX. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, and it was a one in a million chance, well not that high. We were in the process of buying the fifth one to make it to the Huntsville AL dealer. We were out on our test drive and on the way back to the dealer we pulled up at a redlight immediately behind another one just like ours, stone blue. It was from another city. We saw that as an omen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Recently drove to the northeast from Florida and back and saw none. Got home and saw a SC SE in sage one mile from my house!

·
Registered
2022 Black Hybrid Limited Tucson
72 Posts
I don't understand why everyone thinks the price of the SC should be so much lower than it's MSRP is priced at. A fully loaded AWD Turbo Limited is only about $3k more than a comparable Tucson from what I could calculate. To me, that seems reasonable given the added functionality that the truck bed provides over a standard hatch, otherwise, what would be the point of buying a SC over a Tucson in the first place. $3K doesn't seem like an unreasonable price difference. I think people have expected too much.
like JA said it IS because of the comparison to the Tucson. I bought a 2022 Limited HYBRID AWD Tucson which has everything Santa Cruz has but ALSO has Smart Park functionality, memory seats, Pano Sunroof HYBRID engine (35 mpg avg) and a lower sticker by almost $4,000 dollars. True, no bed, but the rear seat in the Tucson goes on "for days" and cargo area is massive. It might be "apples to apricots" but i still was hoping they'd be comparably priced. Plus the dealer markups provide an additional "OUCH"....

·
Registered
57 Posts
What's a bummer to me is that national inventory of base SE models seems to be non-existent.
They are non-existent due to the chip shortage. Hyundai doesn't want to build lower cost/lower profit vehicles. Especially since the SC is the fastest selling vehicle going. Basic economics.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
186 Posts
Saw another Santa Cruz today.

I went to Deep Ellum to get a haircut at the barber school. As I was walking out of the parking lot towards Main St., I saw a white SEL Premium (based on the wheels and tonneau cover) stop and let their passenger out, before heading to the next corner and turning. It still had the temp tags on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not taking about at a dealership sitting on the lot (rare enough) but just another random owner driving by?

Today I saw an Accelerate Yellow (that highlighter maker color) convertible C8 in a parking lot and was reminded how rare spotting one in the wild still is nearly two years after the launch. When my wife had her super rare Volvo C30 I could count on one hand how many I encountered in traffic.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Saw my first one on Friday Oct 1st.

Rare tan color too. It was setup for a pool cleaning service with a hitch holding a pool vacuum and other tools. So apparently someone is using it as a light duty work truck (y)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Saw my first one on Friday Oct 1st.

Rare tan color too. It was setup for a pool cleaning service with a hitch holding a pool vacuum and other tools. So apparently someone is using it as a light duty work truck (y)
I saw a blue one yesterday in the parking lot where I get my nails done. I was sooo jealous. I wanted to be the first in town. Made me double check with every dealer in the state. And I found one! It will be here on the 19th and I got an ok deal (1.5k over msrp) but I got 3.5k more than I expected by selling my current car to Carvana. They are picking up my car on Monday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm in southwest Michigan near Kalamazoo. I have not spotted any in the wild yet. We have a dealer here and I've seen two of them roll off the lot. I had to go to the Chicago area to purchase mine.

When I saw the first one on my local dealers lot I called them and inquired about purchasing it. I was told that it was sold and that they can put me on a "preferred" list and could get me one in 4 to 8 months !!! I asked why they are listed on their website as available if the units were sold. The manager told me they would leave them on the website but did not explain why. Anyway, i went to the Hyundai website and using the build tool and inventory search. I found 6 units within 200 miles of my home. I called two dealerships and went with the one that was the most pleasant to speak with. Both were MSRP. so it didn't matter pricewise which I chose. Long story sorta cut short. I drove to the dealership , traded in a Jeep Compass and left with the SC. No hassle and an easy purchase.

A week later the local dealer called me with the exciting news that they believed they could get me one next month if I am still interested.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Premium - Phantom Black
40 Posts
Finally saw another one in RI yesterday for the first time. On 295 south, first one I've seen in 2 months.

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
48 Posts
Just curious, where in Buffalo did you find one to purchase?

·
Registered
54 Posts
FIANLLY saw my very first SC on the road not at a dealership and in the very town I am living in now!!!! Saw it at a stop sign but we were heading in opposite direction - it was a Hampton Gray.
I am also getting annoyed how Hyundai conducts it's business. In past, went to dealership and either bought one off the lot or ordered one and it came AS I ORDERED IT!!! Now it seems they want you to find it yourself anywhere in the country that there is one closest to one you like. It is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, saw the order on Amazon and it's the same - find one somewhere and go for it. Is there any need for a local dealership anymore????!!!!!!!!!!! I intend to touch base with the dealer this month that I listed as preferred for MY 'reservation' of which was not placed till the books were open to any slob off the streets while my 'insider reservation' was placed right after the reveal in April. This whole operation is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the add on prices, etc. Sorry, same old story but time is just passing while so many are getting new vehicles.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I saw one!! o_O

Surprised the heck out of my stepson and me! He spotted it and pointed it out to me. It was a Hampton Gray. It was across a grass median divider, quite a bit away and moving, so I couldn't tell what trim level it was.

Even so, it was a weird feeling seeing another SC in my little town of less than 10,000 people. My boy said it was sort of like inflation... it made it feel like we weren't special anymore and that we'd lost value. We were no longer unique!

Then again, maybe the Hampton Gray was just passing through town? :unsure:

I hope so anyway! 🤪🤣

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
484 Posts
The Santa Cruz is getting great reviews, but the problem is there are very few of them available. My SIL was not even able to drive one and he had money in hand for a new one. He moved on to something else that he could purchase before 2022.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have yet to see one in the wild in the north Jersey NYC suburbs. It definitely stands out. I've had numerous people come up to ask me about it. Yesterday while cruising through the mall parking lot a woman came running up to flag me down and stop me. She said she was looking for one and yet to see it in person even on a dealer lot. Asked me if she could take some pictures.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
75 Posts
Something happened at my house Saturday Night that I thought some might find funny. As many of you know there is a another white SC up the street from me (Maybe 2 blocks) The first time I saw it was the day I got mine. Keeping that in the back of your mind for a minute. Saturday night we had plans to go out with friends. After a Saturday afternoon walk that ended with me diving into the street to catch the runaway leash end of my pups (Jake and Elwood) I was skinned up and sore. 54 year old grandpas don't need to be diving for anything. LOL. I decided I wasn't up for going out. We made a change and our friends we coming to our house (Light the fire pit and hang on the deck and such) Although we have been friends for a while they had never been to our house. When they arrived our friends commented on how nice our neighbors were.
It seems that somehow our street address didn't take when they keyed it in on google maps or something. They were driving up my street. They saw a white SC figuring it was mine they knocked on the door and found the wrong people (of course) but the man pointed them in the right direction saying " I know there are only 2 of these things around here and the big guy on the corner has the other one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have almost 8 million people in the SF Bay Area and most of the dealers are getting 1 maybe two SC's in the last month so I have not seen them. ****, I did not know they were out last week when I saw the new Hyundai commercial about the free wiper.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts