Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Santa Cruz only came with floor mats, cargo net, first aid kit, and wheel locks. I'd like to purchase the bed extender, protective pieces you see hanging over the tailgate to put bikes in the bed, and the towing package/hitch. Not sure if these are available yet, though. Any input?

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Santa Cruz only came with floor mats, cargo net, first aid kit, and wheel locks. I'd like to purchase the bed extender, protective pieces you see hanging over the tailgate to put bikes in the bed, and the towing package/hitch. Not sure if these are available yet, though. Any input?
My son in law has this one and seems to like it... not sure on the width for the SC: Amazon.com : SPORTOURO Truck Bike Tailgate Pad - Tailgate Bike Pads, Tailgate Cover, Tailgate Mat, Tailgate Covers for Trucks, Tailgate Bike Pad, Bike Pad for Truck Tailgate Cover for Trucks, Bike Blanket Tailgate : Sports & Outdoors

The bike frame separator is why he likes it so much.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you checked this site: Hyundai Santa Cruz Accessories & Parts | Hyundai Shop ? They do have some photos; however, some items listed are not available though.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I am interested in the fender flares with mud flaps... just waiting on pictures and parts availability. Given the lack of knowledge at dealerships I will likely order from the site above and install these myself, same with the tow hitch. Those are the only two official Hyundai parts I'm interested in at this point.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm waiting to see the side steps & fender flares once they become available. I know there was a picture posted here with side steps, just not sure if they are the actual ones that will be available.
Up close they appear to have the SC triangle pattern on them, not sure if that guarantees they’re the same as what will be sold but I would think they were made specifically for the SC.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
Looks also need substance, or you're a poser. Let's be real, that 'concept' there looks pretty cool, but the SC does not have the true off-road capability to back it up. Big rock crawling tires doesn't mean that DCT is suddenly going to give you a smooth torque converted transmission with a low-range crawl gear. That bumper has no frame to mount to. The light bar ... that could be useful if you like to spend your time out in the bush. But the LED headlights are already pretty good.

To each, their own. But I've never been crazy about making a vehicle look like something it isn't. YMMV.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
99.9% of the fart cannon exhaust equipped cars on the road. ;)
Ah, I dunno. It's not my thing, but depending on the cannon there's at least the POTENTIAL for some actual performance gains with a new exhaust system.

I've had the [email protected]$$ wake the neighbours exhaust on big ol' V8 engines. Love a throaty burble as much as the next guy. But it makes it VERY difficult to do sneaky/sketchy things without being noticed. Sometimes you just need to be stealthy!! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased the after market hitch from etrailer. As others have noted, it's made by Curt and it is really nice. My brother installed it; looks great. I also got the OEM mud guards. Easy to install and they are not much but add a nice touch. Waiting for the OEM rubber mats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased the after market hitch from etrailer. As others have noted, it's made by Curt and it is really nice. My brother installed it; looks great. I also got the OEM mud guards. Easy to install and they are not much but add a nice touch. Waiting for the OEM rubber mats.
Can you share links for what you bought and of course any pictures.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts