Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was missing the HUD from my previous car (Mazda CX-9) so bought one of these aftermarket ones on Amazon.

Its fairly accurate I dropped the sensitivity and for the most part its accurate or +/- 1mph. I also used the sticker that came with it so it reads on the glass a lot better than w/o.

For the price I think its def worth it and enjoy just keeping my eyes up.
Vehicle Sky Car Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
Hampton Limited
32 Posts
I was missing the HUD from my previous car (Mazda CX-9) so bought one of these aftermarket ones on Amazon.

Its fairly accurate I dropped the sensitivity and for the most part its accurate or +/- 1mph. I also used the sticker that came with it so it reads on the glass a lot better than w/o.

For the price I think its def worth it and enjoy just keeping my eyes up.
Looking to the left would be a distraction for me. I’m glad it works for you and I understand your need.
I liked the right and left lane change dash cameras conceptually but find it hard to get used to looking down to check the small round camera to check my blind spot. I would love to use the HUD you bought to view the side cameras.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looking to the left would be a distraction for me. I’m glad it works for you and I understand your need.
I liked the right and left lane change dash cameras conceptually but find it hard to get used to looking down to check the small round camera to check my blind spot. I would love to use the HUD you bought to view the side cameras.
We have blindspot monitor on our 2020 Santa Fe. It's just one monitor in the middle of the dash but it displays both mirrors when you use the turn signals. But like you said, while it's a nice feature, I only remember to use it once in a while because it's not right in front me. Looking down at the dash feels awkward.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya my 2019 CX9 had icons that shows you when a car was next to you on the HUD.

I don't think the actual camera images will ever make it onto any type of HUD that would be too much going on the glass in front of you and also prob require far more expensive tech to make that happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts

For the price I think its def worth it and enjoy just keeping my eyes up. View attachment 2961
What other stuff do you need to run something like this? Or is it just plug and play? Do you need a certain driver or something similar that plugs into the fuse box to attach this? I apologize I’m not really a car guy, but after buying the Santa Cruz I’m the sudden super into upgrades and customizations!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I
What other stuff do you need to run something like this? Or is it just plug and play? Do you need a certain driver or something similar that plugs into the fuse box to attach this? I apologize I’m not really a car guy, but after buying the Santa Cruz I’m the sudden super into upgrades and customizations!!
It's a simple plug and play. Just goes into the OBDII plug which is underneath where the fuse box panel is ( left of the steering wheel and underneath in the foot well)

I just hide the wires and ran them down the rubber door gasket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts