Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have a refundable reservation on a Black/ Black SC that is scheduled to arrive in January.

But I have never test driven one.

I buy and hold my cars, so this is a big commitment. 馃榾. right now I have a 2013 Nissan Juke that I love.

Am thinking that I will miss the variable transmission and the smart power distribution around corners. Any thoughts?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I love it. Very smooth. But as I say I tend to keep my cars for 9-10 years and my car before the Juke was a manual jeep TJ. So anything would be smooth compared to that.

Registered
I haven't driven a Juke, but I have a feeling that you're not going to miss much when you get your SC! :) It's definitely going to feel different than your CVT, but I really like they way mine drives all the way around. My only issue right now is that the SC has 10" longer wheelbase than my previous vehicle, and I tend to park awkwardly as a result sometimes (this is a ME issue, not a SC issue lol). What trim level did you order?

Registered
Really? I love it. Very smooth. But as I say I tend to keep my cars for 9-10 years and my car before the Juke was a manual jeep TJ. So anything would be smooth compared to that.
Yes, smooth鈥 although I鈥檓 not a fan of the fake shifts the manufacturers keep putting them in. Gets better mpg etc鈥
But having owned and still own a Toyota, CVT鈥 there鈥檚 not much fun in them鈥 You鈥檒l enjoy the difference in transmission鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't driven a Juke, but I have a feeling that you're not going to miss much when you get your SC! :) It's definitely going to feel different than your CVT, but I really like they way mine drives all the way around. My only issue right now is that the SC has 10" longer wheelbase than my previous vehicle, and I tend to park awkwardly as a result sometimes (this is a ME issue, not a SC issue lol). What trim level did you order?
I am getting a limited. I like the bells and whistles. Comfort and safety are big priorities.

The longer wheelbase will be a big adjustment from the Juke. But I drive my wife鈥檚 Palisade, so I suspect it will be ok.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, smooth鈥 although I鈥檓 not a fan of the fake shifts the manufacturers keep putting them in. Gets better mpg etc鈥
But having owned and still own a Toyota, CVT鈥 there鈥檚 not much fun in them鈥 You鈥檒l enjoy the difference in transmission鈥
Well I can say for certain that the Juke is fun. Best performance car I have ever owned.

Registered
I am getting a limited. I like the bells and whistles. Comfort and safety are big priorities.

The longer wheelbase will be a big adjustment from the Juke. But I drive my wife鈥檚 Palisade, so I suspect it will be ok.
Awesome, I think you're going to love it -- tons of information to comb through on this site, too, as you go -- glad you're with us!

Registered
I owned a Juke in the past, I think it was a 2013 as well. After that lease I went to the Tuscon, and last night purchased my Santa Cruz SEL right off the hauler. :) I was never really impressed with the Juke, tbh. The Tuscon was a step up from that, and, well, after test driving the Santa Cruz, and then last night, driving it home, it was another step up from that! You are going to love the Santa Cruz!

Registered
Hello all!

I have a refundable reservation on a Black/ Black SC that is scheduled to arrive in January.

But I have never test driven one.

I buy and hold my cars, so this is a big commitment. 馃榾. right now I have a 2013 Nissan Juke that I love.

Am thinking that I will miss the variable transmission and the smart power distribution around corners. Any thoughts?
AM also in Central FL and btw have yet to see another one on the road. I got in line very early and got lucky getting my Limited in October when it was expected in December - still not sure how I got so lucky. Dealer called when I was out of town and said it was in. Had to make a quick decision as I had not driven one and had only seen one once, but in the meantime my other car kept failing and costing big money. I wired dealer money to keep from having car go to others in a growing line and committed. Very unlike me as I also hold cars, prior car was 21 yrs old and am OCD in choosing a car. Anyway cinched the deal and got the car. IT HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS. Has all of the safety stuff, plenty of power, handles extremely well, and very quiet on the highway and can tow a small boat. Could not be happier. Go for it. I also strongly recommend the Limited

Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
Well, I finally did it. I let the black one go last year, but bought an arctic white black interior limited this weekend.

Super excited. Runs great. Lots of fun. Will post first impressions soon.
Just a "little" more pep than the Juke.

Have an issue with the your first SC that was reserved?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a "little" more pep than the Juke.

Have an issue with the your first SC that was reserved?
No issue, just backed out because we had just bought my wife a new Palisade. Wanted to get some payments under the belt.

We buy new cars every 10 years or so. Not a great way to do it, but seems to work ok.

Registered
We buy new cars every 10 years or so. Not a great way to do it, but seems to work ok.
Wait... you actually drive around for years in cars that are completely paid off? :eek:

I'm curious why you say that is "Not a great way to do it?" (...asks ToadVine from his 17-year-old Element.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts