Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
517 Posts
A Blue Stone Limited. Nice choice! Welcome to the forums.

Reactions: SocaN7

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, what’s the game plan? I was able to secure fender flares with my purchase. The mud flaps made to fit the flares finally became available yesterday. Should have them next week then the install will happen! Excited!
There’s a few accessories I been eyeing but here’s my list so far, tint/under coat/wouldn’t mine some new rims, my plan is to use the factory ones for winter tires/wrap the roof and A pillar matte black/exhaust upgrade/K&N intake with a tune (remember I came from a KIA Stinger, lol). I am watching forums for ideas, on the KIA Stinger forum there was a “What I did today” thread that was great for sharing idea/mods/road trips. For now am just enjoying it, lots to learn still, send some pics of those fender flares.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Now that’s a mighty list of updates! I’m sure you’ll get a lot of enjoyment out of your endeavors. Winter? I don’t miss that as I moved from Northern Ohio to the desert in Southern New Mexico. I admire you wheel plan for the seasons too! Air intake, now that interests me too! I’ll send pics after install and would love intake info as you move forward! In the mean time, congrats on your fine ride!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that’s a mighty list of updates! I’m sure you’ll get a lot of enjoyment out of your endeavors. Winter? I don’t miss that as I moved from Northern Ohio to the desert in Southern New Mexico. I admire you wheel plan for the seasons too! Air intake, now that interests me too! I’ll send pics after install and would love intake info as you move forward! In the mean time, congrats on your fine ride!
Yeah the Canadian winter, I hate it, lol.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
575 Posts
Am very interested to see the results, are you doing any other mods besides a Lap3?
I would like to do a SXTH intake to retain the cold air effect, and a full exhaust would definitely help improve the lack of sound.

My biggest goal is to try and increase economy along with some extra power. I know there are plenty of turbo vehicles out there that can improve economy with a quality tune, and the SC is just begging for that.

If I can't find some examples of another SC that has improved economy with a tune, I might go ahead and order a Maverick Tremor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to do a SXTH intake to retain the cold air effect, and a full exhaust would definitely help improve the lack of sound.

My biggest goal is to try and increase economy along with some extra power. I know there are plenty of turbo vehicles out there that can improve economy with a quality tune, and the SC is just begging for that.

If I can't find some examples of another SC that has improved economy with a tune, I might go ahead and order a Maverick Tremor.
I don't think the Maverick Tremor has a hybrid, I believe the hybrid is only on the base. Don't know why Hyundai didn't add the hybrid in, it could be a checkmate if they added the plug-in hybrid also.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
575 Posts
I don't think the Maverick Tremor has a hybrid, I believe the hybrid is only on the base. Don't know why Hyundai didn't add the hybrid in, it could be a checkmate if they added the plug-in hybrid also.
I don’t want the current hybrid. I’m only interested in a hybrid if is still had a decent fun factor. The 2.5T with a hybrid assist would be awesome if Hyundai would build it……but they won’t.
I might end up waiting until the 2024 Tacoma gets released to make a decision.

The 2.0 ecoboost is capable of 30 mpg on road trips. I’ve found several people that are averaging 26 mpg. I’m wondering if a 5star tune could get that 26 mpg average closer to 30 mpg. That would be worth it for me to switch

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don’t want the current hybrid. I’m only interested in a hybrid if is still had a decent fun factor. The 2.5T with a hybrid assist would be awesome if Hyundai would build it……but they won’t.
I might end up waiting until the 2024 Tacoma gets released to make a decision.

The 2.0 ecoboost is capable of 30 mpg on road trips. I’ve found several people that are averaging 26 mpg. I’m wondering if a 5star tune could get that 26 mpg average closer to 30 mpg. That would be worth it for me to switch
The Santa Cruz is most likely my last ICE vehicle, electric or hydrogen(still a bit away) will be next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts