Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
181 - 200 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
@Chuck, hope you are able to give us a head's-up whenever they start shipping.

Apparently, none of the dealers know any more than we do.
They all say: "Oh... they'll be here..." (choose any answer below)
A. "in a few weeks."​
B. "in August or September."​
C. "in the Fall."​
D. "by the end of the year."​
As soon as I see anything start to move you all will be the first to know. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts

A. "in a few weeks."​
C. "in the Fall."​

A. "in a few weeks."​
C. "in the Fall."​
It could be a good thing the dealers don’t know much. At the time I made my reservation my dealer had no inquiries for this vehicle yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As soon as I see anything start to move you all will be the first to know. :cool:
Chuck,
You have been fabulous with keeping us informed and up to date with the SC and gone well beyong any of our expectations. I would like to send you a "thank you" and without revealing your personal info, where may I send you something?
Doug

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Chuck,
You have been fabulous with keeping us informed and up to date with the SC and gone well beyong any of our expectations. I would like to send you a "thank you" and without revealing your personal info, where may I send you something?
Doug
Doug, I appreciate the offer, but it's really not necessary. I'm happy to help out and your thanks here are enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No Bueno. Reached out to my dealership here in AZ and they have no clue what they are getting and when. They are fairly confident they will not get a Santa Cruz for at-least a couple months.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
Ridgeline's top of the line offering is the 'Black Edition' which has blacked-out trim, grill, etc. For some, this styling is considered the 'Holy Grail' of truckdom. It may be a fad who's time has passed, however, since Honda recently added a 'White Black Edition' (this isn't a typo) -- I kid you not!
And that White BE Ridgeline is the best selling trim for the Ridgeline. People prefer the White actually because of the high maintenance required on a black vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
Looks like the bed extender has been updated... maybe I missed it before. Yes please!!

View attachment 1031
if it can be rotated and store in-bed when tonneau cover and tailgate closed, I'd want one so that kayaks or SUPs can be thrown in on top in a hurry like this

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
if it can be rotated and store in-bed when tonneau cover and tailgate closed, I'd want one so that kayaks or SUPs can be thrown in on top in a hurry
Thanks... yep... I have had a few of these "gates". When you flip it into the bed, you can load groceries and they won't slide forward.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
I'm getting a mandatory bed divider if anyone wants to trade me their mandatory bed extender 😂
ummm, that's a tough one

it looks like this bed extender, when flipped towards the front of the truck, can be used as a bed divider

enough to fit some gallon jugs of milk and grocery in the space between the tailgate

·
Registered
250 Posts
Based on the instruction sheet, the bed extender does seems to be specific to the Santa Cruz.

But here's something new that I also learned from those instructions: a warning not to exceed 200 lbs. on the tailgate...! Whoa. I can't even sit on my own tailgate? That cannot be right.

Reactions: LittleBokey

·
Registered
TBD
41 Posts
Based on the instruction sheet, the bed extender does seems to be specific to the Santa Cruz.

But here's something new that I also learned from those instructions: a warning not to exceed 200 lbs. on the tailgate...! Whoa. I can't even sit on my own tailgate? That cannot be right.
Believe it or not, a lot of trucks "officially" have low max tailgate weights. I think a Frontier is also 200lbs and I saw one generation of F150 was 350lbs. Of course almost everyone exceeds these at some point. I'm sure that rating is probably worst case scenario (200lbs concentrated at the edge while moving). I'm sure you'll be fine sitting on it. Probably just a CYA by Hyundai.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
is this just Hyundai covering their azz?

they want to sell bed extender and yet don't recommend driving with tailgate down
You don't want your hostage to fall out before you get them to that secluded cabin in the woods do you? :ROFLMAO:

Pretty much lawyer CYA speak most likely...

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts

Typically autos have static and dynamic weight ratings for things like: tailgate, roof racks, etc... Hopefully I have those two terms right. Basically, they correspond to "parked/not moving" and "under use/driving" ratings. All the videos so far stated the Santa Cruz tailgate static weight rating at 500lbs. and the Maverick at 400lbs. Two of me can't sit on a parked Maverick tailgate :cautious:, but me and my doppelganger can sit on a parked Santa Cruz tailgate! :)

181 - 200 of 537 Posts