Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1066 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anything going on with Hyundai's listing of inventory for the Santa Cruz.

I have been periodically checking their inventory list for dealers to try calling. But this morning the Santa Cruz keeps showing 0 for my area, checked other random zip codes and am seeing the same. Other models still show.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just can't help but wonder how hard it would have been for them to use the exact same process they used in Canada. Select the model, select a dealer, enter info, DEALER takes out the deposit, dealer contacts you to confirm they received it, DEALER works with Hyundai on any changes to your pre-order, it ships to your dealer with your name attached. I mean, that's literally how a pre-order should work, right? The system they put in place for the US ... man, I'd be just as frustrated as the rest of you with that BS. Only downside is we're waiting a fair bit longer to receive ours. Dealers only started getting their demo units (actual demos that aren't for sale) in the last two weeks, where US dealers started getting them at the very end of July.

But I'm willing to bet cash that everyone who's fed up with the concierge nonsense would have dropped the $500 we had to put down in Canada for a no-nonsense actual pre-order.

That said, I do still have to see when the paperwork starts flowing if there are any attempts at markups/add-ons/etc. But it doesn't sound like it. Appears to be straight MSRP and the dealers keep telling me there are no accessories available yet for them to try adding on.
I was just on the Hyundai Canada site and you can now build your SC. There are only two trims though. No Essential. Just Preferred and Ultimate. Strange.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What I find really curious about the search on the USA site, is the page listing all the vehicles shows 191 Santa Cruz in your area. But if you drill into it it then says 0 available.

I was wondering if they suspended listing the vins due to another production delay or if they caught a production problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Insider Reservation Login stopped working for me after my original reserved vehicle came in, but that dealer marked it up over $14,000, so obviously I walked away (old story). Requested a refund and when I try to go back in it won't let me. Fine, waiting for my $100...

My brother also had an Insider Reservation, but in his case the system changed the color of the vehicle he reserved after the fact. He couldn't get that resolved (also an old story), so he canceled his reservation and requested a refund too. Fine, he is waiting for his $100...

Now get this, he tried signing on to the Insider Reservation Login today and it let him in. He searched the 250 mile inventory and found an acceptable vehicle within 9 miles, so he clicked to change his reservation and reserve that one. It worked.

Now the big questions need to be answered:

1) The vehicle doesn't show up on the dealers website at all; is it real? Old & already sold? New and coming?
2) If it is real and not sold, will this dealer sell to an "Insider" at MSRP?
3) Will the Hyundai Concierge Center send this new dealer notification that he has reserved this vehicle?
4) Will the dealer even care if he has reserved the vehicle at all and just ignore it?
5) How can an already canceled Transaction ID# still reserve a vehicle?
6) Does this vehicle no longer display to others now that it is "applied" to his Transaction ID#?

My brother is just going to sit back and see if he gets confirmation emails again for this correct color combination Santa Cruz. If so, he plans to call the dealer direct and see what they have to say.

Oh what a cluster **** this Insider Reservation system is! o_O

Any thoughts???
First, the reservation system shows MSRP, but dealers can tack on whatever they want. That is stipulated when you register. The whole thing seems greatly under staffed and not well planned so it is not surprising that it would take a long time for a refund to be processed.
The tool is currently set up to ignore your color choices, it only shows what feature level you selected in 250 mile range. This is supposedly a "feature" that lets you take alternative choices.
I have been told that the vehicle shows up when it is scheduled to go to the location shown. It can be days to a month or more. It is likely in the new and coming category. I had one that I reserved this way and when I contacted the dealer, they claimed someone else had reserved it first, so you have to talk to the dealer, don;t trust the system. Concierge Services told me my case was unique, but I am not that confident it doesn't happen more often. There is no Insider MSRP guarantee. Concierge does send a notice to the dealer, but it is ultimately up to the dealer. if someone is in the database, their ID has likely yet to be cancelled. Best bet, contact the dealer, get an email or something with a commitment to sell, then if that is successful, contact concierge to halt the cancellation and apply the $100 to your sale. In my case, the system did not not prevent me from "reserving" a vehicle that had already been sold. Concierge said it was a process by which the dealer should have tagged it sold, so there is some inefficiency in the system, so again, get a commitment from the dealer!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
859 Posts
I was just on the Hyundai Canada site and you can now build your SC. There are only two trims though. No Essential. Just Preferred and Ultimate. Strange.
Well, about time! But yes, now just two models. But they also have posted the finance rates:
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

God help the soul who drags out that 96 month rate. I don't think it would actually lower the payments vs. 84 months. Well, I guess SLIGHTLY, but not enough to be worth it.
Nice to see the accessories finally showing up! I'll have to bug my dealer to see if they're in his system now. They even have the kayak carriers/roof racks listed - and the hood deflector at $250 for those who are into them. Priced out my build with the options I'd like, including the 8/160 Platinum Plus extended warranty ... just clipped $60k after destination and taxes. Ooof. $58k without the accessories. At least that's almost exactly what I was expecting? lol

They also updated the colour for "Sand Storm" to look like the beige colour we're seeing on the streets. too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
First, the reservation system shows MSRP, but dealers can tack on whatever they want. That is stipulated when you register. The whole thing seems greatly under staffed and not well planned so it is not surprising that it would take a long time for a refund to be processed.
The tool is currently set up to ignore your color choices, it only shows what feature level you selected in 250 mile range. This is supposedly a "feature" that lets you take alternative choices.
I have been told that the vehicle shows up when it is scheduled to go to the location shown. It can be days to a month or more. It is likely in the new and coming category. I had one that I reserved this way and when I contacted the dealer, they claimed someone else had reserved it first, so you have to talk to the dealer, don;t trust the system. Concierge Services told me my case was unique, but I am not that confident it doesn't happen more often. There is no Insider MSRP guarantee. Concierge does send a notice to the dealer, but it is ultimately up to the dealer. if someone is in the database, their ID has likely yet to be cancelled. Best bet, contact the dealer, get an email or something with a commitment to sell, then if that is successful, contact concierge to halt the cancellation and apply the $100 to your sale. In my case, the system did not not prevent me from "reserving" a vehicle that had already been sold. Concierge said it was a process by which the dealer should have tagged it sold, so there is some inefficiency in the system, so again, get a commitment from the dealer!
Oh what a mess! I'm pretty confident that NO ONE would participate if they didn't EXPECT the price to be MSRP or lower. Fine print covers Hyundai's behind, but fine print can't negate the intent of the main print. That said NO ONE will ever pursue an kind of legal action, that's stupid. It just demonstrates the levels Hyundai will go to in its' marketing with little to no regard to their customer.

Yes, the system displays all colors for the trim level selected, but the PROBLEM is when you reserve one that says it is one color and you print that applied reservation out like it says to with the color you reserved; the next time you log in the color of what you reserved has changed on your ONLINE reservation, but your original printed reservation is the correct color.

I currently have ZERO confidence in the system or the dealer that my brother now has a reservation with. I test drove a Tucson at this dealer. The sales woman didn't even know how to turn off the radio on the touch screen (I had to roll the volume down to zero to make it quiet). There was ZERO follow up to my test drive and interest. A week later I emailed the sales manager and told them my interest has changed from the Tucson to the Santa Cruz, plus I sent him the colors and trim I am ready to buy. ZERO response. Many weeks later I emailed again, ZERO response.

I understand that the dealer is in TOTAL control of his own inventory and clearly can do whatever he wants with it (experience of others and myself here proves that). My brother isn't a follow up kind of guy like I am. He just lets :poop: happen and deals with it after the fact. That approach in this situation may not serve him well in the short run, but it will reduce any frustration the in the long run. He will still be there ready to buy when they have SC's they can't sell. They will then be calling him and offering incentives to get him in the door to buy. That's when he will get off his behind and go purchase. I am pretty confident that day won't come this year unless demand goes dead or the economy tanks.

Who knows, that SC may come in, the dealer calls him and says come on down and it's yours for MSRP! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Available from good dealer.
White SEL, AWD, ACTIVITY.
Modern Hyundai Concord NC.

This is where I bought my Hampton Gray SEL AWD ACTIVITY. Good dealer, no extra markup, treated me right.
Sales person was Trei Quick. Nice young man.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone had any luck placing an order for a Santa Cruz after release?

My understanding is ordering is not a thing with Hyundai, but a couple dealers asked if I would like to order it.

Worth doing? Anything to watch out for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put in preservation and changed my mind from premium to limited. None within 250 miles so I placed an "order" with a dealership that promise straight MSRP.
Order means they take desired configuration, and hope Hyundai allocated a vehicle to that dealership. No guarantee.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They offered to wait until unit is allocated. Then they will contact me for a refundable deposit. I've had placed ask for non refundable deposit and I walked out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's not too bad. I wouldn't mind putting a deposit down if I had a guarantee the car would be produced for me.

But for their system if the dealer is willing to put the order in and ask for the deposit if and when its allocated to their dealership I think that's fair.

Did they give you any estimate on time frame? One dealer told me it "might be 120 days".

·
Registered
50 Posts
As I understand there is no guarantee when. These days with limited production who knows. I'm in no rush. **** it could take 6 months and maybe there will be a new color by then! Lol

·
Registered
Currently drive a Toyota 4-Runner Limited.
35 Posts
I placed an order with a $500.00 deposit on August 6th. Two weeks ago the dealer called and asked if I had a second color choice since I requested Mojave Sand. I made the choice of Sage Grey and hoped it wouldn’t delay an original delivery date of six to eight weeks. I get another call from the dealer last week and I am told delivery could be from two to six months. I asked why and there explanation was that the western New York area for some reason is not getting much distribution. Find it hard to believe since they placed an order. Just telling me that they are at Hyundai’s mercy. Needless to say I’m very frustrated with the whole process.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a dealer who is offering to reserve me a limited he claims is arriving in October 22nd. He claims they only sell at msrp and this will be at msrp.
He said he can’t give an exact price but it will be at msrp and he gave a price range. Basically he said it will vary by the included accessories so it looks like they intend to include 200-600 in accessories so not a ton.
They want a non refundable deposit to reserve which gives me pause. Anything I should be on the lookout for or ask before agreeing?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a dealer who is offering to reserve me a limited he claims is arriving in October 22nd. He claims they only sell at msrp and this will be at msrp.
He said he can’t give an exact price but it will be at msrp and he gave a price range. Basically he said it will vary by the included accessories so it looks like they intend to include 200-600 in accessories so not a ton.
They want a non refundable deposit to reserve which gives me pause. Anything I should be on the lookout for or ask before agreeing?
Can you get the window sticker?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
244 Posts
This sounds fishy. I would not put down a non-refundable deposit without seeing the sticker. If he knows he has one coming he should know the VIN. If we know the VIN we can pull up the sticker. That 200-600 could be BS dealer add-ons. /jmho

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’m leaning towards moving on anyway. He low balled me on the trade in by at least 2k. I pushed back that there estimate was far below kbb and edmunds as well as other dealers. He only came back promising their high end if it’s in excellent condition which was about the same as the low end estimate from other dealers.

1001 - 1020 of 1066 Posts