Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1111 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone is having a hard time finding what cars are coming to you local area, I can try to help you.

UPDATED 07/21

Spreadsheet has been updated - about 80 units that had AON (production numbers) now have VIN numbers and about 300 additional units were added.

Newly added units are fully highlighted in yellow. If a VIN was just added the VIN is highlighted in yellow.

Here is a link to a spreadsheet of what I currently see on order - if you scroll to the bottom, there are 2 tabs available - one sorted by state and dealer, one by state and model.

And the disclaimer...just because we see a car, the dealer could already have someone in front of you that wants it. You will have to call/email the dealer to find that out. Many of the dealer staff won't know what they have coming in, so you may need to get with a sales or inventory manager. I'm not trying to push anyone towards a particular dealership - just giving you what information I can so you can take it from there. It can help you be on top of things so you are ready as soon as it arrives instead of waiting for the dealer to call you back when something comes in - and it possibly not being anything you are interested in.

As explained below, the list is NOT all-inclusive, it is possible that something is on order but for various reasons (explained below) they may not be shown.
____

Here is what should show in the spreadsheet:
  • When the cars are first allocated to the dealer and are waiting to be built or just going thru the build process, I should be able to see what will be shipping to any US dealer.
  • When the cars actually arrive at the dealer - unless they have already marked it as sold, I should be able to see what all US dealers have on the ground.
  • In between these two beginning and end points is where it gets mixed results.
    • Once it goes from being built, until it arrives at the dealer, I can only see the Southeast, so I should see FL, GA, AL, MS, SC, NC, VA, WV, TN, KY and part of the adjacent states.
    • Also, when the car completes production, there is one status where it drops from my view completely until it moves to where it is just about to ship. That is currently happening as this morning I saw 1,074 units - which some had already dropped off from what I'd seen days before including mine. Looking now it's about 950, so over 100 cars moved a step closer today. Luckily I saved lists from prior days, so I can hopefully see from that what is progressing now and may have dropped off.
Also, from looking earlier, there are quite a few western states that I currently see nothing for. Not sure if for some reason I'm just not able to see it - or if they are behind in the allocation process and actually don't have anything on order yet. (AZ, NM, CO, UT, WY, MT, ID, ND, SD)
Chuck, thank you!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
View attachment 1653

View attachment 1654

View attachment 1656

I was hoping to get such an incredible deal to show but then I failed to do that.

This Limited Blue Stone I picked up had $900 markup, and another $400 window tint and lifetime warranty that I can barely justify. Total $1300 deviated from the Monroney sticker

I'm not sure if I can do any better because this is still the one of the cheapest Limited Blue within 500 miles radius from me.
Dealers that boast not charging MSRP don't have any limited at the moment at all as far as I have researched.
Ok. I have finally found one! A Blue Limited will be arriving at the dealership on Oct 19. Originally, they were at $55K out the door, but I got them down $7K. There are still about $1500 worth of b.s. charges, but I am getting $3.5K more for my car selling to Carvana than anyone else was offering so I figure that makes up for it, even figuring in the loss of tax break (8.75% tax here). I have my agreement in writing and put $1000.00 down. I really think that was the best I could do without waiting another 6 months. I am satisfied with the deal.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
507 Posts
Ok. I have finally found one! A Blue Limited will be arriving at the dealership on Oct 19. Originally, they were at $55K out the door, but I got them down $7K. There are still about $1500 worth of b.s. charges, but I am getting $3.5K more for my car selling to Carvana than anyone else was offering so I figure that makes up for it, even figuring in the loss of tax break (8.75% tax here). I have my agreement in writing and put $1000.00 down. I really think that was the best I could do without waiting another 6 months. I am satisfied with the deal.
If you are happy with the deal, then we are happy, but $48K OTD for a SC is insanely expensive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are happy with the deal, then we are happy, but $48K OTD for a SC is insanely expensive.
I get it. Its more than I wanted to pay, but I have been searching for 3 months and almost all the Limiteds are 5K or more over MSRP. I think 1.5k over is still too much, but like I said, I got $3500 more for my car than I was expecting so I am ok with it. Our sales taxes are really high, too.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
507 Posts
I get it. Its more than I wanted to pay, but I have been searching for 3 months and almost all the Limiteds are 5K or more over MSRP. I think 1.5k over is still too much, but like I said, I got $3500 more for my car than I was expecting so I am ok with it. Our sales taxes are really high, too.
It’s a shame dealers are taking advantage of the situation. Enjoy your new SC.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
744 Posts
Yeah, if you get a more favorable trade then that should offset some of the markup. Don't sweat it, 1.5k markup you still beat the avg, on truecar blue limited still averages about 1.8k markup

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
192 Posts
I just paid a 2k markup on the Limited. I'm in the nyc area, and dealers are trying for 5-7k markup. I was trying to be more patient, but I got a CarMax offer of 20k on a 2017 civic with over 50k miles. I thought that was overvalued by 3-4k. I thought it might be a fluke of their algorithm that might not hold, especially since it was only estimating around 18k a couple weeks earlier.

In any case I'm happy. Its a lot of money for the car but instead of a 5 year old Civic that will start needing more and more maintenance I have this amazing luxury vehicle brand new hopefully trouble free for the next 2 or 3 years that fits what I want to do with it much better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just paid a 2k markup on the Limited. I'm in the nyc area, and dealers are trying for 5-7k markup. I was trying to be more patient, but I got a CarMax offer of 20k on a 2017 civic with over 50k miles. I thought that was overvalued by 3-4k. I thought it might be a fluke of their algorithm that might not hold, especially since it was only estimating around 18k a couple weeks earlier.

In any case I'm happy. Its a lot of money for the car but instead of a 5 year old Civic that will start needing more and more maintenance I have this amazing luxury vehicle brand new hopefully trouble free for the next 2 or 3 years that fits what I want to do with it much better.

What color?

·
Registered
77 Posts

Yes, that's what happened with me, too. A month ago, the highest offer (also from Carvana) was 17K...now 19.5K. I figured I better jump on that offer, before it drops again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
They wouldn't give me a straight answer on how much markup they wanted. They wouldn't take a deposit and I believe was told they would only negotiate in person once the car was on their lot. Which I take it means they were shooting for at least 5k over and want to play games to get you to pay more once then you want once you are captive at the dealership.

Now this was a dealership that was recommended to me by someone who bought their years ago. But this left me highly suspicious.

In the same general area is Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah. I still paid over msrp, but they started at 3k over and I got them down to 2k over on a Limited. No issues with them trying to include any dealer extras. So not a deal per say but at least they were straight forward with no BS.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I have the Maroney Sticker and I verified that it is showing up on the scinventory. Is there a AVERAGE amount of time that people have experienced between when the vehicles show up on the report and when they typically arrive at the dealership? I know there is no guarantee but I am curious what others who tracked their "vehicle" experienced. Thanks

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
139 Posts
Well I have the Maroney Sticker and I verified that it is showing up on the scinventory. Is there a AVERAGE amount of time that people have experienced between when the vehicles show up on the report and when they typically arrive at the dealership? I know there is no guarantee but I am curious what others who tracked their "vehicle" experienced. Thanks
I have tracked a few in my local area (PNW) to "guestimate" when mine will be arriving. Typically, I have been seeing about 8 weeks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
1. Watch for it to appear on Hyundai's Inventory Search It will say "In Transit" until delivered to dealer. Be sure it is centered on your area of interest, it only shows within 200 miles.

2. Watch for it on AutoTrader, when it says "Newly Listed" the dealer is rubbing his hands together in anticipation of your money. But, the truck/train may still be enroute. Some sales people are a bit devious about whether it is actually on their lot; their sole aim is to make as much headway as possible into your personal info, or better yet, get you onto the property and sell you something else that they already have.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They wouldn't give me a straight answer on how much markup they wanted. They wouldn't take a deposit and I believe was told they would only negotiate in person once the car was on their lot. Which I take it means they were shooting for at least 5k over and want to play games to get you to pay more once then you want once you are captive at the dealership.

Now this was a dealership that was recommended to me by someone who bought their years ago. But this left me highly suspicious.

In the same general area is Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah. I still paid over msrp, but they started at 3k over and I got them down to 2k over on a Limited. No issues with them trying to include any dealer extras. So not a deal per say but at least they were straight forward with no BS.
I’m getting my limited in Goshen. Paying MSRP. Sureski is the dealer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I’m getting my limited in Goshen. Paying MSRP. Sureski is the dealer.
Nice. I believe I had looked at a couple different ones on their online inventory and they had listed prices above msrp.
I don’t believe it was crazy high and I appreciated they accurately listed the price they wanted publicly instead of making you call. I only didn’t call them because I didn’t see a Limited in their inventory when I started looking in September.

Did you have to negotiate your way down to msrp or did they offer it right away?

1081 - 1100 of 1111 Posts