Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
161 - 180 of 537 Posts

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
I don’t know, according to the spreadsheet, the dealer I requested is expecting the exact vehicle I requested…. I have a hard time believing that’s pure coincidence.
DITTO HERE! And I was told by the dealer that my vehicle will have my name attached to it when it arrives.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
Chuck - Do you know the typical timeframe once the VIN# is assigned to be put on a truck for shipping?

For those that continue to feel their desired build isn't out there or simply don't see their build on the lists posted here, I recommend going to your reservation dealers inventory/sales manager in person with insider email in hand and have them check their coming inventory for you. I've been told they can see what they are going to receive for the next 1-2 months during typical production. If they don't see your vehicle, then have them do a Priority Request as per the screens that have been posted here. Once you've established your reservation -AND- established contact with your dealer -AND- confirmed your order is in or placed your order in person, then you can sit back and relax while Hyundai fills your request.

If your dealer gives you the cold shoulder or isn't responsive to your insider reservation interest ID, then switch dealers. When one is in pain, it's best to take initiative to ease ones own pain and solve ones own problems. That works for me. Maybe it will work for you too.

I execute for a living. There's an old saying, "A desire(idea) without execution is just a fantasy!"

Hope this helps others resolve their perceived concerns with facts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Chuck - Do you know the typical timeframe once the VIN# is assigned to be put on a truck for shipping?
Unfortunately it varies, right now it is a matter of Hyundai releasing the cars to be shipped. Not sure if they are still holding off getting the cars shipping to have a larger quantity built to ship together at first so that all dealers get a couple at the start. Also, with a new model release, the vehicles usually get additional quality checks.

Once shipping actually starts, I've seen cars built in Alabama go from pre-production with no VIN to having the VIN assigned, production complete and on the dealer lot in less than a week. This is perfect world scenario to dealers with a 1 day delivery time on a truck, but possible. I would say once they start flowing 2-3 weeks (definitely under a month) should be normal unless it has a huge transit time by rail.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spreadsheet has been updated - about 80 units that had AON (production numbers) now have VIN numbers and about 300 additional units were added.

Newly added units are fully highlighted in yellow. If a VIN was just added the VIN is highlighted in yellow.

Original post is updated.

Can we assume VIN units will hit dealer lots before AON's? Or am I reading too much into that?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Can we assume VIN units will hit dealer lots before AON's? Or am I reading too much into that?
Technically they should, but by how much will vary - an SC on the list with a VIN might have had the VIN assigned yesterday and one with an AON could have the VIN assigned today. These are all relatively close to production, so there shouldn't be a huge difference. Right now there are 1,112 units with an AON, they are expecting to build over 3,000 a month, so these should be built within 2 weeks if production is steady (not building a bunch of SC at one point, then slowing down the SC to build more Tucson, etc).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to @Chuck and his awesome spreadsheet I was able to track down the one SC with my preferred color & trim being allocated so far in my state, talked to the dealer, and put down a refundable deposit to reserve it directly with them. Not counting my chickens just yet, but this was instantly more effective than the official reservation system. They said they’re expecting mid-to-late August. Will be a bit of a drive once it comes in, but I can live with that. Thank you!
Dealer I contacted and asked about putting a deposit on said that it would be non-refundable ... they said it wouldn't be fair if it was refundable, which I get, so surprised to see a dealer offer a refundable deposit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Dealer I contacted and asked about putting a deposit on said that it would be non-refundable ... they said it wouldn't be fair if it was refundable, which I get, so surprised to see a dealer offer a refundable deposit.
Sorry, I would run from that dealership. I can understand them wanting a "real" deposit (not just the $100 reservation), but to make it non-refundable on a car you haven't been able to see in person or drive is ridiculous.

·
Registered
489 Posts
When I bought my Dakota it was a custom order because the dealer couldn't find one in state that matched my request and I refused to compromise. Back then he told me dealers would happily exchange or ship vehicles between locations. My build took about 6 weeks but when it arrived my name was on the window sticker, it was truly custom since Dodge (like most America car brands and especially trucks) had all kinds of options you could mix and match that were not locked into a particular package or trim level.

However with SC you only have trim (SEL, Limited, etc), AWD or FWD and color choices, everything else is a dealer installed accessory so custom builds aren't required. Now if they had only had the interior colors and standard equipment list available from the start this reservation system might have gone smoother.

I assume once production really cranks up finding a SC that meets your desires will become much easier.

·
Registered
250 Posts
... Once shipping actually starts, I've seen cars built in Alabama go from pre-production with no VIN to having the VIN assigned, production complete and on the dealer lot in less than a week. This is perfect world scenario to dealers with a 1 day delivery time on a truck, but possible. I would say once they start flowing 2-3 weeks (definitely under a month) should be normal unless it has a huge transit time by rail.
Chuck, as things start to move, will you have access to any shipping info by either VIN# or location?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Chuck, as things start to move, will you have access to any shipping info by either VIN# or location?
If it's coming to the SE (roughly VA to FL to LA), I should be able to see as it progresses. If it's outside of that, I can look by the VIN and see when it invoices to the dealer (which should be just before arrival) or it will show in my regular list once it arrives at the dealer (anything nationally).

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
What the bloody blue blazes is THAT about??? What crack dealer are they buying their nitrogen from? 78% of it is already FREE from a home compressor! LOL Be a cold day in **** before I'd pay $500 extra for putting air in the tires ... which the factory already did before it hit the lot - and it was likely just regular air. For that price, I'd demand a lab analysis of the "air" in those tires to ensure it was 100% pure nitrogen. LOL $500 nitrogen ... that's a HOOT!
If it was 100% nitrogen in the tires, in theory, the tire pressure will be fluctuating less due to temperature changes. But honestly it doesn't matter much like you said the natural air almost 80% is nitrogen anyway.

So this is purely padding profit

·
Registered
208 Posts
That comment right there is going to knock more than half of the prospective SC buyers out of the box.
I inquired more about that non-refundable deposit, it's even worse.
The only condition to get a refund on that is if the vehicle arrives damaged or blatantly not matching the agreed vehicle.
I asked if let's say the door panel gaps kinda big, fitment not consistent, or odometer miles too high, they would not consider those as legitimate reasons for refund, nor allowing that deposit to go to a future vehicle.

I would have agreed to put a deposit if I was transferrable, but dang, non-refundable, non transferrable deposit, what kinda desperate dude would agree to that...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still a dearth of any Sage Gray Limiteds in this latest batch. Who the F in Texas wants a black truck with black interior? In this climate?? Just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ridgeline's top of the line offering is the 'Black Edition' which has blacked-out trim, grill, etc. For some, this styling is considered the 'Holy Grail' of truckdom. It may be a fad who's time has passed, however, since Honda recently added a 'White Black Edition' (this isn't a typo) -- I kid you not!

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ridgeline's top of the line offering is the 'Black Edition' which has blacked-out trim, grill, etc. For some, this styling is considered the 'Holy Grail' of truckdom. It may be a fad who's time has passed, however, since Honda recently added a 'White Black Edition' (this isn't a typo) -- I kid you not!
doesn't look too bad in white

but dang that price

I called the Honda dealership that sold me a Type-R before, they are not marking up those Ridgelines but they are selling them at MSRP and fast.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Very politically correct.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
It looks like the Honda Ridgeline designers got together with the Subaru Forester Wilderness designers and came up with the fugliest fender flares imaginable. o_O

·
Registered
90 Posts
I inquired more about that non-refundable deposit, it's even worse.
The only condition to get a refund on that is if the vehicle arrives damaged or blatantly not matching the agreed vehicle.
I asked if let's say the door panel gaps kinda big, fitment not consistent, or odometer miles too high, they would not consider those as legitimate reasons for refund, nor allowing that deposit to go to a future vehicle.

I would have agreed to put a deposit if I was transferrable, but dang, non-refundable, non transferrable deposit, what kinda desperate dude would agree to that...
I'd tell them "thanks but no thanks" and walk away

·
Registered
250 Posts
@Chuck, hope you are able to give us a head's-up whenever they start shipping.

Apparently, none of the dealers know any more than we do.
They all say: "Oh... they'll be here..." (choose any answer below)
A. "in a few weeks."​
B. "in August or September."​
C. "in the Fall."​
D. "by the end of the year."​

Reactions: JMII and Jim 99
161 - 180 of 537 Posts