Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the black on black SEL Premium. I really wanted the stone blue but beggars can't be choosers.

Planning on some customization to amp up the fun factor. Going for a playful surfer/beach bum style, but not too extreme because I'm a middle aged dad in the upper Midwest. Just like I'm gonna throw a couple kayaks in the back after work and chill in the wilderness.

Here are my thoughts. What do you guys think?

- Custom paint job. Maybe the Subaru Baja style yellow on gray? Or something more minimalist like just painting the side mirrors? Definitely open to suggestions. I want it to look cool and interesting but not like I just ran it through a back alley chop shop.

- Lowering suspension. I wanted the 18s for better ride quality but they look lonely inside those huge wheel wells. Lowering the body would give more of a car-like look. Plus I figured it might improve handling.

- Alternatively - Wide tires for the Jeep look. Maybe keep the stock 18s for winter tires, and get a set of wide rims for summer. Definitely not those knobbly Jeep tires though, they are miserable to drive on.

- Trunk bed rails. Practical and they look cool.

While I'm at it, I was thinking of an audio upgrade too. The standard system is nothing special and people here are saying the Bose isn't that great either. I don't need ground-shaking bass but clarity would be nice. Also I wonder if you could put speakers in the bed for tailgating?

All suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got the black on black SEL Premium. I really wanted the stone blue but beggars can't be choosers.
It's ridiculous that Hyundai's rollout and "ordering process" (or lack thereof) has made people buying a high trim new model vehicle think that they are beggars in any way. For the kind of money they are getting for these, you ought to be able to get what you want. But that's another story.

I'll be watching for some tips. Scour the forums there's a lot of good info already out there. Tons on wheels and tires, and a little on the stereo too. I know on the Limited someone found it easy to replace the anemic Bose sub with a powered Kicker Hideaway unit and said it made a huge difference. It may be a little trickier without wiring in place for a sub (though maybe it's already there?) but you can at least know that it fits behind the seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I kinnnnnnd of want to wrap my Limited in yellow…..maybe a good alternative to a full blown paint job.

Someone also replaced the subwoofer behind the rear seat with a better sub, and it looks like that was an excellent decision to do so:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Regarding changing the color....

Found this Baja mock-up, you've probably seen it -- pretty cool!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

Also, @Mrs.Hoskins wrapped hers, and it looks great!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts