Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from an 8 hour drive from Oklahoma to snatch up this beauty at MSRP. Got lucky inquiring about one that was marked “sold” on Chuck’s list, and it turns out whoever ordered it initially never responded to calls after it arrived, and I happened to ask about it on the right day. Don’t give up the search, and don’t be afraid to inquire about those that look sold!

I have a lot more to say about it later, but wow is this an impressive vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Does it have the silver chrome grille? Or is that just the lighting? Limited should have the dark chrome...

Still a beauty - should look just like mine in a few weeks!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
46 Posts
Congrats!!! I had one reserved myself but checked all dealers within about 200 miles of home and found one made an appointed and snagged my prize. I've had it for 2 weeks or so and it impresses me more and more everyday. It really is a superior vehicle in my opinion. And I feel like the forum here is surrounded by folks who get it. Enjoy your Cruz through life my friend.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yeah, the more I look at it, the more it looks like the white ceiling reflecting off of them. I took this for a test drive this morning.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire
I love it SO much. OMG it beat every last one of my expectations. The lane keeping blew me away when I tried it out around some corners that I had zero expectation of it making it through. Even sections with only the yellow line and no white line. The power and acceleration is fantastic, especially once you get through that initial turbo lag. Highway passing?? From legal to trouble in just a couple of seconds. Big grip on twisty roads and tight corners. And at absolutely no point did it feel like driving a truck. Back seat leg room was about what I expected. Not huge, but fine. I sat behind where I have the driver's seat (6 foot) and had a good inch and a bit of knee room, lots of foot space under the seat.

This black one is purely demo, and is not for sale. Dealer expects it will be 6 months before they have general inventory on the lot that he can sell. Anything before that will be orders coming in.

I'm going to be a twitchy mess waiting for mine to come in. Maybe I shouldn't have taken the test drive ... lol

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Patriot Hyundai in Bartlesville, north of Tulsa. I did fly one way early AM, drove back all afternoon and evening.
thanks, I think my next vehicle will be purchased out of OK since they always for some reason beat even the best price in Dallas or Houston
How's the paper work, you'll have to register the SC on your end in TX and pay the sales tax and all then?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
247 Posts
I'm going to be a twitchy mess waiting for mine to come in. Maybe I shouldn't have taken the test drive ... lol
I totally understand where you're coming from. The wait would've been worse if I'd driven driven a Santa Cruz and had no control if it kept dragging out.

I'm glad you got the experience. It'll just give you more to look forward to. Maybe you can put on a disguise and go drive it again? 😎

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nah, I'll save myself for my ride. What today was super for was my nervousness about the final price. Yeah, I'm sure I could save some money with a Maverick, but it's like the designers knew what I've always wanted in a vehicle and finally built it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Grats!

Speaking of wheels and black chrome, I wonder what black chrome wrap would look like on the factory wheels. Or you could even get them PVD finished in black chrome.

Quick ghetto photoshop, have to use your imagination of what the black chrome would really look like:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks, I think my next vehicle will be purchased out of OK since they always for some reason beat even the best price in Dallas or Houston
How's the paper work, you'll have to register the SC on your end in TX and pay the sales tax and all then?
Yep, just paid the OTD price + $450 in doc fees. I’ll pay taxes & title in full at the tax office. Works out as I have some black MyPlates I’ve had on previous vehicles that I want to use.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Grats!

Speaking of wheels and black chrome, I wonder what black chrome wrap would look like on the factory wheels. Or you could even get them PVD finished in black chrome.
Super congratulations!! Could FEEL your excitement jump out of the post! Safe travels & enjoy!

I saw this SEL vid on you tube where the dealer powder coated the Premium Trim's wheels- Thought they looked amazing!

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
109 Posts
Super congratulations!! Could FEEL your excitement jump out of the post! Safe travels & enjoy!

I saw this SEL vid on you tube where the dealer powder coated the Premium Trim's wheels- Thought they looked amazing!

Wonder what it costs to get the wheels powder coated? Don't forget too that you could get them hydro dipped for even more variety.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Wonder what it costs to get the wheels powder coated? Don't forget too that you could get them hydro dipped for even more variety.
I was quoted $650-$750 that includes everything, just drop off the vehicle, they take it from there and pick up the vehicle in 2 days

it involves dismount wheels and tires, powder coating (many steps involved), and mount and balance the tires

1 - 20 of 22 Posts