Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I love the homelink garage door programming. I love the idea that I can get rid of the remote and have an opener that only works when the car is on.

Regarding programming I thought you could program up to 3 garage doors to the different buttons on the mirrors.

But it seems like every time I program my second door to the next button I lose the programming for the previous door.

Am I mistaken that you can program multiple doors? Or am I just doing something stupid?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I love the homelink garage door programming. I love the idea that I can get rid of the remote and have an opener that only works when the car is on.

Regarding programming I thought you could program up to 3 garage doors to the different buttons on the mirrors.

But it seems like every time I program my second door to the next button I lose the programming for the previous door.

Am I mistaken that you can program multiple doors? Or am I just doing something stupid?
What is the first step that you are doing for the programming? It might be possible that you are clearing out the 1st one you set up. If you're holding the 1st and 3rd button...that resets and clears out anything in the memory.

·
Registered
Hampton Limited
41 Posts
What is the first step that you are doing for the programming? It might be possible that you are clearing out the 1st one you set up. If you're holding the 1st and 3rd button...that resets and clears out anything in the memory.
Agree with Bommer, after you program the first one, you hold the second program button down until the symbol in the mirror starts flashing and press the second remote you want to use for homelink.

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree with Bommer, after you program the first one, you hold the second program button down until the symbol in the mirror starts flashing and press the second remote you want to use for homelink.
Thanks, that might have been what I did wrong. But I feel like on my second attempt I started with that. I will try again at least now aware that the first step is complete clear of previous settings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks, that might have been what I did wrong. But I feel like on my second attempt I started with that. I will try again at least now aware that the first step is complete clear of previous settings.
With the 2nd garage door opener....the 1st step should be to hold whatever button you want to be programmed with in your SC and the garage door opener button at the same time.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
683 Posts
Clear & concise instructions here:

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
We had a 2016 Tucson and tried to program it for opening the garage door. It worked, but when it did, the numerical keypad no longer worked. Finally, we gave up and simply kept a remote inside the Tucson.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Some garage openers are limited to 3 openers, some 5. So if you have 2 cars plus the keypad that may kick one off because of the standard opener
Ah... now that makes sense. Simple, once you know.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
244 Posts
The only problem I ran into when programming HomeLink in mine was that I accidentally erased every remote from the opener, and had to reconnect them. I currently have 3 remotes, HomeLink, and the keypad linked.

I was also able to program my MIL's opener into HomeLink, which is good because she only has one remote, and her new Elantra doesn't have HomeLink (yes, I know we can buy more remotes if necessary).

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you do programming you may have to seek for some small parts. You can look on either https://www.garagedoornation.com or Amazon. The doors parts are pretty cheap there and more options for you to choose from. I tried to do some door programming by myself too. Unfortunately came across some difficulties so I had to order some door parts. Anyways, I figured it would be fun to program the door by myself but turned out it was even more expensive then I expected lol

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks for the tips, never programmed a Homelink mirror.

I am hoping Tasca sends my Homelink mirror soon. I ordered an older Hyundai mirror and am going to connect to the dome lights (I don't remember the model it was for, but was $45+shipping). They work when the doors are opened, but shut off after a few minutes, so I won't have to have the car on to open or close the door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Programming may necessitate the search for minor components. You can visit either DND Garage Doors or Priority Garage Door Repair. There are more possibilities and the door pieces are reasonably described. I also attempted to program the door by myself. Unfortunately, I encountered some complications, so I had to order some door components. Anyway, I thought it would be amusing to program the door myself, but it turned out to be even more expensive than I anticipated lol.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Programming may necessitate the search for minor components. You can visit either DND Garage Doors or Priority Garage Door Repair. There are more possibilities and the door pieces are reasonably described. I also attempted to program the door by myself. Unfortunately, I encountered some complications, so I had to order some door components. Anyway, I thought it would be amusing to program the door myself, but it turned out to be even more expensive than I anticipated lol.
I kept repeating the program process, on try three or four the Homelink mirror finally synced up. Has worked since. I'm trading in my SC, so removed the mirror and installed in my wife's '16 RAV4, still works great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts