Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So far I've only seen them on Canada-bound vehicles and press cars

if so, that's going to suck and maybe we can order online and have Hyundai Canada ship to the US when available

·
Registered
100 Posts

So far I've only seen them on Canada-bound vehicles and press cars

if so, that's going to suck and maybe we can order online and have Hyundai Canada ship to the US when available
They have the Ultimate (our Limited) priced at $46,745 Canadian ($36,474 U.S.). Their price (theoretically) is about $2000 over the sticker price of ($44,799), but I don't know if it includes transportation and options. I am on their chat now and the person keeps asking when I want to come in and look at it -- I keep telling him I am in NW
Florida, but like with many other sales personnel on chat, they still want me to come there... They will let me know Monday (8.23) about pricing. Maybe if there are no fees, someone up north can go just north of Toronto to purchase the vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
D&D for Canada is (I believe) $1,925 on new Hyundai's, soooooooooooo $46,475 is about right on the money. Sticker doesn't include it.

I've never liked the hood deflectors, personally. Still not a fan of it on the SC either. But I know a lot of people do really like them, so nice to see it exists for those folks.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D&D for Canada is (I believe) $1,925 on new Hyundai's, soooooooooooo $46,475 is about right on the money. Sticker doesn't include it.

I've never liked the hood deflectors, personally. Still not a fan of it on the SC either. But I know a lot of people do really like them, so nice to see it exists for those folks.
the defector really helps though, it would most likely prevent this and potentially save the windshield too if rocks are small enough to be air lifted

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
Oh, I get what they do ... just don't like the way they look in general. Kind of like back in the 80s when the "LeBra" was a big thing ... didn't like those either.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I get what they do ... just don't like the way they look in general. Kind of like back in the 80s when the "LeBra" was a big thing ... didn't like those either.
LeBra is hideous for sure, one thing they can do is to offer color keyed hood deflector so that it blends in and you won't notice from a distance

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
the defector really helps though, it would most likely prevent this and potentially save the windshield too if rocks are small enough to be air lifted
I've run a deflector on my Dakota for the last 20 years, I believe it helps.

However I will likely just go clear bra this time as PPF has come a long way, its really good now and doesn't yellow or crack.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is the response from WeatherTech this morning (8.23): "
Unfortunately we are not currently in process of manufacturing these parts for this vehicle. We have yet to scan this vehicle for measurements which means at this time we do not have any further information on if or when these might become available. However, you can help make this product a priority for our product development team by submitting a product request form through our website here: http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/"

I did put in a request for the hood/stone/bug deflector and the trunk liner.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is the response from WeatherTech this morning (8.23): "
Unfortunately we are not currently in process of manufacturing these parts for this vehicle. We have yet to scan this vehicle for measurements which means at this time we do not have any further information on if or when these might become available. However, you can help make this product a priority for our product development team by submitting a product request form through our website here: http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/"

I did put in a request for the hood/stone/bug deflector and the trunk liner.
Received a response from Husky -- they are currently working on developing products (probably floor mats first) and should have them available in 4 - 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OEM Hood Deflector showed up on hyundaishop.com but shows as "coming soon".

nice!! Must just have revealed
sadly I just spent $300 on PPF on the front portion of the hood and part of the side fenders...
I guess I'll still get the deflector for windshield protection

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Have you seen a photo of the fender flares yet?
Nope. There are a few items on the accessory list that are yet to be seen. For example the GoPro camera mounts that go into the tabs on the fender trim where the mentioned-to-death Easter egg mini SC icon is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts