Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what others think about the time frame involved. It seems that Hyundai has really done a lot of research on this vehicle, and put this thing together in a very few months, once they decided to show it at NAIAS. This leads me to believe they have a pretty good idea of how to build it, once it gets green-lighted.

Are we talking six months? Nine months? A year? More???

I'm hoping it's announced in March, and it's available in September! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've read so many blogs and posts about this car they are all starting to blur. I know I've seen 2016 somewhere & 2018 somewhere else.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read so many blogs and posts about this car they are all starting to blur. I know I've seen 2016 somewhere & 2018 somewhere else.
If they wait until 2018, any momentum they had will be completely lost. This has to be done quickly, or not at all.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If all they have done so far is the market research and built the concept, then we would be at least 2-3 years away. If they did give it the green light, it would probably be released with the next generation Tucson. The 2016 Tucson is only a refresh (some styling and mechanical revisions but still basically the same).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely not by September. I don't really see this happening until late 2016 or 2017.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Don't let them hear that! :O

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's the harsh reality, we'll be lucky if we hear it come out as a 2016 model, and that would mean by mid to late 2015 we'd have see a production model, too soon.
2017 seems much more likely if it actually happens.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could hold out until 2016, if I had to (and, if I knew for sure it was a go), but 2017 would probably kill my chances.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm guessing much more Subaru Outback than Subaru WRX, but it would be nice if they could offer those choices.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I agree Santana, will it be more sport driven or off road parts... You could go either way with it.
Yes, it all really comes back to who they're targeting and what they'll be doing, which may not be all of us but it at least lets us know what their development intentions are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts