Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Too bad portal axles are well beyond the budgets of most of the well known truck makers these days otherwise it could do a lot for Raptor products. A Raptor Ranger with portal axles would do a lot of damage to its competitors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very Disappointed

So I just saw that the Santa Cruz will be made in Korea for the 2018/2019 model year. However, it sickens me that I read that it will be a four door small suv. I would buy if it was closer to the Subaru Brat or El Camino which is what I under the impression it would be. I am so very disappointed and will not buy it if it is in fact a four door. Might as well buy the larger four door truck, if I was in the market for that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where did you read that ?? I haven't come across that info! I'm not doubting you at all, just hoping you could provide a link or something to show an official statement on it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I just saw that the Santa Cruz will be made in Korea for the 2018/2019 model year. However, it sickens me that I read that it will be a four door small suv. I would buy if it was closer to the Subaru Brat or El Camino which is what I under the impression it would be. I am so very disappointed and will not buy it if it is in fact a four door. Might as well buy the larger four door truck, if I was in the market for that.
Would be interested in hearing what other trucks you will want.

So far the ridgeline seems like a great alternative if you just want something pure light duty, anything more than that and you should probably get a 1500 series type truck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea, apparently some new axles from Dana that are greatly improved and more efficient.

Anyone seen photos of the new Ranger Raptor ? Not too sure if it's actually a thing or just a fan rendering

The Ranger Raptor is an Aussie package as they don't get the F-150 Raptor.

New Ranger doesn't interest me - it's nearly as big as the F-150 (8" wider and 3' longer than my existing one).

That was beauty of the Santa Cruz - not "Texas sized".

·
Registered
60 Posts
To be honest, I've never really seen a Ranger up close nor have I really looked into them so I'm going to take your word for it. What year F-150 do you have again?? @don4331

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The Ranger Raptor is an Aussie package as they don't get the F-150 Raptor.

New Ranger doesn't interest me - it's nearly as big as the F-150 (8" wider and 3' longer than my existing one).

That was beauty of the Santa Cruz - not "Texas sized".
I think you'll be impressed at how the Ranger takes off once it reaches America. Already one of its long-standing rivals is doing well... the Toyota Tacoma. Only thing its missing is two more doors.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just did some searching on the Ranger and another thing of beauty is that it'll be coming with several engine options so there's bound to be something to keep everyone happy. Especially after seeing a Raptor edition rendering of the Ranger, that thing is cool!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Was shocked for a second when I read that the Santa Cruz was axed for an SUV, but good thing I kept scrolling. Could find no mention of it in the news, but the new Mercedes X-Class seems to be the hot topic right now. Maybe Hyundai is waiting to see how it sells first before confirming the Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just did some searching on the Ranger and another thing of beauty is that it'll be coming with several engine options so there's bound to be something to keep everyone happy. Especially after seeing a Raptor edition rendering of the Ranger, that thing is cool!!

too bad it could be harder to justify bringing this to market than it seems because the market share isn't just as lucrative as what the F150 based Raptor sits in. so we could be in for a wait, but if it happen then I might just be in line waiting to get one.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts