Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Preferred Trend Hampton
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, silly question here but my Santa Cruz doesn't beep the horn when I press the lock button twice or more from the fob. I didn't see a menu option to enable this (I may have missed it). Is this something that can be enabled?

I like this feature as it helps us find the car in a busy parking lot and reassures me the vehicle is locked.

I have the Canadian Premiere Trend (middle trim level).

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have an SEL. I lock and unlock the vehicle by pressing the button on the door handle after I exit. I hear a little “clunk” and a faint chime.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wonder if this is a microchip issue. Apparently the SC has had a few things omitted because of the chip shortage. Memory driver's seat for example :-(

·
Registered
563 Posts
I turned mine off.... it about gave my wife a heart attack when she was walking in front of it and I locked it.... It's LOUD Sounds like a Full size Truck horn
Oh and it's setting in the dash settings..

·
Registered
Preferred Trend Hampton
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure how you managed to disable it, as I don't have any menu options for it. Maybe the Canadian version is different or something. The version I have is basically one down from the fully spec'd model in the US.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am not sure how you managed to disable it, as I don't have any menu options for it. Maybe the Canadian version is different or something. The version I have is basically one down from the fully spec'd model in the US.
It ”chirps” as a default setting, as it’s also shown in the owners manual.
Next time I’m in the car, I’ll check the settings - It’s -18C right now, so not heading out 🥶

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
371 Posts
It ”chirps” as a default setting, as it’s also shown in the owners manual.
Next time I’m in the car, I’ll check the settings - It’s -18C right now, so not heading out 🥶
-18 and I took mine thru a touchless wash earlier - she might be hermetically sealed in the morning.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I turned mine off.... it about gave my wife a heart attack when she was walking in front of it and I locked it.... It's LOUD Sounds like a Full size Truck horn
Oh and it's setting in the dash settings..
What? Heart Attack? Loud? Mine is nothing more than an extremely soft "chirp" that you can barely hear. It's the weakest door lock/unlock chime I've ever had in a car. In the settings, I only see to turn it on or off, but no loudness settings.

·
Registered
Preferred Trend Hampton
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is soft chirp as well. It is about as loud as the locks themselves. I have gone through the settings several times and I dont see anything to turn that on or off, let alone beep the horn or chirp louder. Maybe aweshucks77 is right in that I am missing some capabilities due to chip shortage, or perhaps I need a software update. I am looking forward to someone spelling out exactly where they see these settings. I doubt I am overlooking them but I hope that I am!

·
Registered
22 SC SEL AWD activity package, '21 Chevrolet 3500HD Duramax
80 Posts
I have the same barely audible chirp 1 for lock 2 for unlock, and if I am more than say 30 feet away I probably won't hear it. Um not remembering at the moment if the fob has a panic button on it, but all else false and you forget where ya parked hit that.

·
Registered
Preferred Trend Hampton
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a panic button on the fob. I tried it. Loud enough to separate body from soul. However the vehicle was in the garage when I hit the panic button. ;)

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
371 Posts
-18 and I took mine thru a touchless wash earlier - she might be hermetically sealed in the morning.
All good -22 c this am, the tailgate was the teenager of the group, needed some bribery before it complied, and it looks like the cover let in a thimbleful of water- so it passed the winter carwash test, and looks less like a salty dog.

·
Registered
563 Posts
What? Heart Attack? Loud? Mine is nothing more than an extremely soft "chirp" that you can barely hear. It's the weakest door lock/unlock chime I've ever had in a car. In the settings, I only see to turn it on or off, but no loudness settings.
Must be because mine is the base SE without all the bells and whistles.... Mine uses the car horn... Which is very trucky LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts