Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ice White Limited AWD SC
31 Posts
that's not even half the monthly production number, maybe many are still in-transit and thus not sold
Hope they are in-transit and thus makes it easier to get one in Sept. Wonder if the current offers of $500 Dealers Choice Cash and 1.9% @ 60 months will be extended or perhaps even improved with Ford Mavericks starting to show up at dealerships.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
Hope they are in-transit and thus makes it easier to get one in Sept. Wonder if the current offers of $500 Dealers Choice Cash and 1.9% @ 60 months will be extended or perhaps even improved with Ford Mavericks starting to show up at dealerships.
If Toyota and Honda all going to cut production by half this year, I really don't think Ford has the components to mass produce Maverick anytime soon, unless they have access to a portal to an alternate universe with abundant parts suppliers

·
Registered
2022 Ice White Limited AWD SC
31 Posts
If Toyota and Honda all going to cut production by half this year, I really don't think Ford has the components to mass produce Maverick anytime soon, unless they have access to a portal to an alternate universe with abundant parts suppliers
No idea by what quantity they are being mass produced, but they are and starting to appear at dealerships. Absolutely production is constrained but more options in this unique segment brings more competition for the buyers in this niche :cool:. But I definitely get what you're saying, just itching to get my Limited Hampton Gray lol

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,076 Posts
Wow. By those numbers, I'd be more worried about the Veloster disappearing than the SC. It's really hard to say anything about sales figures in the last year though ... the world is too screwed up to have any realistic comparisons to the past.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes... my guess is the program is likely to be extended past the 7th... note that total sales are begining to slow... some due to inventory, but inflation is a killer.... so new incentives will come to keep up the volume... I'm optimistic.

To @walkingbears point, just read today that in one year, the average car sale went from $30k to $40k... huge shift in spending... most likely pent up demand... but crazy too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
50%, **** that’s a big number. I guess we’ll all be lucky if Klaus doesn’t get his way by mid winter. Pray for America

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've read stories (so take them for what they're worth) that manufacturers have "master chips" that they're using to get the vehicles through the plant and onto their parking lot, then they pull the chips and take them back onto the line. Tons of new cars sitting on lots with no chips to run. So at some point they are going to flood the market and all of us who just paid MSRP (or higher - sorry!) better not look at prices on new cars!

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
185 Posts
Wow. By those numbers, I'd be more worried about the Veloster disappearing than the SC. It's really hard to say anything about sales figures in the last year though ... the world is too screwed up to have any realistic comparisons to the past.
I worked for a CD/DVD retailer back in 2002-2003. They always compared daily sales to the same day the previous year, without regard to what went on that previous year. I have two examples of why that practice can be misleading:

One year I had a customer come in who was the personal assistant to an Arab Sheik. She bought the most popular CDs & DVDs for him to take back to his children. So of the top 40 CDs, she bought 3-5 copies if they had explicit lyrics or were more hardcore, and 5-7 copies if they were more "socially acceptable." Same thing with the DVDs. Of the top 40 movies, she'd buy 3-5 copies of the PG-13/R rated, and 5-7 copies of the G/PG rated. (The reason for the multiple copies was that his oldest daughter would be playing the CD, a friend would ask to borrow it, then never return it. This way, she'd just give them the CD, and have a new one at home.) She came back the next day and did the same thing. Her individual transactions those two days were each well over $10k. It completely screwed up the Same Day Sales figures for that day the next year. Corporate was like, "why couldn't you move as much product this year as last year? Slackers."

September 11, 2001, they did almost no business, understandably so. September 11, 2002: "Wow! we did so much better this year than last year, keep it up!" Corporate didn't take into account what happened that day the year before.

Just one of many reasons they filed bankruptcy (for the third time) and finally shut down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you pay a market premium for your SC limited?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I worked for a CD/DVD retailer back in 2002-2003. They always compared daily sales to the same day the previous year, without regard to what went on that previous year. I have two examples of why that practice can be misleading:

One year I had a customer come in who was the personal assistant to an Arab Sheik. She bought the most popular CDs & DVDs for him to take back to his children. So of the top 40 CDs, she bought 3-5 copies if they had explicit lyrics or were more hardcore, and 5-7 copies if they were more "socially acceptable." Same thing with the DVDs. Of the top 40 movies, she'd buy 3-5 copies of the PG-13/R rated, and 5-7 copies of the G/PG rated. (The reason for the multiple copies was that his oldest daughter would be playing the CD, a friend would ask to borrow it, then never return it. This way, she'd just give them the CD, and have a new one at home.) She came back the next day and did the same thing. Her individual transactions those two days were each well over $10k. It completely screwed up the Same Day Sales figures for that day the next year. Corporate was like, "why couldn't you move as much product this year as last year? Slackers."

September 11, 2001, they did almost no business, understandably so. September 11, 2002: "Wow! we did so much better this year than last year, keep it up!" Corporate didn't take into account what happened that day the year before.

Just one of many reasons they filed bankruptcy (for the third time) and finally shut down.
The practice described also induces weather panic.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,076 Posts
Did you pay a market premium for your SC limited?
Nope. Best I can tell, those don't seem to be a thing in Canada. Probably because we had actual pre-ORDERS, with our names on them right from day one. And since they advertised MSRP, they legally can't sell it for more. At least in Ontario. I haven't spotted any with dealer markups in Canada yet anyway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hyundai has already announced they are discontinuing non N Veloster production after this year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nope. Best I can tell, those don't seem to be a thing in Canada. Probably because we had actual pre-ORDERS, with our names on them right from day one. And since they advertised MSRP, they legally can't sell it for more. At least in Ontario. I haven't spotted any with dealer markups in Canada yet anyway.
That's my gripe. Dealers are not putting the markup in the ad. They put a price discounted by 3 0r 500 off and when you go to do the actual deal. The salesperson says" oh that's not the price, this is the price" w/ a big markup on top of the Ad price. I'm sure that is a deceptive Ad and the AG would take issue. But not worth my time or it is in another state.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts