Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got an email from Hyundai Concierge Center last night to finalize my selection, but the original dealership they referred me to was not on the list. Could Hyundai have listened and are now sending people to MSRP dealers?

UPDATE:
I've sent an email to my sales man asking the same question

·
Registered
408 Posts
Doubtful. Hyundai cannot get involved in dealer pricing....Hence the "Suggested" in mSrp.
Not true... from first hand experience. Yes the dealers set pricing, but HMA owns the brand. When a dealer has a lot of complaints (see copy of a pricing complaint response) or they have a negative impact on the brand, they get their license pulled.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not true... from first hand experience. Yes the dealers set pricing, but HMA owns the brand. When a dealer has a lot of complaints (see copy of a pricing complaint response) or they have a negative impact on the brand, they get their license pulled.

No.....There are very extensive and restrictive franchise laws established by state in place, prohibiting the MFG. from doing much of anything. I worked for HONDA at the Manuf/dealer relations level for 20+ years. Anything that smacks of Price fixing is legally perilous. The manufacturer can talk and cajole, but cannot ultimately influence the dealer (who is an independent businessman) from changing his ways. Allocations can be slowed, support minimized but these are all really subtle ways of getting the dealer what you want to do without running afoul of the laws. They can make it hard, but ultimately cannot control the dealer per the Franchise agreements negotiated in most states. Lawsuit waiting to happen.....Been there, done that.

·
Registered
408 Posts
No.....There are very extensive and restrictive franchise laws established by state in place, prohibiting the MFG. from doing much of anything. I worked for HONDA at the Manuf/dealer relations level for 20+ years. Anything that smacks of Price fixing is legally perilous. The manufacturer can talk and cajole, but cannot ultimately influence the dealer (who is an independent businessman) from changing his ways. Allocations can be slowed, support minimized but these are all really subtle ways of getting the dealer what you want to do without running afoul of the laws. They can make it hard, but ultimately cannot control the dealer per the Franchise agreements negotiated in most states. Lawsuit waiting to happen.....Been there, done that.
Wrongo.. dealers don't have unfettered use of the brand and products. They only get away with BS for so long..

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
I'm thinking Rivian for the next truck, getting tired of playing games with dealerships and with EV makers most of them don't have dealers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did anyone get another e-mail from the Concierge lately? Got this yesterday.
We are excited that the first-ever 2022 Hyundai SANTA CRUZ is arriving at dealerships daily.

Hyundai Concierge <[email protected]>
Fri 10/15/2021 4:43 PM

Now the fun begins. If you have already been working with a dealer to confirm your selection, then you're all set! If you haven't begun the process, it’s time to find your SANTA CRUZ. Simply click the link below and provide your email address and the transaction ID from your deposit confirmation email.

The problem is in the very beginning, just like the one quite a while ago: "Now the fun begins." If they think searching all over the USA for a vehicle one might like to purchase, well maybe you could buy from me the Brooklyn Bridge! This whole process is making dealerships worthless. If they would have stated this from the very beginning to avoid any of their Hyundai dealerships, just maybe a new vehicle might be in front of the house now. I[m content to ride out this month and get my 100 dollars 'reservation' down payment back! what a total joke Hyundai has been. If I did not like the vehicle would have gone to Ford awhile ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts