Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Impressive ... the LOL Canadian site still says ... yep, pricing coming soon. LOL So, so sad, when it's already hitting dealer lots!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Ford Maverick build page displays most of the accessories in picture form (an actual image of the product).

Hyundai is asking me to BLINDLY spend $215, $395, $615, $695 on item (no clue what they look like). Ohhh Kay! 🥺

Hyundai Fail #... #.. I've lost track what number we are at.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Impressive ... the LOL Canadian site still says ... yep, pricing coming soon. LOL So, so sad, when it's already hitting dealer lots!!
That's their way of getting you to go to the dealer so they can start working you over with the rubber hoses.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Ford Maverick build page displays most of the accessories in picture form (an actual image of the product).

Hyundai is asking me to BLINDLY spend $215, $395, $615, $695 on item (no clue what they look like). Ohhh Kay! 🥺

Hyundai Fail #... #.. I've lost track what number we are at.
Yes, a major fail for Hyundai on that in comparison - Ford actually had that up with the pics the day they introduced the Maverick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it not working properly for anyone else? I build my SC, select "Finish Build", and the next page pops up but the buffer wheel keeps spinning and it tells me my Zip code is invalid.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Weird, you have to use: Build Your Own Hyundai | Hyundai USA

No matter what model you click, SE, SEL, etc it will only display a Limited model, because apparently finding a stock photo of each trim was too hard. :rolleyes:

I need to apply at Hyundai marketing, I don't have any experience but I'm pretty sure I could still do a better job, lol!

If you go the other way to the Santa Cruz directly, it just tells you FWD models are coming soon: 2022 Santa Cruz Debut | Sport Adventure Vehicle | Hyundai USA

·
Registered
617 Posts
Mostly the accessory list with no pictures.
Oh, you're interested in the fender flares or bed divider kit or bed rails look like? No problem, got ya covered with a vague description and pic of a blue background Hyundai logo, lol!

Even changing the interior color does nothing, it just shows the black one either way.

I've posted this before, but it doesn't have to be like this, here's a good website build tool: Build Your Own 2021 GLB 250 SUV

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
While I understand that building a good website UX isn't as easy as it seems like it should be (from decades of building websites) ... and coding can be "technically" complicated ... it's really not THAT complicated. Especially when you're working with the marketing budgets of a mega-corporation vs. local volunteer-run unfunded non-profit groups. A competent teenager can figure it out if their agency can't. Yes, javascript sucks, but there are finite options in these build sites. Not THAT crazy complicated! Especially when you literally already have the templates built for the entire rest of your product lineup!! It's a frickin' copy and paste job for the most part!

That's what makes me a bit batty about the horrid websites in both countries for the Cruz. There is literally no excuse for them to not be at least on par with the build sites for the entire rest of their product line. It's just database entries and linked images!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
Oh, you're interested in the fender flares or bed divider kit or bed rails look like? No problem, got ya covered with a vague description and pic of a blue background Hyundai logo, lol!

Even changing the interior color does nothing, it just shows the black one either way.

I've posted this before, but it doesn't have to be like this, here's a good website build tool: Build Your Own 2021 GLB 250 SUV
MB does have the money to spend on media hype, but I will never be able to erase that picture of the Rose Gold MB from of my mind. My neighbor loves his MB, but he does trade it in the day before the warranty expires. He just paid around $70K for the one he has now. Tells me he buys them for the safety, which may be true, but I think there are other reasons also as he works as a program director for a local TV channel.

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
The inventory tracker is sketchy also. There are only 3 SC's showing in the state of Colorado and two of them are SE's. I think consumers are going to become weary of hunting down a SC, only to be told it is not available.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
While I understand that building a good website UX isn't as easy as it seems like it should be (from decades of building websites) ... and coding can be "technically" complicated ... it's really not THAT complicated. Especially when you're working with the marketing budgets of a mega-corporation vs. local volunteer-run unfunded non-profit groups. A competent teenager can figure it out if their agency can't. Yes, javascript sucks, but there are finite options in these build sites. Not THAT crazy complicated! Especially when you literally already have the templates built for the entire rest of your product lineup!! It's a frickin' copy and paste job for the most part!

That's what makes me a bit batty about the horrid websites in both countries for the Cruz. There is literally no excuse for them to not be at least on par with the build sites for the entire rest of their product line. It's just database entries and linked images!
I totally agree with your assessment. Hyundai should have had the website ready to go active before the cars were even being built. Then when they were hitting the lots, it would have been simple.

·
Registered
617 Posts
MB does have the money to spend on media hype, but I will never able to erase that picture of the Rose Gold MB from of my mind.
Props on them for offering some risky colors IMO, even though that's a bit too girly for my taste. Apple seems to sell a lot of watches, tablets/computers, and phones in a similar color though.

But regarding money for building and maintaining a website, a quick google says that Hyundai Motors is no small company at $54 billion market cap. Mercedes is just a subsidiary of Daimler, and while I can't find their market cap Daimler as a whole isn't that huge by comparison at $96 billion. Heck, recently I was reading about how Hyundai is investing over $7 billion in the US to ramp up for electric production, yet think of how little it costs to manage a website.

Seems like its a cultural problem, like maybe they have some really aging upper management that doesn't think people shop online for cars. They have money for product placement in a GI Joe movie though! ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
But regarding money for building and maintaining a website, a quick google says that Hyundai Motors is no small company at $54 billion market cap. Hyundai is investing over $7 billion in the US to ramp up for electric production, yet think of how little it costs to manage a website. Seems like its a cultural problem, like maybe they have some really aging upper management that doesn't think people shop online for cars. ;)
I agree with you... To a point.

Even if Hyundai (Global) has their set of cultural beliefs, it is the job of Hyundai USA to execute the plans of corporate. What we are witnessing is a comedy show. Very amateurish. Unprofessional. Not saying people should be fired. I am saying there should be a serious review. (Ford Maverick vs Hyundai Santa Cruz rollouts.... One surgically precise and well executed. The other being a hot mess).

These daily examples of stupidity are really starting to wear on me. I may still purchase a SC (should arrive in a few weeks.. I truly love the vehicle.. This is the type of vehicle I have been waiting for). Not gonna lie, this BS has me second guessing myself.

·
Registered
896 Posts
These daily examples of stupidity are really starting to wear on me. I may still purchase a SC (should arrive in a few weeks.. I truly love the vehicle.. This is the type of vehicle I have been waiting for). Not gonna lie, this BS has me second guessing myself.
In my mind I have already separated Hyundai marketing (EPIC FAIL) from Hyundai engineering. If the engineering team did a good job then I could careless how screwed up this product launch is. Not getting a SC just because Hyundai's website sucks is like refusing to eat at a great restaurant because they have some goofy ad on local radio.

Same goes for the dealer network. I could careless if they are complete morons, once they stock a vehicle that meets my needs and will sell it at a reasonable price I'm done with them. You have to live with the vehicle every day... the sales process is only a few hours.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I with you! I'm sure I will end up with a SC but there do seem to be quite a number of examples where Hyundai is dropping the ball. I mean, Hyundai can't even get the colors in the same neighborhood as the actual colors. No manufacturer can get the colors exact, but the color differences on Hyundai's website are comical...

Blue Stone:

Mohave Sand:

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
It would be nice to see the vehicle in person, but that might be awhile here in Colorado.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts