Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your Santa Cruz is VIN 5NTJBDAE3NH001784, which according to the spreadsheet was/will be delivered to Mike Brown Hyundai in TX then you own the 5 Millionth vehicle built at HMMA in Montgomery.

Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama Builds its 5 Millionth Vehicle

MONTGOMERY, Ala., Aug. 12, 2021 –Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA) leadership, team members, and special guests today celebrated the 5 millionth vehicle built at Hyundai’s U.S. assembly plant. HMMA reached the 5 million mark in less than 17 years, starting production in May 2005.
The 5 millionth vehicle was a Hyundai Santa Cruz Sport Adventure Vehicle that was built on July 27, 2021. To reach this achievement, HMMA has produced 2,562,880 Sonatas, 1,489,568 Elantras, 908,779 Santa Fes, 36,989 Tucsons, and 1,784 Santa Cruzes.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
That is what one of the dealers I have spoken to said.
yeah, I thought it only counted the production order of what the specific trim production is, but now it's confirmed that number is for SC of the entire model year, I guess they definitely know that they won't be making more than 1 million SC per year

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Maybe I should shoot for a VIN (last five digits) over 10,000, to give them time to work out the kinks in the manufacturing process.
Good plan to avoid stuff like this: All Ford Bronco 'molded-in' color hardtops will be replaced, deliveries still delayed

I'm still waiting to see what the fender flares look like... hopefully they will show up in the next month or two. From a negotiations standpoint it would really help if inventory levels allowed me to pick my desired vehicle from more then one dealership. For me the November time frame would be ideal for a purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts