Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Very true...

I wonder how lucrative that ends up being for the brand. They must be able to do some type of study that allows them to determine what sales would be with or without the sponsorship. Or else the company probably wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Kanye knew all along...

Eighteen years, eighteen years
She got one of yo kids got you for 18 years
I know somebody paying child support for one of his kids
His baby momma's car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV Any Given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money
She went to the doctor got lipo with ya money
She walking around looking like Micheal with ya money
Should of got that insured got GEICO for ya money
If you ain't no punk holla We Want Prenup
We want prenup!, yeah
It's something that you need to have
'Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
Eighteen years, eighteen years
And on her eighteenth birthday he found out it wasn't his

Now I ain't saying she a gold digger
But she ain't messing with no broke *****s
Now I ain't saying she a gold digger
But she ain't messing wit no broke *****s
Get down girl go head get down
Get down girl go head

·
Registered
385 Posts
LOL, maybe he is a god.

I am a god
Hurry up with my **** massage
Hurry up with my **** ménage
Get the Porsche out the **** garage
I am a god
Even though I'm a man of God
My whole life in the hand of God
So y'all better quit playin' with God

·
Registered
728 Posts
I bet Hyundai paid Kayne for that, any time you hear a brand mentioned like that, whether it's Hyundai, Beats, Coke, Uber, etc... there's a good chance it's paid for by that same company.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hyundai did not pay Kanye for that. He's talking about them negatively. He's saying that a football player just won the super bowl, but has to pay so much child support that he can't afford anything more than a Hyundai. The song came out in 2005 - back when Hyundai wasn't held in very high regard.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hyundai did not pay Kanye for that. He's talking about them negatively. He's saying that a football player just won the super bowl, but has to pay so much child support that he can't afford anything more than a Hyundai. The song came out in 2005 - back when Hyundai wasn't held in very high regard.
Well then... LOL

At least these days Hyundai is at a much better state that they could potentially seek out famous people like Kanye to endorse the brand.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I haven't heard of product placement in actual song lyrics. Almost every other place, but not lyrics. To a certain degree, I wouldn't be surprised though.

I'm not sure many companies would want to be associated with Kanye though. He's cool one day, but the next he says something crazy and everybody runs.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Acting in that way can take on a big effect, I know Donald Trump had some company he was associated with drop him for some comments he made about Mexican people.

Brands definitely can't have those associations made.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Donald Trump is hilarious. He just says whatever he wants to. He's like the white Republican Kanye.

Here is exactly what he said.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Oh, Donald. Oh, America.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Worse thing to say when you're trying to run for president especially when you have a lot of hard working people coming over from mexico, a lot of laborers.

But i'll admit there's a lot of cartels and dangerous gangs from Mexico and places further south that create problems for america, MS-13 and Zeta's being a couple of the largest. MS-13 and Los Zeta's are almost as ruthless as ISIS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts