Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Seems to be an extended version of this one: First commerical?

This ad seems to focus on the Santa Cruz lifestyle and the vehicle mimics that thru its name. I guess we know why they put "Designed in California" on the taillights as they are really pushing this connection. Arizona & Mexico (Tuscon / Santa Fe) must be jealous they didn't get this much love from Hyundai :LOL:

Reading the press release they are going to run these ads on Sunday Night Football. That's a major showcase.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Again ... it's all well and good to market a youthful image - but the reality is the kids they're highlighting are nowhere NEAR the demo who will actually be buying these vehicles. Fresh college grad, swimming in debt, working entry level jobs won't be buying these. Can it be aspirational? Sure. At least they've picked up on people get sold on an image and a lifestyle, not a finance rate. So props for that.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
LOL no, if you buy a Santa Cruz you will become a surfer and skateborder because you have the car!
Awwwwwwwwwwww ... do I have to move to SoCal too?? Why couldn't they hire some kayakers or anglers at least! Guess I can't take this one off road to the trout lakes ... just the skate park. Fishing sucks at the skate park. :p

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems to be an extended version of this one: First commerical?

This ad seems to focus on the Santa Cruz lifestyle and the vehicle mimics that thru its name. I guess we know why they put "Designed in California" on the taillights as they are really pushing this connection. Arizona & Mexico (Tuscon / Santa Fe) must be jealous they didn't get this much love from Hyundai :LOL:

Reading the press release they are going to run these ads on Sunday Night Football. That's a major showcase.
LOL... noticed that too... As for the NFL, I know how hard HMA worked to get to be an "NFL" sponsor. They landed that deal a few years ago. The brand visibility has been a huge win.. not to mention Kia has a huge on-going TV campaign (Superbowl, now Olympics, Soccer, etc.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts