Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autonews.com/article/20170822/OEM04/170829919/hyundai-confirms-pickup-coming-to-u-s?cciid=email-autonews-blast

Hyundai Motor Co. plans to launch a pickup in the United States as part of a broader plan to catch up by shifting away from sedans in one of the Korean automaker's most important markets, a senior company executive told Reuters.

Michael J. O’Brien, vice president of corporate and product planning at Hyundai's U.S. unit, told Reuters that Hyundai's top management has given the green light for development of a pickup similar to a show vehicle called the Santa Cruz that U.S. Hyundai executives unveiled in 2015.

·
Registered
102 Posts
After two and a half years, they NOW will greenlight development, because they admit they have a "problem"? Complete joke. This vehicle might be out in 2020, but seeing that 2018's are already being built, that is doubtful. You could've been a rock star, Hyundai, but you moved at the pace of 1970's general motors.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry Hyundai, you took too long! Bought a Colorado diesel last month. Had my hopes up for the Santa Cruz but you dragged your feet on giving it the go-ahead. I'm sure I'm not the only sale you lost.
Good call on that, those have been around for years along with the Tacoma which for me right now is the best option. I like the fact even more that TRD Tacoma's are showing up on the used market. Surely Hyundai has a while to go before they can come out with something TRD-like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For me to get on-board it is going to need the diesel other wise I'll keep the Wrangler, with the back seat out is does a fair job as a pickup.
Arizonite

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yup, Hyundai took too long to release the Santa Cruz and they won't sell as many as they would have if a concrete production confirmation was provided earlier. We were all lost without an honest answer from them.

The Santa Cruz will need to be very appealing if they want to draw in those who already gave up a while ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts