Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very cool! Scrolling through the page, it's interesting to see "Class exclusive" and "Not available on Honda Ridgeline" :) And the link there opens a whole pop-up list comparing SC features to the Ridgeline side by side!

Lower down the page, they also have comparisons to the Rav4 and Outback.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Apparently Hyundai thinks the SC's biggest competitor is the Ridgeline (and RAV4 and Outback). As you scroll down, you'll get to the "VS" section. Only three vehicles are listed; interesting that none are the Maverick. Perhaps they really don't think the Maverick is a competitor (they have said as much) or perhaps they don't want to give people any ideas. Of the three vehicles listed, only the Ridgeline is closest to the SC in that it is the only one with a bed. Honestly, I think the SC has the potential to take a lot of the Ridgeline's market. People that WANT a truck are going to stick with a truck (or at least go for the Maverick's truck-like appearance). People that are in the market for an SUV are more like going to be cross shopping the RAV4 and Outback with the Tucson, et al. Now while the Ridgeline has a more truck like appearance than previous generations, it's still a unibody "truck" like the SC. However, in that mid-size range, I think there are a lot of Ridgeline owners and shoppers that might feel it's more (in size) than they need. I just think Hyundai might be more likely to draw a Ridgeline buyer than a traditional truck buyer. Of course, I would have been in the market for a Ranger before a Ridgeline, so what do I know. Perhaps the takeaway is this...the SC is going to draw people from several categories (traditional trucks, the Ridgeline, and SUV's) not just one category.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Apparently Hyundai thinks the SC's biggest competitor is the Ridgeline (and RAV4 and Outback). As you scroll down, you'll get to the "VS" section. Only three vehicles are listed; interesting that none are the Maverick. Perhaps they really don't think the Maverick is a competitor (they have said as much) or perhaps they don't want to give people any ideas. Of the three vehicles listed, only the Ridgeline is closest to the SC in that it is the only one with a bed. Honestly, I think the SC has the potential to take a lot of the Ridgeline's market. People that WANT a truck are going to stick with a truck (or at least go for the Maverick's truck-like appearance). People that are in the market for an SUV are more like going to be cross shopping the RAV4 and Outback with the Tucson, et al. Now while the Ridgeline has a more truck like appearance than previous generations, it's still a unibody "truck" like the SC. However, in that mid-size range, I think there are a lot of Ridgeline owners and shoppers that might feel it's more (in size) than they need. I just think Hyundai might be more likely to draw a Ridgeline buyer than a traditional truck buyer. Of course, I would have been in the market for a Ranger before a Ridgeline, so what do I know. Perhaps the takeaway is this...the SC is going to draw people from several categories (traditional trucks, the Ridgeline, and SUV's) not just one category.
Personally i don't think MOST ppl will be comparing the Santa Cruz to anything ONCE they've seen it, stylistically it really has ZERO competiton.... They will EITHER love it upon first glance and say, "to heck with the crappy milege, inflated HYUNDAI price (poorest resale), cramped back seat, smaller bed, etc...etc...etc...I WANT IT NOW!!!" or they will skip it altogether due to the above named drawbacks... Just my thoughts....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts