Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai is moving forward with its plan to spin off its luxury wing as Genesis, and to that end, the company has released two design sketches that show what to expect from the Genesis G90.

Genesis calls it "a blueprint for change and innovation that will distinguish the Genesis brand."

As far as what we can expect from Genesis as it builds its first lineup, it will have a Genesis sedan and 3-Series fightr, as will as a new versino of teh Genesis Coupe and two SUVs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The face certainly looks aggressive enough but most production models never look as good as concept. We'll just have to see what they can produce for their luxury brand.
When will they come out with one of these new models?

·
Registered
729 Posts
These should be received really well, if you look at the genesis sedan it sells well. The brand sure has come a long way from where they were with the first genesis which while it was nice didn't has as much of a noticable presence once new on the market.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think they're moving on to showing the real deal and that's apparently going to happen soon, so what we see here should be close to it. There was already one teaser basically showing the thing in full.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks pretty accurate to me. Is that actually the Genesis Genesis, or the last Hyundai Genesis?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I love how it looks and even more so that they went for something new all while keeping some Equus design DNA in the rear. These are going to stand out big time on the street.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it for what it is, though I've never been a fan of these large luxury sedans generally. I prefer something a little bit smaller.

·
Registered
729 Posts
For what it is, it is indeed nice and with how well received the current Genesis sedan is and how the last one was, Hyundai should have no problem moving these in good numbers, better than the Equus I bet.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder what improvements in terms of tech, luxury etc... they will make to this first of the Genesis brand when compared to what the Hyundai Genesis was offering.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I wonder what improvements in terms of tech, luxury etc... they will make to this first of the Genesis brand when compared to what the Hyundai Genesis was offering.
Bringing it closer to what you'll find in the higher end competition will be it, They seem to be going after the S-Class.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The S-Class? That's a high standard.

I'm not convinced Hyundai will be offering hot stone massage seats, but I suppose if they want to play with the big boys they will have to show us what their version of high luxury is. It's a tough task though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts